• Shi De Li

Has anyone heard of this monk?

Shi De Li

It says he is the current martial abbot of the Shaolin Temple
    but I have never heard of him.

Maybe he is.

This week.

LOL...
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

So I take it you mean its bullshit.

Here is what he looks like anyway.

Comment

No, you should take it more along the lines of "there's limited stability" over there.

One of Decheng's friends (a temple monk) just left; apparently life with Yongxin is not the most beloved parts of Shaolin
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

thats interesting, the link you posted with his picture- at least as far as i could see- all over it refered to him as the abbot of shaolin temple. it didnt mention being a martial abbot at all.

furthermore, i was under the impression shi yanlu was the martial abbot, or at least head coach of the monks and the schools associated with the temple. he acts as the main guy when yongxin is not around.

one of us is misinformed or outdated. this topic has been three weeks old now.

i dont remember how many times now i've heard shi so-and-so is the current martial abbot or head instructor of the monks. i dont really care anymore... lol

Comment

Yes, I have heard of this monk and spent some time with him and the touring troup he was with a few years ago that came through Houston. He is regarded as one of the martial abbots but not the only one. The wikipedia may have exaggerated the write up regarding his position but he is a very knowledgable monk. As a matter of fact he had some interesting things to say about modern shaolin.
            http://americanshaolinkungfu.org/3.html

Comment

Working...
            X