PDA

View Full Version : Shi De Cheng returns? (Merry Monkmas 2006+)

doc
12-07-2006, 10:26 PM
As was previously discussed, Shi De Cheng's return to the US last Christmas was "postponed". It was during that time that we were dealing with US immigration about Xingwei's activities (breaking his contract with us, violating the visa that we had obtained for him). Decheng and his brother applied, through us, last year, and his brother had been denied. Decheng withdrew his application, not wanting to get a denial on his passport.

We're not sure whether or not Xingwei's violation, which we had to report to the US government, had anything to do with Shi De Cheng's brother's denial. He had successfully traveled here before, and he had all the necessary requirements to obtain a US visa again. Whether or not the Russbo Education Corp was "tainted" in the eyes of US immigration, because of Xingwei's violation, I guess we'll never know. We had suspected it was, but we don't know for sure.

In any event, we're trying again. Shi De Cheng has his visa appointment at the US embassy Beijing soon; if he is successful, we will bring him over for a yet undecided period of time.

We'll discuss a Merry Monkmas, later.....

doc
12-12-2006, 06:43 AM
Anyways, I am still considering travelling to meet a good Songshan Shaolin Master, xxxxx, and I thought this might be a great opportunity for meet to meet and train with, if possible with Shi De Cheng. Could you please keep me posted regarding his trip, dates, tuition, etc? I have another kungfu brother of mine hoping also to bring Sonshan Bei Shaolin Wugong to Puerto Rico.

Well, the purpose of Shi De Cheng's visit was primarily a visitation one; we haven't seen each other in about two years, and a get together is long overdue. As for training, depending upon his time constraints, that will probably be limited to him yelling at me for not staying on top of the gong fu over the past three years (I've been ill, but, hell, explaining that to a Chinese monk just doesn't happen, lol). I have no doubt that I'll try to get some other visits in for him, to other parts of the US, as there are others that he may want to visit with. I think it all depends upon exactly how much tiime he was planning on staying here for. In the past, a three month visit was not unheard of; he's a bit busier these days, and I have to return to Thailand in early March. He might make a visit there also.

I'll keep everyone posted about the plans here.

doc
12-14-2006, 10:46 PM
Shi De Cheng Returns

We were successful in obtaining a US visa for Shi De Cheng. He will arrive sometime during the first week of January, and will stay here in the US for about one month.

More details later, concerning training opportunities, and, a possible comeback of the famed and beloved Merry Monkmas....

Stay tuned.

doc
01-03-2007, 06:56 AM
Shi De Cheng will arrive Las Vegas sometime around January 15th.

Most probably, we will be hosting a party for him on January 20th. Please keep that date in mind.

He's staying, for at least two weeks, and possibly more. We're tentatively trying to schedule him for seminars with Shi De Ru in Louisiana, or however you spell that damn state, and with Gene Ching in San Francisco. I'll keep you posted as to what we come up with.

arhat
01-03-2007, 11:40 AM
well isn't that something. as luck would have it I have a gig in Vegas on the 20th.

prepare the iron head bags!

doc
01-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Wow Arhat. Gonna actually make a Merry Monkmas after all of these years?
I shall invite the womens of not so highly respected repute, in your honor.

doc
01-05-2007, 03:02 AM
Starting to look like Jan 27, Saturday, is going to be the day. Keep it in mind. More details to follow, soon...

LeiYunFat
01-05-2007, 10:39 AM
I wish I could make it...

Have fun yall. Just don't go and get arrested again. Those Thai jails were bad, but they didn't have huge 250 lb black cell-mates you'll get in the US prisons.

deepthroat
01-07-2007, 12:17 AM
Hi, Rich,

Today, i called Decheng, and explained to him the situation! he said he knew that! he didn't connect with xingwei always, and he said when xingwei last time came back China , xingwei didn't visit him, although he is his teacher!

Decheng said that he wants to teach some old students in other cities, such as Los angles ....Xingwei invited him before, but he never would like to give lessons in "his school",which is stolen from you! so just take it easy, Decheng said he will never see xingwei and visit his school.This time , he show appreciate for your invitation, and just following your arrangment. you can invite and organize schools or students or your good friends to train, even in your house if you like! because for training Kungfu, place is not so important!

so my friend, just take it easy, Decheng ,your shifu is a wise man, he know how to deal with the situation !

and during staying in European countries, after i tell them your situation, they hated xingwei 's behavier! what a bullshit betray behavier! and during stay in Australia, we met Shiyanming, he always said you are a good guy, make a lot for shaolin culture! so i think most people know that, stand on your side! so **** the bullshit guy!

stay well, keep healthy

doc
01-07-2007, 09:46 PM
Party information can be found in the russbo CNI:

http://www.russbo.com/russbocnimain.htm

Hope you can make it!

arhat
01-07-2007, 10:36 PM
I think deep means "Austria."

