Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Annual Jow Ga 5 Tigers All Kung Fu Championship

Date of tournament: June 10, 2006 in Columbia, MD

This is a traditional kung fu tournament for ALL STYLES of Kung Fu. We hope that you will help us promote traditional kung fu.
    • CONTINOUS SPARRING DIVISIONS
    • EMPTY HAND AND WEAPON DIVISIONS (Traditional Kung Fu)
    • CHI SAO & WOODEN DUMMY DIVISIONS
    • 2 MAN SET DIVISIONS (Traditional Kung Fu)
    • INTERNAL DIVISIONS
    • BEAUTIFUL 2.5” DIECAST MEDALS
    • LION DANCING
    • VARIOUS VENDORS
    • HOT FOOD & REFRESHEMENT VENDORS
    • HOSPITALITY SUIT FOR SIFUS AND JUDGES
    • VENUE LOCATED 5 MINUTES FROM COLUMBIA MALL & VARIOUS OTHER SHOPPING CENTERS & RESTAURANTS. 40 MINUTES FROM WASHINGTON D.C. & 15 MINUTES FROM BALTIMORE.

ALL YOU CAN COMPETE: A list of divisions is provided on the web. On the day of the tournament, a schedule of divisions & rings will be distributed and clearly posted in the Gymnasium that will indicate the location and order for each division. During registration & check in, competitors will be given competition wristbands that correspond with their level of experience. All competitor need to do is show up and check-in at the ring when their division begins.
    Information, Download Forms, Schedule, Rules, Registration, Divisions, Etc.: http://www.jowtigers.com/tournament/

Email: 5TigersTournament@jowtigers.com or
    Telephone School: (410) 992-6673
    • 8am Registration Opens
    • 8:30 Tai Chi (Empty Hand, Weapons & Push Hands)
    • 9:00 Judges Meeting for Sparring
    • 9:45 Registration Closes 10:00 Opening Ceremony Begins (Lion Dance, etc.)
    • 10:30 Sparring Begins
    • TBA - Forms, Weapons, Chi Sao, Special Divisions
    • Judges please contact Sifu Derek Johnson at jowga1@verizon.net or (410)-992-6673

excuse me tailik, but im an idiot, so does MD stand for maryland or what. if so thats not so far i dont think..ive been there before and ive wanted to go to this tourney for a long time...

but a friend of mine is also fighting in june in a mma event for his 3rd time i believe and i would rather be there, but if i can do both id like to know if i can really go. so maryland or what?
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

http://www.jowtigers.com/

http://www.shaolinroundtable.com/viewtopic.php?t=290

This event is also the first of the three ever held in the US to be officially sanctioned by the newly formed Chinese & Foreign Jow Ga (Chau Ka) Martial Arts Federation LTD. , Headquarters China. Chairman Grandmaster Chan Man Cheung and Vice Chairman Tsui Mai Lam

In Australia we have organisations quite similar and with the olympic lion dance head off perfomance line up of certain family styles set for Beijing '08 ( invite only) It's probably quite a cool step to preserving some art and a really good oportunity to see what's around, who needs students and how things really are stacking up atm. It's a pretty exciting time for sthn families.

if I were nearby, I don't think I'd want to not go. .. but then I'm a traditionalist from way back. Competition sounds hot there. Looks like a nice prelude .
      Last edited by blooming tianshi lotus; 05-07-2006, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Just did some hmwk on this and Check this out :

Wu Song Breaks Manacles (Wu Song Tuo Kao)

Rare Kungfu Form Inspired by Outlaws of the Marsh Re-emerges
        by Chan Kai Leung and TC Media
        http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/maga...hp?article=237

http://www.answers.com/manacles&r=67

http://www.jowtigers.com/

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...i+origins&meta=

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...+pek+kwar&meta=

http://www.ckungfu.com/article/article_20031016001.htm

Comment

what the hell...

whered u come from? did satan send u from hell to tourment me

damnit im to drunk to read that shit i want taililikd to answer wtf

Comment

yah??.. too bad. cos I'm sober as a monk myself . Come back when youu're sober maybe. I think it speaks for itself.
            cheers
            Last edited by blooming tianshi lotus; 05-08-2006, 02:05 AM.

