Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc and Uwe Now In Print

Doc, the Editor

Doc was kind enough to act as editor for a small publication we just finsihed.

Its about the Shaolin Temple

When people hear Shaolin, they think about Gong Fu and flying monks. However, the Shaolin temple was and is so much more than that.

The Shaolin temple is situated in Henan province, 13 kilometers outside the village of Dengfeng. It was build in 496 A.D. at the foot of Songshan Mountain, under the edict of Emperor Xiao Wen of the Northern Wei Dynasty (386-534 A.D.). The temple is located at the foot of Wu Ru Feng (Five-breast Peak), North of Shaoshi Mountain.

In this first volume, we will provide the reader with a glimpse of what Shaolin is in reality. It begins with a walk through the temple based on an oral transmission of the Canton temple from 1915. This is followed by a number of historical images of the Shaolin temple from before the 1928 destruction (it's destruction in 1928) by the Warlord Shi Yousan.

here is the link:

http://www.lulu.com/content/537799

Let us know what you think!

Uwe
    Last edited by Uwe; 11-12-2006, 08:43 PM.

Sounds interesting.

What's your doctorate in, Uwe?
    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Mine is in Linguistics

Comment

nice book Uwe & Doc !
        i got mine in the post today
        just a heads up to say it's worth the price

mad4dos

ps the link to buy the book seems to stoped working ?

Comment

Originally posted by mad4dos
          nice book Uwe & Doc !
          i got mine in the post today
          just a heads up to say it's worth the price

mad4dos

ps the link to buy the book seems to stoped working ?

First of all thanks for the comment. Doc and myself are appreciating it. There will be more coming soon. I will post later on a more detauiled message.

Uwe

PS: I fixed the Link.

Comment

Since I know how tight (financially I mean, before any smart... gets any ideas) martial artists are (not just around the Holidays), I created also an ebook edition of the Shaolin Temple book.

The link below will bring you to the page with the ebook and the print version.

http://www.lulu.com/group_822

Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
            X