X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone train Ba Gua Zahn?

Seen some excellent examples of this on youtube - looks really effective

does anyone here train this art?

a little bit. i think their chi gung is great, and their stepping method is unique and highly effective.

a good art to learn for the grappler. and there is yin style for the striker as well.
    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

I thought it was interesting at first but have yet to see anything that amazed me about it yet. It's probably great to practice and it looks very elegant and graceful.

I think what turned me off from it was when I saw a fat cop in a kung fu magazine applying the circle walking to using a gun.

bastardization thy name is america.
      "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

it may be tasteless, but i guess its possible. though if invented by a fat cop, i dont know how effective it would be.
        "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Search for "Sun Zhijun" in YouTube. The better demonstration of baguazhang I´ve seen.

Comment

What is the significance of the circle walking thing in bagua anyway?

Comment

Against multiple atack you have to use evasive tactics. So, Baguazhang uses this trainins (circle walking) to exercise evasive ability.

Comment

It is so easy to misdirect people that don't understand. I heard a great one the other day.

A white guy goes to Japan and sits down. His Japanese host tells him he is sitting wrong. He makes the white guy place his right hand palm up and places his left hand over it.

The white guy asks why? Why is he supposed to sit like that?

The Japanese guy says that in the old days,when Samurai met each other, they would place their hands like that to prove to each other they were not going to go for their weapon. It was a peace making gesture.

The white guy was all proud he had learned something manly. He was a real Samurai because he learned how to sit like one.

I laughed for an hour. I am smiling right now thinking about it.

Do you know what mischevious means? I think Asian people are mischevious by nature. Some of the whoppers they come up with to tell gullible people are so outlandish you want to lay down to make the pain from laughing stop.

Comment

Working...
                X