• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anna Nicole Smith's son dies

Anna Nicole Smith's son dies at hospital bedside
    Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:17 PM ET

By John Marquis
    NASSAU, Bahamas (Reuters) - Anna Nicole Smith's 20-year-old son died suddenly at her bedside in a Bahamian hospital where the former Playboy Playmate was recovering from the birth of a daughter, police said on Monday.
    Daniel Smith was found sitting upright in a chair in his mother's room at the private Doctors Hospital in the Bahamian capital of Nassau early on Sunday and could not be revived, police said. There were no signs of trauma on his body and no sign of a struggle in the room, police said.
    Daniel had flown to Nassau on Saturday to see his 38-year-old mother, who had checked into the hospital under an assumed name and delivered a healthy baby girl by Caesarean section on Thursday.
    An autopsy was being performed at nearby Prince Margaret Hospital, according to assistant police commissioner Reginald Ferguson. He said police had not ruled out any cause of death and were still awaiting the pathologist's report.
    "It would not be wise for police to try and come to a conclusion before we have a proper investigation," Ferguson said.
    Smith's lawyer, Howard K. Stern, said he did not believe drugs or alcohol were a factor.
    "Anna Nicole is absolutely devastated by the loss of her son. He was her pride and joy and an amazing human being," Stern said in a news release.
    Reached by phone, Stern declined to give any details about Daniel's death. Daniel appeared in "The Anna Nicole Show," a reality TV series that aired on the E! cable channel.
    The identity of the newborn's father was not disclosed. The baby was in another part of the hospital when Daniel was found dead, investigators said.
    Since being named Playboy's Playmate of the Year in 1993, the former Vicki Lynn Hogan from Mexia, Texas, has never been far from the public spotlight. In 1994, she married wheelchair-bound oil tycoon J. Marshall Howard, 89, after meeting him at a strip club.
    His death, after 14 months of marriage, triggered a legal battle over his estate between Smith and his son, E. Pierce Marshall. Earlier this year, she won a U.S. Supreme Court decision giving her another chance to collect millions of dollars. Pierce Marshall died in June at age 67.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
    "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
    "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
    "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

I was mislead by these events...Smith was giving birth, while her child died? Was it a miscarriage? Was she giving birth to a 20 year old boy?

In the end, I found out that I don't care.
    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Her 20 year old son died at the hospital where she just gave birth to her new daughter.
      I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
      "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
      "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

thats messed up, and very weird. suicide? or murder...
        "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Well, usually when a 20 year old dies suddenly, you think of either drugs (usually cocaine or heroine), or some cardiac birth anomaly. That was the first thing I thought. But now they're talking about murder. Damn, in a hospital room.

If you're not safe in a hospital room, where can you be safe. Well, safe from things other than doctors and nurses.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

Last pictures

Here are the last known pictures of Anna Nicole Smith and son, Daniel, with the new baby, hours before he died in this hospital room. See them here in one of the first places on the net..
            Attached Files

Comment

Doesn't she look lovely.

And in one of the photos, the son looks kind of "pasty".

I still maintain that drugs were an issue. The scummy lawyer that was with them gave him something. Something a "little too much".
              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

InTouch Magazine just bought those pictures from Getty Images for $650,000.

Bahamian authorities and a private pathologist hired by the family have said there was no evidence of homicide or suicide, nor that he overdosed on drugs, but have not released the cause.

Comment

Originally posted by doc
                  Doesn't she look lovely.

And in one of the photos, the son looks kind of "pasty".

I still maintain that drugs were an issue. The scummy lawyer that was with them gave him something. Something a "little too much".
                  Exactly.

Anna Nicole Smith stands to gain lots of money from that marriage to that rich guy. Millions.

She was in the hospital giving birth to the heir to that money.

There was another heir that was 20 years old though. That would mean the money would be split in half. Can't have that.

After the murder, two different guys were fighting over the paternity of the baby. Whoever the father is, he is guaranteed money as father of the baby. A baby that will probably have an accident once the legalities about the money are determined.

And there is no 20 year old kid to share the money with anymore.

Comment

I totally disagree. Neither kid is an heir to J. Howard Marshall, the oil billionaire husband. Both boys were not sons of the old guy. Daniel did die from a bad combination of pain killer and anti-depressant. Does not matter how many kids Anna has, she is probably never going to win that money.

Comment

um...

am i missing something here? was her son some kind of kung fu practioner? is she a laymonk? why should this be important to a forum on martial arts? can somebody explain? I mean, i kow we should be virtous and give a shit about even the filthy rich, but i just can't seem to find it in myself to care... am i a bad person?

There are only 10 types of people in this world.
                      Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Don't worry.

I did post this in the "Bullshit And Other Unrelated Things/ Current Events" Thread, so it really does not have anything to do with Shaolin or Martial Arts. But we don't always just talk about MA in this russbo world. It was all over the news here in America back in September. No ones really cares now. I see that you are from South Africa and you don't view celebrities like we do in America, that is probably a better thing. Don't worry about not caring, you are not a bad person for not giving a shit about that ex-stripper blonde freak.

Comment

I care.

I lay awake at night wondering what Anna Nicole is going to do next.

I can't wait to get the National Enquirer on a weekly basis to see how my beloved celebrities are doing.

Is it true that my honey ANS actually screwed Howard Stern (or vicey versa), and that she's pregnant with his child?

Oh dear, another sleepless night....

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                          X