one finger zen - shi li liang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one finger zen - shi li liang

southern shaolin monk shi li liang performs yizhichan (one finger zen).. (after some wuzuquan performance)
    http://www.56.com/u86/v_MTU1MDE2Mjc.html

Kinda look to me like he is gripping that board with his feet. That would make it like 20X easier to stand. If it was just a simple wall he would've fallen over because his weight wasnt distributed evenly. I'm calling bullshit on this one... If I do a handstand against a tree and grip the tunk with my feet i could do a no finger handstand...
    The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

i dont know. i saw those monkey feet too. he should do it with the guys arms held out like they do for the two finger one. but still, you could see their was pressure on his arm and finger. he's done two fingers before.

i read about it on a chinese page.
      http://www.qzwb.com/gb/content/2004-09/10/content_1356036.htm

i dont know if there is anything about him in english. but i dont know why there wouldnt be, since shi haideng was well known as the only monk able to achieve this skill within the past 100 years. (unless of course he cheated)

the chinese page said basically- he just progressed from two finger zen, to one now, by running everyday wearing cotton jackets in the summer to sweat a lot and lose weight in order to progress.

he's 28 now. in 1999 he went to the south shaolin temple and the next year he saw another monk giving instruction on two finger zen, which he secretly listened to and practiced pushups on ten fingers. and slowly went to three fingers on both hands. and then two. (index and middle) at the same time practiced skills like iron sand skill and walking on his hands. and then he finally succeeded.

his right hand middle and index finger are abnormally thick compared to his others. when bowing joining palms, you can see his two fingers on the right hand are shorter than those on the left.

after perfecting this skills he dreams of training another kind of gongfu skill, but keeps it a secret which kind. its too early to tell.

Comment

of corces he was graping the bord with his feet if he didnt he would fall forword and if he was keeping his wait off his finger by pulling himself up with his feet hiss knees would be bent

Comment

YOu can do that without bending your knees. Just use the leg muscles to squeeze not lift. the force would be enough to hold you in place while you rest on your finger. You know it could even be that his finger is doing some of the work but lets be real here its not 100% of his body weight...
          The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

ok so u are saying if if i squeez a bord real hard that my center weaght wont be on my feet any more...... the only way 2 take the waight off his finger would be 2 bend his knees

Comment

Yeah well he is not LIFTING himself up with his legs like I already said. he is gripping the board with his legs. The force of that is enough to prevent him some sliding down. If he were to spread his legs out 1 of 2 things would happen. 1: he would just fall over as he is not even balanced properly for single arm balancing let alone single finger. 2: he falls down and breaks his finger.

The friction between the wood and his legs is increased the more he grips with his legs. to experiment put a book between your hands and squeeze it. notice it goes nowhere. now move your hands apart slowly. the book will slip out before your hands are completely apart. This is the same principle as a vice. Put a piece of wood in a vice grip tighten it and try to pull the wood out horizontally. There is nothing "holding" the piece of wood from the direction your pulling it. The only thing gripping the wood is friction between the wood and the vice grip.

Also, this guy looks like he weighs 100lbs so the force needed to hold himself up is alot less than someone that weights say 195lbs... I'd also wager he has strong legs from all the martiala rts training he already does. If I can find something that substitue for that piece of wood like a tree or something I may just reproduce what he did to prove anyone can do it.

All these amazing qigong feets can be explained away with the most basic of scientific understanding. Its kinda like learning there is no santa claus but it is a painful reality we must all face one day. In that they are similar to magicians. Magicians cant really levitate or cut people in half they jsut know how to make it look like they can..

Comment

1st this is not some amzing qigong feet any 1 can do this with lots of work and this thing is not about balence all his waghit is still on his finger the only way 2 get the whaghit off his finger is 2 lift him self up u cant hold on 2 a tree and take the wheaght off your feet unless u pull your self up here a diff video of someone doing a 1 fingerstand

Comment

this is the vid i remember seeing of hai deng doing yi zhi chan

ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

You can tell all the weight is NOT on his finger by his body position. When acrobats do one-armed handstands they have to lean they body to one side to keep the center of gravity aove the balancing arm. In this video his shoulders are just straight and his body is just straight. It hasnt moved from the 2 armed handstand position. This means he is holding onto something otherwise he would jsut fall over. I used to study hand balancing so I know where i am coming from on this one. If he wasnt holding onto anything and was againt a wall in that position he would simply fall to one side. that in itself proves this is bunk.

Comment

I found this post very interesting and informative. Thank you for sharing your special thoughts with us. My site: How to Begin with iRich Bingo

Comment

Working...
                      X