• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Jin Kang Quan

Shaolin Jin Kang Quan

what does that means???

and also Taizhu zhang quan as well??

thanks

Jin Gang Chuan is a hand form. I don't know it, I can't say much about it other than the following: Jin means gold, gang means strong. Strong golden boxing might be one translation.

Of interest, when the movie King Kong hit Beijing, it was translated and called "Jin Gang".

I doubt very much if the monks of yore called their hand form King Kong boxing.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Thanks Doc

Do you have Kan Jia Quan video available on this website??

thanks again!!

Comment

No, I don't think I've actually seen the form. Just heard about it. It's not a commonly taught form in Decheng's regimen. At least, it wasn't back when I was training with him. If go back to Shaolin, remind me and I'll get a video of it.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Thanks Doc.

Can u tell me when are u going to Shaolin??..just let me know so i can remind you.

thanks again again.

Comment

Not sure. Decheng wanted to come to Thailand; he might come here this spring when I come back. If so, I think he knows this form.

I don't. Then again, if I did, I wouldn't have remembered it anyway. And god knows I wouldn't be able to do it worth a shit. Been out of this far too long....

russbo.com

Comment

gang can mean steel, just...and a lot of other things depending on the character.
              ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Understand. My sources in Shaolin tell me that this is gold and strong, and not gang. Well, if you think about it, if it is a traditional form, steel probably wouldn't have been used, eh?

Where you been man? Everything alright? BL told me a few things that didn't make sense, about you. Well, what else is new....

russbo.com

Comment

i've been around. i'm very busy with this program.....it's killing me.

well, then gold and steel it is.....though "gang" can also mean firm or indomitable...lol!!! :-)

yeah, bl did the same thing to me....had to cut her off. i didn't know you were still so close with her. lucky you -- those were the days....!
                  ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

jin gang is the equivalent of the word sanskrit word 'vajra', which means either diamond or lighting, depending on the context. There's vajrapani, which is a temple guardian, and there's vajrayana, the tibeten sect of buddhisem.
                    -Jesse Pasleytm
                    "How do I know? Because my sensei told me!"

Comment

Jingang (vajra) refers to a substance which is similar to a diamond (diamond sutra). It is indestructible and can slice through anything. This represents the power of wisdom in the Dharma. Vajrapani is a Bodhisattva often depicted with his left arm on his side holding a noose and his right hand raised above his head holding a vajra with a fierce look, as if he's ready to capture "evil" and strike it down. The arms make the shape of the Taiji symbol, yin and yang. This is the position in mabu that ends most Shaolin forms.

Hope that helps!

Comment

Jin Gang Quan was taught at the school i was in, in wang chang, dajindian, birth place of shi de qian, aka my masters uncle.

This form is commonly known as diamond fist in english

Comment

The Jin Gang are considered to be Buddha's personal body guards.
                          There are the 18 (originally 16 in India, China added 2) Luo Han (also known as Arhat), who were criminals that became enlightened, and thus they know martial arts.

And there are the 4 Jin Gang.

Shaolin has a series of Vajra / Jin Gang sets (10-13 in total) that date back to the Yuan dynasty era.
                          These were sets practiced by the guards of the Shaolin gates back then.

The Jin Gang sets are the far distant ancestors of the style known as Northern Shaolin (not the general northern shaolin, but the specific style that is called that that is famous for their 10 sets). The sets are called the same names.

Comment

Originally posted by LFJ View Post
                            Jingang (vajra) refers to a substance which is similar to a diamond (diamond sutra). It is indestructible and can slice through anything. This represents the power of wisdom in the Dharma. Vajrapani is a Bodhisattva often depicted with his left arm on his side holding a noose and his right hand raised above his head holding a vajra with a fierce look, as if he's ready to capture "evil" and strike it down. The arms make the shape of the Taiji symbol, yin and yang. This is the position in mabu that ends most Shaolin forms.

Hope that helps!

Sounds formidable, doesn't it. i think the only way to evade capture under those terms is by the diamond way one's self. there's a funny taijutsu moral about that that I really quite enjoy regularly. tai as we know being circular and jutsu regarding path of least resistance.

I tend to interperate meanings by properties and characteristics of the subject myself, so realy, by that logic, all of the above, every single interperatation does seem to match with that.

Is anyone familiar with the jin from persian history?

once you understand what's going on in the poetry, I think you can express it any number of ways, and hence the variations in versions.
                            I hear both shi de yang and sensei hatsumi talk about , advocate and employ this in expressive freedom and creativity of forms and accents.

some aspects dont neccessarily go in harmonious integration progressively with others though, so maybe by alternative progress routing, not everyone would include it in their syllabus.

quite a cool set of terms to bounce it off of, though.

Blooming tianshi lotus.

Comment

Working...
                            X