Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Songshan Shaolin Temple Xiao Long Kung Fu Training centre

Hi Russbo

has anyone studies / currently studying at Songshan Shaolin Temple Xiao Long Kung Fu Training centre?

I'm interested in opinions of the school, what the training is like etc

Cheers

It's probably the same as any of the other places. Remember, they all try to teach the same stuff, as they all have to compete in the same things. Decheng and many of the other school headmasters get together every once in a while to design new wushu forms, to be used in competitions. What's different at each school, is who you learn from, how experienced they are, and what the living conditions and English accessibility is.

The Xiao Long school, is most probably related to Xiao Long, the kid (now teen) movie star, whose father, a truly great master, taught from a very early age. The kid is very good, and very well known; the father's school used to be on the main drag to Shaolin Temple, though it is now destroyed. It actually was either the first or second gong fu school to be originally built back in the early 80's, taught by the father himself. I don't know who the headmaster is now, and I don't know much about Xiao Long anymore; I met him ten years ago when he was about 5.

It wouldn't be a bad choice, as the school has quite a good history associated with it. I can't attest to what the conditions are though. Some of these places are "designed" for domestic Chinese and not foreigners, even though they try to attract foreigners on the internet (for their money). Some of them truly are shitholes to be in. You have to be careful.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Working...
    X