The best school i know in china

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best school i know in china

My friends and I have tried a few schools in China including Siping Shaolin (www.shaolins.com), Kunyu Shan (www.chinashaolins.com), and a few unknown 1s around the shaolin temple, but by far and the best school I know, which Im currently at is www.yantaikungfu.com. The school facilties and environment are the best I've seen, but more importantly the training is excellent and traditional. They teach traditional, yes traditional shaolin - not the wushu stuff taught at others, as well as praying mantis, xing yi, bagua, and even traditional tai chi - not the stuff u see being practised by the chnese in the parks (which is just for health).

So - if ur interested check out the website.

All the best

Nagster

PS Im only writing this message because I know what a rip-off the other schools can be.

This is not the same Yantai school as this one?

Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

No, it's not the same 1 as Yantai Shaolin. It's a new 1 - recently opened. Having experienced both this school and Yantai Shaolin, I'd say YantaiKungfu is much better.

If Im honest, I left Yantai Shaolin (aka Kunyu Shan, ChinaShaolins), with a bad taste in my mouth. The guy who runs it has got a seriously bad attitutde. To call him a money grabbing liar would be a serious understatement. Although a lot of the teaching was good, the food was terrible and there was a lot of lies about what the school tuaght.

I've also found that the training and kung fu taught at Yantai Kungfu is more traditional and authentic.

Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by doc
        This is not the same Yantai school as this one?

http://www.russbo.org/vb/showthread.php?t=2022
        Damn doc! Can we remove this post?
        I'm embarrassed that i wrote it

And BTW, my good friends say that this school is indeed good. However, 1) it is expensive and 2) it just opened.
        I also said amazing things about Yantai Kunyu Shan school when it just opened (not without my help). So..
        I suspect that the greed will overcome this school very soon and it will become another Chinese McDojo just like Siping/Yantai.

Wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by shizo
          Damn doc! Can we remove this post?
          I'm embarrassed that i wrote it
          We all make mistakes. Be proud that you're man enough to admit it.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

chinashaolins

I'm currently attending Yantai Kunyu Shaolin and am making a website about the reality of life here. It's still being built but feel free to drop by and look at pictures. http://chinashaolins.googlepages.com/
            I know a handful of people who have abandoned this place in preference for http://www.yantaikungfu.com/index.htm and they all speak very highly of it (I've not been there myself).

Comment

Originally posted by 7eagle14
              I'm currently attending Yantai Kunyu Shaolin and am making a website about the reality of life here. It's still being built but feel free to drop by and look at pictures. http://chinashaolins.googlepages.com/
              I know a handful of people who have abandoned this place in preference for http://www.yantaikungfu.com/index.htm and they all speak very highly of it (I've not been there myself).
              Awesome website! It brings so many memories
              In short - yes, it is all about the money, but you don't know how good you have it with Su. And he knows about this site, so it was a bad idea posting it over here. Hi Su! You're a greedy lying bastard by the way!

Frankly i'm amazed at how well Su developed the school. You might think that he doesn't put enough money into it, but >I< know how painful it is for him to part even with a little amount of money (try to talk to him about a refund and he'll go ballistic).

The washing machines do dry - spin dry. This is better for the environment AND your clothes. Besides, all machines are like that in China.

You should try the shower room during the winter! Now that's an adventure! Once i forgot my toothpaste on the window sill. The next day it was under a thick layer of ice so i had to use a blunt object to get it out.

Toilets are normal for China.

The weight lifting equipment they actually found somewhere on a dump site. It worked fine while i was there. It seems like they only had to add more duct tape. Ghetto rules!

Man, is the crazy bum lady still there? The one that hangs around the trash pile. She was awesome.. she had the tightest stylez, sometimes wearing car headlights on her hat.

I have a couple questions.
              - How many students were there this summer?
              - Do they still beat their dogs?

Comment

Originally posted by shizo
                ... And he knows about this site, so it was a bad idea posting it over here. Hi Su! You're a greedy lying bastard by the way!

The washing machines do dry - spin dry. This is better for the environment AND your clothes. Besides, all machines are like that in China.

Toilets are normal for China.

The weight lifting equipment they actually found somewhere on a dump site. It worked fine while i was there. It seems like they only had to add more duct tape. Ghetto rules!

Man, is the crazy bum lady still there? The one that hangs around the trash pile. She was awesome.. she had the tightest stylez, sometimes wearing car headlights on her hat.

I have a couple questions.
                - How many students were there this summer?
                - Do they still beat their dogs?
                Su - Actually I hope he does run across the site. Maybe it will inspire him to improve the school. Even better, after I get a few personal stories up there (people have asked me to wait until after they leave) perhaps he'll decide to try some more direct/honest business methods.

Washing & toilets - I don't really have a problem with them because, yes, I (now) know they're the norm for China. However, it would have been less of a shock if I had known beforehand so I just put up pictures and a brief explanation to help others avoid the surprise.

Weights - I have speculated on how they possibly got that bad to begin with. The dump would explain it well.

Bum Lady - Yup, she hangs around but I've never gotten into a conversation with her or anything.

Questions:
                1) students - As of July the school has had to make room for nearly 70 students. The masters have all been moved out into the apartments down the road and many students have been squeezed 3 and 4 people into a room. The reason it's not over 70 is that some (long term) students have gottem so sick of the overcrowding and the lying/manipulation to support it that they've left. These people (some of whom I've kept in contact with) all have stories about trying to get refunds.

2) dogs - There are now 3 (arguably 4) dogs and 2 puppies who live at the school. Yes, students have witnessed the masters and head cook beating them though they are now much less likely to do so in front of the foreigners.

Comment

Originally posted by 7eagle14
                  Su - Actually I hope he does run across the site. Maybe it will inspire him to improve the school. .... perhaps he'll decide to try some more direct/honest business methods.
                  Never. Su will never ever ever change his ways.
                  This is exactly how we thought too 3 years ago when we gave up our last money to Su so he could open the school. The more money you give him, the more greedy he becomes.
                  And now, making $100,000-200,000 a year he'll never become more honest.

Comment

The poor conditions at www.chinashaolins.com is becoming infamous - 3 students in 1 room, bad food etc. and that's why Im no longer studying there!

But I don't think that we should tar all chinese kung fu masters and there schools with the same brush. Su Sifu - the headmaster at www.chinashaolins is notoriously unscrupulous and untrustworthy. The audacity of the guy is rediculous and lies come out of his mouth easier than truths.

But I have 100% confidence in Qu sifu - the headmaster of www.yantaikungfu.com - this guy is not in it for the money, but for the love of kung fu. You can ask any of his students - and gues what, Im 1. All I can say is that the school is great - but thats just my opinion!

In terms of the price - for a year it works out at less than $450 dollars a month - and considering u r guaranteed ur own room, the food/facilities r great and u get free internet. I think it's good value - but again thats just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X