China visa application....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China visa application....

i spent the last few days in new york working on my chinese visa. the mail-in-service that was available four years ago is now a thing of the past.. greater security, etc.. so in 2003 the policy changed, forcing applicants, a friend, or some representive to travel to the nearest general-consular for submissions. it came as a bit of a surprise to me, though it's probably old news to anyone who's been to china in the couple years. of course, if in fact you'd like to have your documents handed back to you the same day, you can still request "rush-service" for around 90 dollars. just get there early since any "rushed" visa is typically returned in the afternoon around 2:30pm and the building closes at not long after three. because i had some issues with an invitation letter coming via zhejiang university, i had to stay and have some things faxed over................ but, this definitely puts an additional hurdle in the process or acquiring a visa....so keep it in mind if you plan on travelling anytime soon..
    ZhongwenMovies.com

I've always had my travel agent deal with it. She has "friends" in the embassy there in New York, and always seems to get things taken care of. I've found that it tends to be easier sometimes, to pay someone to deal with these things.

Have fun up there. Seventeen days. Hmmm, I haven't been to Shaolin in over a year and a half, since the National Geographic special I was involved in....
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

well, when your a poor, struggling student like myself, it tends to be easier to do it all yourself. lol!!! actually it worked out and i got to do some shopping around the city, have a nice lunch...and so on...

Guess my countdown is off a bit -- I'll be leaving next Thursday, the 15th, and arrive in Shanghai on the 17th. After a week of travels.. (haven't decided on where yet) I'll make my way over to Zhejiang Unversity in Hangzhou, where I'll be staying for two months (in the dorms)... Program starts the 25th.

Should be interesting.

ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Basic requriments

Applicants should fill in one visa application form completely and truthfully with one recent passport size photograph. Applications will be declined if applicants provide fake information or application forms are not duly completed.
        A photocopy of the front and back page of applicant’s passport.
        Applicant's passport valid for at least six months with two blank visa pages is required.
        The visa applications can be submitted in person or can be sent through representatives. Applications by courier or post will not be accepted.
        The normal visa procedure takes 4 working days. Extra fees will be charged for Urgent Service.

Kenya visa

Comment

China Visa

Comment

Working...
          X