Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much can you learn in...

Hello everyone,
    I was thinking about trying to plan a training trip to china sometime. My question is: How much can you learn in 3 or 4 weeks? Would it even be benificial if I have no prior kungfu training? I would try to stay longer but I don't think my job would allow that, I think even 3 weeks is pushing it.

Thanks,
    Kunoichi

Just a suggestion

Instead of learning Kung Fu in China for 3 or 4 weeks, see the country as much as you can, and pick up the history.

When you get back try to figure out what you want to learn. Kung Fu covers so much...

Uwe

Comment

Uwe's suggestion is a good one. China is truly a wonderful country to travel around in; I have great (and bad) memories of all my travels all over the country. Even the bad memories are memorable, LOL. Truly a wonderful place. If you want to get some training in, do two weeks, and then get on a couple of planes. Making yourself suffer for four weeks and then running home might leave a bad taste in your mouth for the country.

Remember. you're young. You can always go back to train.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I was actually going to do just that. This training trip probably would'nt happen untill 2009 (much to my dismay). Next year I am getting married and we are planing our honeymoon trip to china and maybe japan. So during that time I will be taking in the sights and experiancing the culture.
        As a side question, How many foreign women have you seen training in china?

Thanks,

kunoichi

Comment

Oh, this has been talked about before....

You'll find a few women training there. In the years of 95 to 2000, they were a rarity. After 2000, in my experience, they were still a rarity. But one thing was very clear to me during all that time that I wandered in and out of there.

Bringing the girlfriend on a training trip to Dengfeng was a mistake.

It's not a "nice" place to stay. If you're the one interested in doing some training, a week or two to get a taste is fine. But if this is a honeymoon, you're probably better off visiting, and then traveling to see all the various wonders of China. (The PhotoGallery has many photos of different areas that you can see. I haven't been everywhere, but I canvassed the country fairly well over the years).

Congrats on the engagement. Wish you well. One of these years I'm gonna have to do that sort of thing.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

doc and marriage, now that's a topic for discussion....
            ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

My sincere congratulations on the engagement.

I would like to wish you all the best for the future.

Uwe

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by onesp1ng
                  doc and marriage, now that's a topic for discussion....
                  Not going to be a lengthy discussion, I can assure you of that.

russbo.com

Comment

kunoichi,

if you have no kung fu experience, i highly recommend that you do some wushu here in the states first, chinese external martial arts are extremely difficult and demand much more form the student than the hardest tae kwon do or karate class you will find, you will train for one day and spend the other three weeks recovering, lol... if you dont have any kung fu experience, you wont learn squat in two weeks besides how to squat, and maybe a form or two.

to go to china to train for 2-4 weeks without any prior experience would be a huge waste of money.

on the other hand, as uwe mentioned, going to china to sightsee and gain appreciation for the country would be nice, and maybe a little training too, just watch out for those 90 year old shaolin monks, i hear they can be pretty tough.
                    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

It’s actually a nice and helpful piece of info. I’m happy that you shared this helpful information with us. Please stay us up to date like this.Thank's for sharing.

Here is My Homepage:how does basketball betting works

Comment

Working...
                      X