Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helping to make russbo.com a better resource

Hi dear doc

Thank you for this website, ht's the best in the field of shaolin as I have seen yet. I am not experienced in shaolin, but looking for resources to learn martial arts, their techniques and philosophy for about 9 years has forced me to believe that having a master -at least in traditional chinese styles- is the first and greatest factor to learn. For many interested people this factor is unavailable. Here, video resorces are more reliable and easier to learn from than other resources. Unfortunately these are unavailable for many of people too.

As a result I looked for the most reliable videos of shaolin styles -which are the master shi de yang, shi yong xin,... CDs and DVDs, to buy and download them and then upload or send them to you and some other websites. But they arn't sold to download and are sent to shopper via shipping. So this is impossible for me in Iran -as the result of closed economics- to buy them. But haven't been disappointed yet and so I ask you to help me by solving this problem.

Dear doc russbo has a huge number of members and guests. If you ask them in your website to send them to you if they have them, russbo website will become a reference to supply shaolin interesteds with these reliable resources.
    And anothr question: How can I send my useful files to you?
    Thanks a lot
    It has always been my goal to provide whatever I can, to whomever I can, concerning things related to Shaolin. But if you asked me why I do it, I'll never be able to answer.

It's a time consuming, expensive proposition to run a website such as this. I won't go into what I've personally spent, nor will I discuss how much time or effort I've put into over the past ten years, to see this turn into what it has today. Nor will I discuss how this website has affected my personal life (it has, the Xingwei episode is one example, the continued close friendship of Decheng, Deyang, Deru, Xinghong and other real masters is another).

It's been a joy and a headache. And I'll continue with this for as long as I can.

As far as adding content to the site, it is something that I will continue to do, as time and money allow. We have many more videos to get produced, but finding the people with the time to do the editing is difficult. Steve has been a HUGE help in this regard in the past. We have more to come, at some time in the future.

As for hosting other people's material, I would be more than happy to do so, provided it is not copyrighted material.

I will set up an FTP area on one of my servers at some time, soon, in the future, and will advertise that to people who are interested in submitting materials to us.

There is a lot of work to be done on the site in this regard, and in others, and quite frankly, at this point in time, I don't have it. With unexpected health issues, family issues, girlfriend visa issues, legal shit, etc, etc, life has taken quite the complicated turn for me. But I will do my best to help out those who have limited or no access to the Shaolin martial arts, through this web site. I know, from the emails that I get, that there are many in countries such as Pakistan, India, South America, Russia, etc, that have limited or no access to these things. I promise, to do what I can. Hppefully, other members of the russbo community will help too.

Regards to all the russboians in Iran. Welcome to the gang. Let's hope that our governments start acting like adults.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

DOC IS THE MAN! (no homo)

Doc has to be one of the coolest people that i've met online.

CMON EVERYBODY, CAN WE GET A DOC IS THE MAN FROM EVERYONE?

"DOC IS THE MAN!" (no homo)
    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

did you just say doc is a homo man?
      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

"Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Working...
        X