Shi Su Yuan and Shi Su Xi on video!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shi Su Yuan and Shi Su Xi on video!!!

Well, it is from www.shideyang.com from Italy.

Download the video and burn it to a CD. It has Maestro Shi Su Yuan doing kungfu and Maestro Shi Su Xi giving a kungfu lesson.

By the way....Shi De Cheng at USA!!!. May I go Doc?.

Thanks for making this possible Doc.

Hector Villarruel
    Guadalajara, Jalisco
    Mexico

Very good video. Some things should be noticed about it.

1. It clearly demonstrates evidence of Su Xi's Parkinsons' disease, which I've mentioned before, and which has been whitewashed by the temple.

2. The footage of Su Yuan demonstrates something that Wan Heng told me back in 97; the traditional gong fu was performed in a more upright manner.

3. Su Yuan lived in the same room in 95, that I had met him in in 97. He was living with Decheng in that room. To give you an idea as to how small it was, the photographer must have been standing on top of Decheng's bed to shoot that image of Su Yuan waking up.

You're more than welcome to come join in the festivities H. My doors are always open to good, honorable people.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Thank you Doc. I really want to go and i'll do my best to be there.

Also, note how Maestro Shi Su Xi corrects the mabu stance of Maestro Shi De Yang of not doing it to wide.

And the palm hit to the front it is not fully extended. Like Maestro Shi De Yang and Maestro Shi De Cheng do it every time in the correct way. But we youngers tend to extend more.

I think that sometimes because we are young, we open the postures a little more in a more artistic way. My SiFu Zanotti, always correct me that too.

And because of the wideness we hurt our knees. Like i have mine with pain every time. Maybe I am not that young anymore.
      Hector Villarruel
      Guadalajara, Jalisco
      Mexico

Comment

Good find, very interesting!

Comment

The modern wushu way of doing these forms is to extend fully. Traditional forms don't have you extend your elbows.

Good find. I should put it on the server to save it for the gang here. These things tend to disappear with time.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

What a lovely film.

I've suspected for a long time that Shaolin without the hoards of tourists is a different place, and I think this proves it.

Comment

Originally posted by hvillarruel
              Also, note how Maestro Shi Su Xi corrects the mabu stance of Maestro Shi De Yang of not doing it to wide.
              i was taught a formula regarding ma bu width and I’m wondering if anyone else was...

• Start feet together.
              • Turn left foot at heel so as to form a 90 degree angle between your two insteps. left toes are facing left and right toes face forward.
              • Pivot the left foot on the big toe 180 degrees so as to leave the space your left foot just occupied empty but maintain the 90 degree angle between your feet. left toes are facing right and of course heel faces left.
              • Rotate your left foot on the heel so as to bring both feet parallel with toes facing forward.
              the perfect way to get your individual width. has anyone else heard this?

There are only 10 types of people in this world.
              Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

the twist the feet out twice (or whatever it is) is a common maneuver in the Japanese martial arts.

russbo.com

Comment

Hey - many thanks for posting this!
                  I was looking for something like this for some time...I thought perhaps my local china town (manchester) might stock a few shaolin/kung fu VCD's (amongst the slightly dubious teenage schoolgirl vids???).
                  Had a bit of time off from training due to foot injury and sinous/chest infections...some of the politics surrounding shaolin and indeed kung fu/MA in general had put me off somewhat. This de yang fella (and a few others) remind why I wanted to at least touch upon some of their skills. Cheers.

btw - the mabu stance - is this also referred to as Horse stance? I struggle to get the really low stance nailed...any excuse to pull it up a bit is fine by me!!

Regards.

Comment

"This will revive him"

"He will regain consciousness?"

That's my favorite part. Reminds me of a Chinese Language for Martial Artists tape I got once. Halfway through, right after some conversational phrase like, My it is very nice outside, the Chinese language guy goes, "Don't worry. It is just a broken leg."

Also, now I know why they all eat so damn fast. At dinner once, MDY basically chewed through a plate of crabs, shells and all, like a sawz-all.

Awesome footage.
                    "Arhat, I am your father..."
                    -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

The other thing I forgot to mention, was that in this video, something is said about Su Xi having traditional gong fu documents from the pre 1928 fires.

Just thought you'd want to know, that Deyang now has those, and is in the process of making a book out of them.

russbo.com

Comment

^^ Will that book eventually be made public? Be great to see.
                        ...and this is the documentary made by the BBC? Someone over on Gene's site mentioned he had a copy of a BBC documentary pretty much focused on De Yang.
                        Any idea how this can be copied to disk? Can't work out this google player 'business'...I'd like to store it on CD and pass it on.
                        Cheers.

Comment

On the right side of the google vid is a download button which gives you an avi file to save.. it was the only way I could view it since my browser kept freezing when trying to view the flash version.

Comment

Cheers Fir - I didn't realise you could save it as an AVI.
                            Thanks.

EDIT...ah yes - suggests d/loading for iPod/PSP but is an mp4 file (100mb) - that's the ticket!

Comment

maybe DeMasco can have it translated for us.
                              "Arhat, I am your father..."
                              -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Working...
                              X