Shi Su Xi Commemorative Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shi Su Xi Commemorative Book

Shi De Yang has contacted me, to help him with a project of his. Now, my apologies, but he asked me two months ago. And I've just been too damn busy to sit down and organize it. But, here it is.

The Commemorative SuXi Photo Book.

DeYang wants to author a book dedicated to his master, and Shaolin's one true grandmaster, now deceased. He asked me to help organize it. This is what we need.

1. We're looking for OLD PHOTOS about Suxi, some of the older monks of his generation, and photos of Shaolin Temple that might depict what the temple looked like during his tenure (1940's to 1980's). These photos can be ones that come from personal collections. or from magazines or newspaper articles. Of course. we'll need the original author's information so that work can be properly credited. Personal photos with the original photographer (ie, you), are acceptable.

2. Any information about Suxi's old calligraphy or stone carvings. Now i wasn't aware that Suxi got involved in stone carving, but, apparently, according to DeYang, this was one of his hobbies.

The book is currently being planned at about 100 pages, but, that will be dictated by the amount of information that is received. The book will broach the following topics:

1. A brief introduction to Shaolin Temple, it's recent history (during Suxi's life), and, also some discussion about the First Ancestor Temple and other temple's around Shaolin.

2. Some discussion about Suxi's life and deeds, and his various activities, including teaching, calligraphy, etc.

3. A chapter on Suxi's 80th birthday celebration (Photos of that are also desirable).

4. A listing of the disciples that Suxi has left behind.

On top of photos and relevant articles, DeYang is asking that the community help support this project financially, also. Funds will be needed to produce this book.

I've asked Deyang to ensure that all contributors, financial or otherwise, get credited within the book in some sort of way. I've asked that contributors who donate pictures are properly credited with their photo submission. Financial donors should be identified in a separate and noticeable way. Now, as I am not really part of this project, I cannot guarantee that this will happen. I'm only the middleman here. But, I will do my best to ensure that donors of whatever nature, are properly credited. I've been fairly close with Deyang over the past twelve years, so I don't see any reason why this should be an issue.

Photos can be submitted directly to me, at doc@russbo.com

Please make sure that you identify yourselves in your email, as to how you want to be credited within the book. Financial donors can make donations in the Donor Section of the site. I will wire transfer that money directly to Shi De Yang's bank account.

Any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

photos...

I don't personally have any photos, but I have seen quite a few photos of Su Xi and his patrons on"The Holy Land Of Shaolin" website.

They seem to be amassing a collection of old photos from the pre 1928 burning
    to the beginnings of the "four elders" all the way to the present. So, they might be a good source, if they are cooperative. :-)

cheers
    -L

Comment

Originally posted by doc
      Shi De Yang has contacted me, to help him with a project of his. Now, my apologies, but he asked me two months ago. And I've just been too damn busy to sit down and organize it. But, here it is.

The Commemorative SuXi Photo Book.

DeYang wants to author a book dedicated to his master, and Shaolin's one true grandmaster, now deceased. He asked me to help organize it. This is what we need.

1. We're looking for OLD PHOTOS about Suxi, some of the older monks of his generation, and photos of Shaolin Temple that might depict what the temple looked like during his tenure (1940's to 1980's). These photos can be ones that come from personal collections. or from magazines or newspaper articles. Of course. we'll need the original author's information so that work can be properly credited. Personal photos with the original photographer (ie, you), are acceptable.

2. Any information about Suxi's old calligraphy or stone carvings. Now i wasn't aware that Suxi got involved in stone carving, but, apparently, according to DeYang, this was one of his hobbies.

The book is currently being planned at about 100 pages, but, that will be dictated by the amount of information that is received. The book will broach the following topics:

1. A brief introduction to Shaolin Temple, it's recent history (during Suxi's life), and, also some discussion about the First Ancestor Temple and other temple's around Shaolin.

2. Some discussion about Suxi's life and deeds, and his various activities, including teaching, calligraphy, etc.

3. A chapter on Suxi's 80th birthday celebration (Photos of that are also desirable).

4. A listing of the disciples that Suxi has left behind.

On top of photos and relevant articles, DeYang is asking that the community help support this project financially, also. Funds will be needed to produce this book.

I've asked Deyang to ensure that all contributors, financial or otherwise, get credited within the book in some sort of way. I've asked that contributors who donate pictures are properly credited with their photo submission. Financial donors should be identified in a separate and noticeable way. Now, as I am not really part of this project, I cannot guarantee that this will happen. I'm only the middleman here. But, I will do my best to ensure that donors of whatever nature, are properly credited. I've been fairly close with Deyang over the past twelve years, so I don't see any reason why this should be an issue.

Photos can be submitted directly to me, at doc@russbo.com

Please make sure that you identify yourselves in your email, as to how you want to be credited within the book. Financial donors can make donations in the Donor Section of the site. I will wire transfer that money directly to Shi De Yang's bank account.

Any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.
      Doc contact me if you need old temple photos without the russbo stamp.

Uwe

Comment

Shi Su Xi DVD??

Again, save it.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Hector Villarruel
        Guadalajara, Jalisco
        Mexico

Comment

Working...
        X