Comment

u know blooming bitch, before u ediit a post the first gone get sent to me before you edit!!!!

so i got your post damnit. yea, who wants to challenge me> beer number 24# now damnit. and f that. i dont give a **** anyone who wants to com here and and fight me i will take without a hesitation. who what the hell

abou this tournamet i just want to go for fun not to fight, if i see some good fighters maybe then i would sign up but wyea right, pffft gugn fu nowadays just lets me down, im just lucky i met my sifus not some of these other so called :Sifu"

Comment

again..I'm sure you might already have the original on this post aswell. Not talking to you about it any further here though so If you want to pm me and continue it there then go ahead.
                Last edited by blooming tianshi lotus; 05-08-2006, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Brother Maestro

no problem. MD does stand for Maryland and hope you will join us. 15 min. from Baltimore and 45 min. from Washington D.C. i promise alot of fun and we'
                  ve developed a pretty good following. if i can assist you in anyways please let me know.

regards
                  Tai Lik
                  www.jowtigers.com/tournament/

Comment

thank you brother tailik sorry if im a little messed up its my only day off and im workin on killin a 30 rack. but thank u very much

Comment

"Firstly Maestro, Dammit to getting myself involved in this bs at all,
                      but pfft yaself.
                      I haven't reeeally read alot about the bs surrounding your sifu and
                      what poistion he was in nor much of your relationship or whatever.. but I
                      will say to you that when sifu is actually sigung it makes a
                      difference. As for throwing down challenges and seeing what the competition is
                      offering ( and hell yah it's about the fun btw ) , there is a whoole
                      godammed lineage trail out there that should tell you exactly what you
                      can optimistically expect and exactly how much training and work you
                      might justify yourself. If someone has something new that you think
                      might be a challenge offering ..then go for it . you learn or you prove
                      your point... until then ... as sometimes happens.. there are other
                      things to do. work and survival could be one of those things. Do the lineage
                      math maybe and if you feel you'll potentially get a challenge.. then
                      it'll potentially be there. ..
                      If you dont think you'll get one.. then dont go.
                      It's nott gongfu that lets you down you anyway... it's you. Like I
                      said... just don't feel youu need to be the only one working your ass off
                      when no-one else is up to it .. because vice versa. Think about
                      that...and get a job"

this is what u poisted blooming tianshi lotus

first of alll i work my zass offn and yea im drhunk who cares...its my only day foff!!

so what? now u wanna talk about lineage. mine is as pure as it gets, but either way lineage is nothing. when u face an opponent what the hell does lineage help you> u wanna talk u can talk like always, i could careless.

ive said it before and i will say it again. anyone who wishes to throwdown and comparee skill can come and see me. i look forward to getting my ass kicked because i want to grow as a fighter/martial artist, and ive yet to ever get my ass kicked

your a girl so ill excuse your comments for the most part but dont talk about lineage like it means jack about fighting, go tell some MMA fighters about lineage and they will laugh at you. my speciality is my HUNG GA and my iron body/IRONG LEG

if u want a taste of any of that come see me ok? yep

Comment

how's dig deeper sound??

Comment

24 beers what the **** man? Shit I have like 10 and I'm wasted. Well I guess it's no wonder, alcohol causes...what is it, dampness? And you've got all this qi, LOL...and it probably helps that you're ****ing 6'3" and like 200+ lbs...hahahaha
                          Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

ahh, the next day and im feelin OKAY

lolo, and actually lei im almost 6'2 and im about 190, but im also older then you and ive been drinking/smoking etc since i was 17.

Comment

Originally posted by Maestro
                              when u face an opponent what the hell does lineage help you>

because iit decides what's important, iit decides what skills you train and why and iit decides what wins the fight in whose minds hands because of that...
                              Each lineage has a different idea of how to approach a situation and why to do it that way.
                              "at the end of the day what decides who wins the fight is not what's in your hands but what's in your head". Chuck Norris.

http://www.ckungfu.com/article/article_20031016001.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X