If you had to choose one..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you had to choose one..

If you had to choose just one shaolin form to learn and practice for many years, which would it be and why?

Presumably you'd want one with many techniques so you don't get bored and one that is a good workout in itself..

The usual answer is going to be Shao Hong chuan, which, is a fantastic form full of good applications, but one which I kind of hate, for some reason or another. The animal forms are fun, but don't offer as many relevant applications. I think out of the sixteen or so forms that I've learned in the past, Da Lohan, the complete 108 step version, is the best in terms of variety of applications, beauty, movements, and sheer pleasure to do. Nothing else compares.

It just feels good.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

gung gi fook fu kuen

in its current form its a compilation of tid sin kuen, 5 animals 5 elements and some lohan. not only is it my favorite, but the it is probably one of the best forms in terms of combat application and internal developement..depending upon your focus and skill level.

and i love its raw power and simplicity
      "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Working...
      X