CPR certification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPR certification

Next Monday all of the Senior Students and Teachers in my school are going to become certified for CPR via the red cross. I am already certified and also on Defibs through the RedCross from classes we had at work, we have Defibs on each floor and law requires a certain percentage of personnel be trained. When I was in the Army I was certified Combat Lifesaver, which included lots more in depth training like treating bullet wounds, splinting limbs, giving IV's etc...so I am going to reveiw anyway, even though I am currently certified.

Anyway I was wondering if other schools do this or if this is a new drive amongst martial arts federations to have certified CPR personnel training?

I think it makes sense and the more people who know the better,but some people think it's a waste of time and doesn't belong in the curriculum.

What are your thoughts?

I think that's a great idea for a MA school. It doesn't take that long to learn, either. SO it's not like you'd be wasting a month's worth of instruction.
    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

It's a great idea. Really. Back in the yore when I was driving a paramedic ambulance in NY, I had a lot of exposure to this sort of stuff.

Although it's a great idea, the yield for successful resuscitations is not very high, even when you have trained paramedics with all the equipment available. (It's not exactly high in the hospital either). But, even if you save one, it was all worth it.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

Working...
      X