Sorry I could not make that trip!

doc
01-09-2007, 12:05 AM
Interesting responses so far. Getting people from South America and Europe who are thinking about coming to the party.

Decheng's "pull" is amazing. Gonna have to not screw up the lasagna this year. And most definitely, not make chocolate pudding...

LeiYunFat
01-09-2007, 12:24 AM
"Doom"? Referring to BL?

Note:
Bl, if you make a "Re:" thread to this I am going to ****ing shoot someone.

doc
01-09-2007, 12:27 AM
Doom is my girlfriend in Thailand. She might be coming over.

Then again, she might not.

doc
01-09-2007, 08:06 PM
Well, there has been some international interest in this party. We have a few people coming from, well, far away. Europe, South America. Puerto Rico. Not to mention many parts of the US.

As is usual with these parties, I have no problem housing a few people on my luxurious floor / bunk bed accomodations for the weekend. I know some people are traveling from far away to see Decheng, so opening up my house to them is the usual behavior. For the days not on the weekend, I'm currently looking into nearby inexpensive hotels.

As I obtain more information, I'll post it here.

Oh, and probably needless to say, there is no smoking or illicit drug use on the premises. But we'll mention it anyway. Also, if anyone has issues with respect to sleeping next to a cuddly 150 pound German Shepherd, start dealing with them now. Decheng did it, you can do it.

I'm working on getting the 20+ person hot tub going. Bring your bathing suits.

See you all soon. Contact me directly if you have any specific problems that you need taken care of.

doc
01-09-2007, 08:23 PM
Should probably explain the "doom" thing. No, it most definitely does not have anything to do with BL. If we were going to give her a nickname, I could think of quite a few things...

Just so you know, in Thailand, people are given nicknames, that tend to be used their entire lives, when they are born. For example, Ouen, kind of pronounced "wu one" means "fat". If your baby is fat, you might call him "Ouen". That name will stick with him for life; referring to a 46 year old guy as "Mr Ouen" is commonplace. They tend not to use their real first or last names. With doctors, they will be referred to as "Dr. (real first name)". Lawyers go by nicknames. (I have a few choice nicknames for that crowd). You might know someone for years, and never know their real legal name. Very warm and fuzzy place.

I know an accountant who is, well, fat. His nickname is Ouen, and people call hiim that, usually with a Mr in front of it. He doesn't mind it, and most certainly doesn't find it offensive. It's his name. I also know this hot little Thai babe, with the tightest sexiest body you can imagine, all draped in long black hair, accompanied by the most perfect smile you ever saw, with a wiggle in her walk that will make you melt. Her name is Ouen also. Go figure.

My Thai girlfriend's real name is not Doom; that would be her nickname. But, I kind of gave it to her. Her parents gave her the nickname "Dtom", which I have trouble pronouncing, for obvious reasons. The Thai alphabet has 44 consonants and 22 vowels; all spoken with five tones. We don't have enough letters in our alphabet to really correspond to their alphabet, and I can't make that "dt" sound. Really don't have a clue.

So I call her "Doom".

Reminds me of my previous relationships.

She's not too fond of it, not because she understands what "doom" really means (she doesn't), but because, all of her friends call her "Doom" now, and not "Dtom". I've started something there.

Oh, FYI, I have a "Thai" nickname there. They call me "Big Boss". It's gotten to the point where people in many different places now, call me that.

The Phuket Provincial Police Department gave it to me. Another story.

Uwe
01-10-2007, 01:07 AM
Doc,

I want be able to make it based on family issues we talked about privately.

Enjoy the time with him.

Uwe

LeiYunFat
01-10-2007, 02:11 AM
http://www.italiansoundtracks.com/images/400/japbigboss.gif

While searching for this image, I also found a belt buckle you might like:

http://www.icedoutgear.com/media/BB123.jpg
http://www.icedoutgear.com/BB123.php

doc
01-10-2007, 04:43 AM
They have pimp cups.

Thanks man. Been looking for those...

