Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoliosis

Even more problems

I think scoliosis is what i have and i just noticed it recently. My mom always told me to sit up straight, but...
    One shoulder is higher than the other. I just wonder if it can be helped. I try to raise my right shoulder to not look like a complete hutchback.

The attached photos were taken with my shoulders relaxed.

I looked over those exercises, but i doubt they'd help.. would they? http://www.iscoliosis.com/video.html...e=mckenna-open
    Attached Files

not serious unless you still have more growing ahead of you. there's a postural scoliosis and a structural scoliosis-one derived from muscle imbalance secondary to usage patterns the other is a progressive skeletal deformity i.e. the hunchback of Notre Dame. correct strengthening exercise may help with the former, but the latter is usually left alone unless serious enough to warrant surgery. Many people have some degree of lateral curvature without suffering any ill effects aside from being self conscious of their appearance.

Comment

Yea, i'm finished growing (im 23). I guess it could be a muscular disbalance, since i landed on my head 5 months ago (yes, my neck hurt for a long time).I'll try some stretching exercises and hanging on one hand of something.

Comment

Shizo, it all depends upon your xray findings. If you have scoliosis, you need a good AP and Lateral film of your thoracic spine, so that the exact curvatures and deviations can be measured. It is through these measurements, and the following of such, that a decision can be made as to future treatment.

There are other reasons for "shoulder drop", including cervical disc disease, various neurological disorders, etc. You need to get this evaluated.

And no, you won't look like the Hunchback of Notre Dame. But, if you do, it's not all that bad. Remember, he got Esmeralda in the end..
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

Love to know that

Comment

Working...
          X