Predictions of Shaolin Future.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predictions of Shaolin Future.

Hi!! I'm new here so hopefully I'll make this subject interesting. What are your predictions of what The Shaolin Temple will be like in the coming years. Capitalism is coming into China so what do you think capitalism will change about The Shaolin Temple. And do you think the new Abbot will be able to bring back the traditional style of Shaolin.

I don't think the current Abbot as any intention of bringing back the traditionnal Shaolin way; neither do the government of China...
    Unfortunately the end of an era has already happened

Comment

It is natures way for the many to choose the easy way and neglect the True meaning,

That is why Shaolin Spirit and Shaolin Tradition will never perish since they can be "accesed" by the pure Intent of practitioners who don't abide to blind following and seek Truth in all.

Shaolin Temple is not the building neither the uniforms it is the reason of creating it.Only those afraid of comparison with reality may ignore this fact.

Illusions always disapear in the end

Comment

I think that the point was that the illusion has already disappeared

Comment

Capitalism Info

I would more likely want to know what Capitalism would change about the Temple. Wouldn't it give more control to the Shaolin? I've also heard Doc saying that the Abbot was trying to bring the level of Traditional Training higher, I think this is good but what could the Shi Yong Xin do to achieve this?

Comment

Well, I think Yongxin was trying to do that in response to all the shit that was going on internet wise about his moves to the contrary. If you look at the past ten years, his actions seem reflect what is discussed on various websites, this one included. Whether he really cares or not is up for discussion. As I've heard, and as I've seen, improving the temple has been one of his driving forces. As I've heard, making money seems to be paramount.

He's a tough guy to read. It's actually been kind of fun watching him "evolve" over the years. I wouldn't expect great things to come from the temple however; the trends are obvious, and they have been well documented in this website over the years.
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
            russbo.com

Comment

Here's the rundown from an MMO perspective.

Yongxin begins to cast "sellout" on Shaolin.
              Yongxin's sellout deals 500 damage to shaolin's integrity per second over several years.

Curious foreigner casts "expose" on yongxin.
              Curious foreigner's "expose" damages Yongxin's reputation for 750 damage per second over a period of 5 years.

Yongxin begins to cast "China-style scam where they try to depict it like its not and hope it all goes away"
              Yongxin additionally casts "colorful ethnic underwear" upon unsuspecting curious foreigner's person and wallet.
              Yongxin's "China-style scam ..." rots newly curious foreigner's intellect by 500 per second for every second they spend believing a damn word the guy says.
              Yongxin's "colorful ethnic underwear" Drains curious foreigner's integrity and self respect for unforgivable amounts...for who knows how long.

Doc casts "Russbo" on Yongxin.

Yongxin suffers irreperable reputational damage from Doc's "Russbo".

Xingwei casts "punk ass chump" on Doc.

Doc's patience is affected by Xingwei's "punk-ass chump"

Vicious cycle continues.

In a nutshell: They take this thing and do the PRC thing to it. People start to find out about this and it makes the Chinese look bad. The Chinese decide "hey lets just pretend it was actually the opposite way around and hope that others will just swallow it.

In the end?

people swallow it.

why?

Because they'ye too busy being fascinated by little (yet very modern) Chinese men in orange robes with shaved heads and beads (and, possibly, colorful underwear).

I remember a really good story posted on here by this dude from Brooklyn that had gone there and trained only to flee the place and its nonsense. Perhaps some of the older Russbo guys will remember it and link it here. it was a really good example of this whole thing.

I think that minus the niceness, what Doc is trying to say is this:

Yongxin is a sucker of satan's cock who will take it up whatever orifice the PRC wants him to. He has utterly annihilated Shaolin's good name and is now in the (rather successful) process of diverting people's attention or altogether making them forget it has happened.

Comment

Shaolin Decision

Is there any way that The Shaolin Temple could break away from the Chinese Government control? Is there anything we could do to help this matter?

Comment

As long as there is money to be made at shaolin or with the shaolin name, rest assured the chinese government will never let it go...
                  The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

ANGRY!!!

I really don't like Communism!!!

Comment

its a shame that all one can do is just sit back and watch the sell out of an art as well as a way of life to the souless f*ckers known as "the man"

Comment

Forum User Dogchow108,

I think that the point was that the illusion has already disappeared
                        As you know awareness is never enough for the composition of what we call choise

It is the will of people for illussions to exist since that is the easy way

Comment

Like the illusion of choice

Comment

Time for the Monks!

I predict the Shaolin Monks won't stand it longer. They'll stand up to the Communists and take back the Temple. This is just my opinion, but I'm sure others would say that the Chinese Communism is too strong. I just hope something good happens inthe future.

Comment

So your predicting kung fu, swords and spears vs. guns, tanks and airplanes and the monks will win???

This is china not like you can just rise up and decide to take something back form the government. They tend to frown on things like that. I imagine if they ever tried to oust the government officials and return to being a purly buddhist temple they would all be arrested and new monks would be put in their place that obeyed..

All of this is moot though. Its much more likely that continued explotation and scandal will erode the name of shaolin until it stands with the rest of the mcdojos out there...
                              The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

Working...
                              X