LeiYunFat
01-10-2007, 08:10 AM
No problem, it's not a party without gaudy novelty shit everywhere.

doc
01-13-2007, 09:03 PM
Just wanted to keep you all abreast of Shi De Cheng's "schedule". I'm kind of creating this as we go, in an effort to get him out to see various people. The problem is, he initially scheduled only two weeks here, and I didn't know until a few days ago what his exact arrival date was. I'm trying to juggle his time here, with everyone's demands to see him. I'm doing the best I can to make everyone happy. The following is what I put together so far.

doc
01-13-2007, 09:07 PM
Decheng will be flying to the Boston area for the Jan 19 - 21 weekend, to visit some friends up there. He will be teaching a seminar on Jan 20. Details are attached.

I should have him back in Las Vegas by Jan 23, as there are international friends coming here, to my house, to spend time with him.

doc
01-13-2007, 09:12 PM
Decheng will be flying down to Alabama to visit with Shi De Ru, sometime around Jan 31 or so, to teach seminars on the weekend of Feb 2 -4, with Deru.

I will post updated information as I get it.

doc
01-15-2007, 09:02 PM
Change in plans.

Shi De Ru is expected to come here to Las Vegas, possibly with others, to spend time with us, for about a week or so. He'll be a guest at my house for that time.

He and Decheng will then go to Alabama / New Orleans together for the Feb 1 weekend, for seminars and other things. I'll post information about that once I get it.

I am not sure how long Decheng will stay in America after that, as Chinese New Year is coming up.

Oh, a warm welcome to Sarah, who is making the journey to visit, from Paris France, and, to, um, not sure of his russbo stage name, from Puerto Rico, who is also traveling to visit with us for the party. We shall do our best to play the warm hospitable host part.

shimanqi
01-15-2007, 09:10 PM
It's me, ShiManQi, Doc!
See ya all in Vegas!
from "La Isla del Encanto", Puerto Rico.

-G

shimanqi
01-15-2007, 09:12 PM
here's a nice article regarding PR:
http://edition.cnn.com/2007/TRAVEL/ADVISOR/01/15/no.passport.ap/index.html

onesp1ng
01-16-2007, 08:59 AM
We shall do our best to play the warm hospitable host part.

somthing tells me this will somehow include prayer and church...

doc
01-16-2007, 09:16 AM
We don't talk about those things.

Remember. What happens with doc, stays with doc.

doc
01-17-2007, 10:22 AM
Well, I know this is going to break a lot of people's hearts, but, there won't be any genuine Thai food at the party.

My Thai girlfriend was not successful in getting her visa. Three times, all denied. My luck with US embassy's has not been the best lately.

I'll make extra lasagna. I know that's why everyone's coming anyway...

doc
01-19-2007, 04:17 AM
Shi De Cheng and I will be in the San Jose / San Francisco area on the Fri - Sun weekend of Feb 10. Gene Ching is setting up a seminar for the afternoon of Saturday Feb 10, I believe, from 1PM to 3PM. I will have more details soon.

Decheng will be heading back home to China for the New Year soon thereafter; there will be no more trips or seminars after that. I'll be heading back to Thailand to get the school there reopened.

doc
01-19-2007, 10:07 PM
Information on the Shi De Cheng seminar in the San Francisco area attached.

doc
01-19-2007, 10:13 PM
Here is information on the combined Shi De Cheng / Shi De Ru seminar to be held in Mobile Alabama during the weekend of Feb 3 and 4th.

shimanqi
01-21-2007, 01:09 AM
Any details on Las Vegas seminars? :)

doc
01-21-2007, 01:40 AM
Nothing official has been, or will be, set up.

Just private, individualized instruction for those that come for the weekend.

daodejing
01-22-2007, 05:44 AM
Whats the exact date doc?

tetsumaru
01-22-2007, 06:55 AM
I wish I could make it out there. I'm sure we all appreciate you opening your home to us, I know I do. Maybe if the magic green qi flows my direction i can make it out there. Even to see De Ru and De Cheng would be great to be a part of...ill give you a shout if do.

doc
01-22-2007, 07:15 AM
Whats the exact date doc?
http://www.russbo.org/vb/showpost.php?p=29182&postcount=10

Come on down. Would be great to see you and the big Tets. Got housing and food, just get here and train with Decheng.

