Doc and Decheng: Now in print

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc and Decheng: Now in print

It was, oh, the summer before last I think. I had been asked by National Geographic to help their team with a major Buddhism report that was going to predominate the December 2005 issue. I traveled to Shaolin, during one of the worst health periods of my life (another story), and met with two, very well known, and journalistically famous, National Geographic people.

Perry Garfinkel, of the New York Times, and, the world famous photographer, Steve McCurry. I spent two weeks in Shaolin, during a time when my spastic bronchitis and low grade anaphylactic reactions were at their peak. Not the best time for me to be in the middle of China. But, it ws a good project, and I spent the time helping these guys.

Perry was not only writing an article for Nat Geo (an abbreviated version of it was published in the December 2005 issue, not as big as originally planned because of some other news worthy event that occurred), but was also writing a book. He had become enamored with my own personal story, that had brought me to Shaolin many years ago, and had found my relationship with Decheng to be fascinating. Thus, began the birth of the chapter, supposedly, of Doc and Decheng, in his new upcoming book.

Well, my experience with the media in the past has not always been the best, and I now shy away from it, Not sure what Perry has come up with, but, I just got notified that he has finished his book.

Gonna have to put it on the list of things to read.
    Attached Files
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Hawt. So hawt.
    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Seems to be a good book.

I will buy it.

There is a mistake on the name of Master Shi Su Xi, it says Shi Su Yuan.

Hi Doc, any news about Master Shi De Cheng going to USA?
      Hector Villarruel
      Guadalajara, Jalisco
      Mexico

Comment

He just sent me an email. He was wondering when I was going to return to see him. I'll discuss with him the possibility of him coming here, or, me going there, or he and I going to Thailand. I'm still trying to get back on my feet after being away from the US for so long.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

Great news!.

But take your time.

And of course, if you bring him to USA everybody will be happy.
          Hector Villarruel
          Guadalajara, Jalisco
          Mexico

Comment

Working...
          X