Clear All

• Shi de Jun

Hi. Do you know Shi de Jun?

He made a series of instructional DVDs.

Is he any good?

Hector Villarruel
    Guadalajara, Jalisco
    Mexico

i saw a couple of previews on youtube of videos i think were taught by dejun. he's good but the forms seem very untypical shaolin, or at least from a rare lineage in shaolin. but there is an older monk by the same name who teaches very traditional common shaolin forms. but he's more difficult to find.

Comment

Thanks!

But couldn't you confusing Shi De Jun with Shi De Jian?. Shi De Jian works with XingYiBa ( i think).

Hector Villarruel
      Guadalajara, Jalisco
      Mexico

Comment

We could be talking about apples or oranges unless you can provide the chinese character that "Jun" represents. Jian is a completely different sound / word in Chinese. Mandarin is tonal and many characters are the same sound and tone, so you need to know the character to accurately identify a person. Further, most of the warriors pronounce their names in Henan dialect, so if you just phonetically sound them it could be a Jun in Henan dialect and something quite different (sounding and phonetically transribed) in mandarin.

Chicken

Comment

Hi Chiken, you are probably right, but i just want to know if this monk is good at doing dvd. I want to buy one, or more.

Here is the link:

Hector Villarruel
          Guadalajara, Jalisco
          Mexico

Comment

shi4de2jun1:

釋德君 (traditional)
            释德君 (simplified)
            ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Working...
            X