LeiYunFat
01-24-2007, 08:20 AM
Just promise me you'll keep doing this every year so I can let my hopes die a little more each time.

hvillarruel
01-24-2007, 08:06 PM
Hi Doc. I am doing my best to be there and know great Master Shi De Cheng and you of course.

I just hosted an international event here in Mexico, so i am a little burned in expenses. I will see if i can make it to some Seminar.

Have fun there and practice hard.

:)

shimanqi
01-25-2007, 06:46 PM
I'm already on my way. See ya all there!!!

doc
01-25-2007, 06:51 PM
Safe trip. I'll get you at the airport. Look for the big bald guy with the reverse racoon eyes.

tetsumaru
01-27-2007, 08:50 PM
Hope all of you are having a good time. Be sure to take pictures for those of us who couldn't make it.

doc
01-28-2007, 01:25 AM
We already have pictures of one of the famous doc breakfasts.

I taught Decheng how to eat the famed "tiger" breakfast.

Frosted Flakes in milk.

He loves it.

LeiYunFat
01-30-2007, 09:12 AM
Wooo Partyyy

shimanqi
02-01-2007, 06:28 PM
where can I post it, Doc?

shimanqi
02-01-2007, 06:36 PM
Here it is!: http://www.russbo.org/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=4143&cat=549

doc
02-07-2007, 02:03 AM
A final discourse on the Merry Monkmas annual event can be found here, in the russbo CNI (http://www.russbo.com/artman2/publish/United_States_17/Merry_Monkmas_over_and_a_new_Shaolin_tradition_eru pts.shtml)

onesp1ng
02-07-2007, 03:47 AM
looks like it was a good time doc... or should i say, grrrrrrrr eeeeaaaat!!

shimanqi
02-07-2007, 04:12 AM
In did we really had a GREAT TIME!!!!
I was able to attend all the way from Puerto Rico. I was received at the airport by Doc himself, and Sarah, who'd arrived from France. After dinning and doing some Monkmas supply shopping, we returned to the airport to pick up Shi De Cheng. It was a major honor for me to meet such a Master!
The next day, early training both morning and afternoon, in shaolin basics and taijiquan. Saturday, the big day, we also trained morning and afternoon, and then started to get ready for the big event. It was a very nice getogether, and watching both Doc and Paul in the kitchen, performing was a trip by itself!
The food was great, the host was marvelous, the company was excellent.
I really want to thank Doc, for such a great time, and for all of his attentions. Also, Master Shi De Cheng, for allowing me to train with him. I will NEVER forget the experience, and I do hope to meet him soon, hopefully in PR! Also Paul for the amazing food, Mickey for not farting, Ralph for UBUNTU, and the rest of the gang who really made me feel like part of the Doc Family.
I'm also proud to say that I help to teach Master De Cheng "tiger breakfast" and "cheesecake and coffee".
Here you can take a look at the pictures I took: http://zkipr.spaces.live.com/?_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaHandler=TWljcm9zb2Z0LlNwYWNlcy 5XZWIuUGFydHMuUGhvdG9BbGJ1bS5GdWxsTW9kZUNvbnRyb2xs ZXI%24&_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaFolderID=cns!704EEF0F23C02486!1 202&_c11_PhotoAlbum_startingImageIndex=11&_c11_PhotoAlbum_commentsExpand=0&_c11_PhotoAlbum_addCommentExpand=0&_c11_PhotoAlbum_addCommentFocus=0&_c=PhotoAlbum

-Manchi

doc
02-07-2007, 09:42 AM
Oh, if you don't know what Ubunto is, um, well, shimanqi can tell you that story.

Here's how I feel about it. One of my finer moments.

doc
02-07-2007, 10:10 AM
Just so that you all know, BL liked the pictures.

I am soo impressed Doc!
I just had a look at shimanqis photos of one of the Decheng seminar days and it looks like a reeeally gentle approach to some really nice developement and a really nice day to 've been a part of.

This is the kind of training that is alwaays so nice to see with 'noobs' and goes such a long subliminal programing way that I really have say well done.
;) :D.

Nice Richard.

Amitabah.

P.s. their jings and various tensions ... Sweet. :) lol :).l-).

BtL.

Noobs. Nice jings and tensions. Next year, we won't have a Merry Monkmas.

We'll have the "Naughty Noobmas" event. Full of jings and tension.

