X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shi yong zhe?

I saw this clip on youtube today:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT9IgCqFjgA

Does anybody know this Shi Yong Zhe and have some background information of him?
    I would really appreciate your help.

I think he hangs with Shi Deyang at his school. I'd guess he's not a monk since he's got a beard.

Comment

Hard to tell from the video, but he looks like Shi Ming Wu. I know him; he's close with Deyang. He's more of a monk than most that pretend to be, if this is him. What's interesting about this video, is that he's doing Shao Hong Chuan in the traditional fashion, and as I remember, it's exactly how Decheng teaches it. Look at the hands...
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

I'm not questioning his level of seriousity, just if monks are allowed to have beards.

Comment

I didn't think you were. And as for facial hair, well, that's another debate, lol.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

facial hair is not a problem as far as I know.

I like this vid, generally. This is our Xiao Hong, except we're a little more explosive. I wish he would keep his thumbs tucked though.

He reminds me of the guy who wrote our 'pho,' but I can't swear to it...and with all the name changing...whenever I watch this vid I half expect a golf ball to come flying in. Too much Monty Python I guess.

I think we also discussed this vid before, someplace, in this cavernous forum Cod has made.
            "Arhat, I am your father..."
            -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Originally posted by arhat

I think we also discussed this vid before, someplace, in this cavernous forum Cod has made.
              Hmmm, Dark Lord Cod. A little respect if you please. Especially to dear old daddy.

russbo.com

Comment

Arhat-

The one who wrote your Fo character in the Temple is Shi Dechao, isn't it? (if that's his name) The other big bald guy with an awesome beard. lol

Comment

Hi to all of you.
                  ¿Does anybody knows if the monk in the video is an expert in qi gong too? I mean, when someone breaks an stick on his arm, for example.

Comment

That's another possibility, LFJ. I have a difficult time remembering and these two guys look alike. Plus Yong Xin made a few people come under him sonames are changed.

Sorry Dad. I shall pay penance with 50 strikes to the iron head pillows when next we meet.
                    "Arhat, I am your father..."
                    -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

No son.

You shall provide iron head pillows for me, the next time we meet. Firm ones. You know I have to keep the shine "conditioned".

russbo.com

Comment

qi gong

Originally posted by Idoia
                        Hi to all of you.
                        ¿Does anybody knows if the monk in the video is an expert in qi gong too? I mean, when someone breaks an stick on his arm, for example.
                        I don't know man, all the hard qi gong stuff I've seen so far was just guys who conditioned their bodies. like spears on the throat.. thats just a trick. perhaps the qi gong movements can help you concentrate on a part of your body..

Comment

Originally posted by doc
                          Hard to tell from the video, but he looks like Shi Ming Wu. I know him; he's close with Deyang. He's more of a monk than most that pretend to be, if this is him. What's interesting about this video, is that he's doing Shao Hong Chuan in the traditional fashion, and as I remember, it's exactly how Decheng teaches it. Look at the hands...
                          I've seen this guy in another video showing Qixingquan. Interestingly enough, as I remember it is also exactly the way Decheng teaches it.

Also, I know this guy, Shi Yongzhi, is not the same as Shi Dechao- the guy featured in the Myths and Logic documentary on Shaolin, with an awesome beard, and who if I remember, wrote the Fo character in the back of USAST.

But also interestly enough, I've seen pictures of a man called Shi Mingwu who was exactly Shi Dechao. Mingwu sounds like a different lineage name than Shaolin. Maybe that's why. Similar to Guolin, aka Yansi. But these two (Mingwu and Dechao) seem to be the same person, while Shi Yongzhi is another guy altogether who just likes to sport the awesome beard.

Comment

Working...
                          X