Dear Doc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Doc

Why do so many martial artists look like fat neck dickheads.

It's amazing.

I don't want to name any names but I was cruising through this other forum where you can see a lot of people's pictures. It was frightening.

And you know the funny thing is when you put the face to the post, oh god...it is hilarious.
    "Arhat, I am your father..."
    -the Dark Lord Cod

well... is this a thread starter or what!!

to me alot of people who call themselves martial artists just arent!!

i say this with all seriousness, many people call themselves martial artists because they practice a martial art.

like my first teacher would say maybe 1 in 10,000 people are real martial artists, in that they have what it takes to excell and understand the depth and scope of any given art they practice

i always thought this anyway, espcially when everyone i see at any given school..instructors etc with way more years in then me look like a sloppy mess

the students arent all at fault, its the instructors aswell but thats about 40-60 ratio vs the student anyhow imho.

even at my first school my teacher would openly tell us or show us anything we wished, he would put you in the position explain everything and people still just stayed on the same level for years

so yea...fat neck dickheads
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Imagine what people think when they cruise this web site and see us.

Well, I guess all they see is me.

Hmmm. So much for that.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

I'll post a picture in my profile, I guess. I'd have to warn you, if you're looking for a fat neck, you're not going to see it in the pictures.
        Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

well the real humor is of course when you read someone's post, especially if they like, call you out as a nerd or D&D freak, and then you see their pic...it's like, brrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnng brrrrrrrrrnnnnnnng hello Kettle? Yeah this is Pot. YOU'RE BLACK!!!

I'm very happy with my avatar portrait. You think it is easy to get hair horns?
          -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

what would you do if someone wearing this tshirt attached below called you a D&D nerd?

A. Immediately drop to the ground trying to collect your kidneys which just ejected from under your rib cage as your lungs explode in laughter

B. Cry

C. Post a picture of a hand mirror in your reply.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by arhat; 07-29-2006, 03:59 PM.
            -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Originally posted by arhat
              You think it is easy to get hair horns?
              Not so hard for me. I wake up every morning with them.
              I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
              "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
              "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
              "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

I wonda what Maestro's idea of a martial artist is and if he/she is one.

Comment

honest, disciplined and hardworking ( not to be confused with what the ego calls hard work but what is far beyond what the ego thinks is capable, and duplicateing this to infinity)

and most of all, highly perceptive, naturally talented and mastery of control over mind body and spirit.

"the warrior who masters his enemy is wise"

"the warrior who masters himself is without fear" lao tze

oh...and yes, he is one

Comment

Everyone who has ever practiced martial arts in the U.S. is at least somewhat nerdy. Martial artists (current or former) who deny this simple fact are deluding themselves. Martial artists who deny this fact on an internet discussion board are really, really deluding themselves.

Comment

You say from your high horse of non-practice. LOL, but yes, I feel what you're saying. Just look at Doc. Hahahahhaa

Comment

Did I just get dissed? I'm not sure, but that sure sounded like a diss to me. Ticket to HELL material? What shall we do.

Gonna have to consult with Maestro on this one.
                        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                        russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by doc
                          Did I just get dissed? I'm not sure, but that sure sounded like a diss to me. Ticket to HELL material? What shall we do.

Gonna have to consult with Maestro on this one.

Yep!
                          Second the motion.

Comment

Hahahahaha you know I kid.

Comment

send both of them to HELL, screw it, ive been there what? a million times?!?!

when does reasonable thinking ever have anything to do with the process of sending people to hell?

and i disagree with the dork thing or whatever, my parents started me in martial arts when i was a kid, i had to quit because my brother got his collar broken by a purple belt, i loved the arts ever since, started back up with a MMA gym when i was 18, then moved on to shaolin. i dont think ive ever been a "dork" most of my teen years were spent getting drunk and high at partys or going out with friends doing "crazy" things..

blanket statements arent always accurate, its good to know because i make alot of them, this site made me think again!! o.O

anyway ill get back to this after the party i get home from tonight, let u know how dorky i felt being a martial artist and all

Comment

Working...
                              X