It should be fun.

shimanqi
02-07-2007, 01:16 PM
You want Ralph's version or our version of Ubuntu?

sarah
02-07-2007, 02:49 PM
Sorry this thank you is comimg in late Doc, but as you know the journey back to France took two days and i arrived not only to the obvious jet lag but sick children, a broken boiler and more.
God i had a good time! Even washing floors and peeling 24lbs of potatoes. Such an extraordinary mixture of people, your hostpitality is remarkable. The contrast of the Doc /DeCheng lifestyle is something to be behold. If the word gets out you might get a host of Europeans next year!
Thanks to, Paul for being a kitchen slave for a day. ( I've emailed the big piano scene from "Big" to Doc so DeCheng can keep up the piano practice.), to shimanqi for the photos and the training. ( I have broken my toe but not so as you'd notice.) to JingJing for translation, and to everyone else for being there, it was great to meet you, train with you.
I hope we get to do it all again sometime, somewhere.
I only got back into training today in the park IN THE SNOW! i stood there watching the snow clouds start to obscure the mountains and thought did i dream all that.

shimanqi
02-10-2007, 03:38 AM
For all of you wondering what UBUNTU is, it is avery special software that Ralph tries to push you into testing in your PC. He says it is an "African Version of Lynux"...any thoughts? I didn't even try it, but I gave it to a friend of mine and I haven't heard of him since....
Doc's thoughts on UBUNTU are clearly expressed in his previous post...
actually, Ubuntu is translated in african dialect as "one's native african male boyfriend". isn't that right doc?
thisis wehat I found in wikipedia:
"Ubuntu
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ubuntu may refer to:

Ubuntu (ideology), a humanist ideology from Sub-Saharan Africa
Ubuntu (Linux distribution), a computer operating system "
-there are definitely missing entries here...

I compare it to "CHUMBAS"...which is nastier!

doc
02-10-2007, 07:19 AM
actually, Ubuntu is translated in african dialect as "one's native african male boyfriend". isn't that right doc?

How the hell should I know about native african male boyfriends.

Let's talk about chumbas. Yes, time to talk about chumbas.

Firbolg
02-10-2007, 09:50 AM
ubuntu is pretty good by all accounts, I know a few people who use and swear by it. I use another flavour of linux (there are many) on my desktop and laptop and am quite happy to not be stuck with msft windows anymore. Linux in general is becoming quite usable on the desktop these days and its free which is a bonus! You can even run many windows apps on linux by using wine (http://www.winehq.com/) or crossover (http://www.codeweavers.com/).

doc
02-10-2007, 08:05 PM
You can't play games well with it.

Enough said. You know, there are IMPORTANT things in life.

Now, back to the chumbas. Whatever the hell they are.

onesp1ng
02-10-2007, 11:42 PM
i must have missed something.. is that an island term or something..?

heeeaaaaay brah!!!,

choppy,
like a chubby-checker

see you been
testen those waters

but then paddle...
well, faaaaar out!!!

you drop in,
and flip the script
on the real

he carves off the lip,
hangin ten
with that betty

well, hang ten, then
brotha man...

haaaaaang ten

let me catch ya poppin cleeeeeeeeeeeeean,
out the barrel...

in a word,
respect...

to my chumbas... hahaha@!!!:hmmm: what????/

doc
02-11-2007, 12:22 AM
You're not Puerto Rican man.

You're not worthy of knowing.

shimanqi
02-12-2007, 02:45 PM
ok...here is the deal regarding "Chumbas":
Chumbas is a term we use to describe a flat-assed girl. if you see a girl sideways, and her back continues on a vertical line right down to her knees, she is a Chumba.
On the contrary, there is are girls who have the "Pop-out factor". Very typical in latin women...Here in PR, most girls are NOT Chumbas!

shimanqi
02-12-2007, 02:47 PM
ok...here is the deal regarding "Chumbas":
Chumbas is a term we use to describe a flat-assed girl. if you see a girl sideways, and her back continues on a vertical line right down to her knees, she is a Chumba.
On the contrary, most puerto rican girls have the "Pop-out factor". Very typical in latin women...Here in PR, most girls are NOT Chumbas!

onesp1ng
02-12-2007, 07:49 PM
then my poem needs a face lift...now doesn't it? that's just great!! really great!!! :disappoi:

shimanqi
02-12-2007, 07:57 PM
Definitely, mon! Anyway, you can write a new poem, regarding Chumbas. Somethin' like:

Oh Chumbas,
How not good your rearend is...
Chumbas OUT!!!
:thumbdwn: