Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRUE CMA history website - new!

Hi;

Please link to my Chinese Martial Art history website, frigging Google won't list the pages until other site link to them!

I have posted many long articles about the history of Shaolin martial arts, history of Chinese martial arts from pre-history to 1900s, history of various styles such as Moslem chinese, Beggar's style, hakka style, True history of Southern Chinese martial arts from 1000 ad to 1800s, and much more. Copies of all my articles that have been printed in magazines are there.

PLEASE if you see any factual errors let me know so I can correct it!

AND< if you have your own history article you want me to host for you on the site, please let me know, thanks!!!!!

I will add your links to me site in exchange for you doing the same, thanks!

Sal Canzonieri

Well, the inherent problem in trying to get high google rankings, is that, google has been ranking for over eight years, and the high ranks are "taken". With over eighty thousand web sites and pages devoted to "Shaolin", it's not going to be easy.

In the past, I've added software to this forum, that, on a nightly basis, googles the entire forum, packages it up, and submits it to the google and yahoo servers, in a format that they understand. In effect, my server does the work for google, and gets it to them. Not many forums do this; also, not many forums are searched adequately by google or yahoo, or some of the other search engines. Placing your links in other forums might get the word out, but won't increase your ranking that much, if at all.

What you write here can be found via google and yahoo. However, I don't think that google or yahoo use links that are in this forum that well for ranking. The links that are posted in this forum probably won't be helpful either.

I have another option, for those of you who desire to do this. More details soon.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

I understand all that, but the New google rules are that you need people linking to your site OR they will not bother even indexing the pages.

So, unless you have people linking to you (or you BUY GOOGLE ADS! the jerks) there is no way for people to find your pages in a search.

Barely any of my pages on this 6 month old site are able to be found in a google search, even if I grab a unique phrase from one of the pages, it doesn't come up.

Google said that only RELEVANT sites that people like to will be indexed in their new algorythm system. So no links to my site, no pages indexed in google.

This sucks, esp. cause many people noticed that now all the google ads sites suddenly are ranking at the top and many previously high ranking site are gone and these businesses are losing a lot of money now.

ANYWAYS< I just want to be indexed! If someone is looking for info on specific martial arts, like I have on my site, then the ranking isn't important cause it would have come up at the top of a search, but if google has not indexed all my pages, I will never be found in any searches, that's what really sucks!!!!
      And this is from their explanation.

Comment

It might help to spell the link to your website correctly. No one is going see your site if the link to it is messed up.
        It's NATURAL.
        http://www.naturalcma.bgtent.com
        I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
        "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
        "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
        "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

Being on a new domain doesn't help.. older domains are given more 'authority' at least by google but over time yours will improve and rise in the ranks.

Being hosted by theplanet (or a reseller at theplanet), at least in that ip block will also result in plenty of people around the world (me, for example - I had to use a proxy) being unable to reach it since they have some weird blacklist thing on that range.. I've seen many complaints on theplanets support forum about that so you may want to look into it even if it only affects a small percentage of your traffic, every little bit helps.

You could try starting a hosted blog on some well established blog network and create relevant links to your main site from there.

Make sure all your page urls are also descriptive.. ie. yourdomain.com/shaolin-drinking-tea.html or whatever. For a specific example..

Instead of..

Do something like this..
          naturalcma.bgtent.com/CMAarticle2-Maximing-Your-Efficiency-and-Effectiveness.htm

Or even this..
          naturalcma.bgtent.com/CMAarticle2/Maximing-Your-Efficiency-and-Effectiveness/

Use mod_rewrite to get nice seo'd urls like that without having to actually change the filenames.

Perhaps also look into google sitemaps to make sure your site is easily crawlable.

Try submitting some of your articles (better if you write some specifically for that purpose that are not posted on your own site) to the big article archives such as articlecity.com and findarticles.com which can result in loads of people posting them on their own sites with links back to the your site. Do the same on forums and maybe in the sports section on digg.com and others like it.

It is also important when aiming for search engine traffic that you update your site every day (or as often as possible) which will gradually improve your ranking.

Fix the <title> tags on your articles to remove the <strong> tags which dont work there.

On each article page on your site maybe add links to 'similar articles' to help circulate traffic through your site - make content more easy to find for your visitors and search engine bots.

Above all.. be patient and keep an eye on your server logs for googlebot - once you see it there it's only a matter of time.

Comment

Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
            russbo.com

Comment

Thanks for the helpful comments!
              I really appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
              X