Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shi yongzhi slapboxing

found this video of shi yongzhi doing what looks like slap-boxing. lol

he got slapped in his face, and then hit the guy while he was bowing... and never bowed back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeRSepyuQCA

I had to see it a couple of times to notice it but you are right. Anyway it's very unusual to see monks participating in any demonstrations of this sort, I'm glad to see it. thank you for posting this LFJ. he slapped him back to save face i believe, but of course thats me and my negative views on shaolin.

Comment

disrespectful little....
      "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Originally posted by master-lu
        I had to see it a couple of times to notice it but you are right. Anyway it's very unusual to see monks participating in any demonstrations of this sort, I'm glad to see it. thank you for posting this LFJ. he slapped him back to save face i believe, but of course thats me and my negative views on shaolin.
        i've heard from others that shi yongzhi (diao shanduo) is not a monk, but a disciple. whether that makes a difference or not...

and imo, if he lost face it was not just from being slapped, but by not bowing at the beginning, slapping the guy back while he was bowing, and then again not returning the bow at the end... lol, he just rolled his sleeves.

but anyway, shaolin is a buddhist tradition, we arent supposed to have "face" to lose. but confucius was the most influential buddhist teacher in china, as we know.

Comment

if i were shi yongzhi i wouldve slapped the shit out of that chubby gump.
          "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

I erged that "chubby gump" to challenge that monk or disciple for a free fight but with gloves next time he goes there as he plans to. I want him to beat the crap out of him- if he can. Fighting skill is fighting skill- If the monk wins he wins, if the wing chun guy wins he wins- shaolin monks talk to much high and mighty shit so they should deffinetly be challenged like the rest of us. What are they afraid of? Its so easy to ceep your mouth shut- why do they have to brag like that. If you don't want to fight- don't go around saying your the greatest fighter- its so damn simple, just shut the hell up. Im sure if I wrote here that I am the greatest fighter because my skills are superior and I can beat anyone if I want to- almost all of you here on russbo would challenge me. I know i would be fighting every day here in stockholm if i went around talking like that, talking that- "i can heart you if i want to but i don't want to" bullshit.
            You dont want to fight- then keep your mouth shut!

Comment

here is the greatest fighter in the world. lol.

http://www.dailymotion.com/flash/flv...nk&allowZoom=2

Comment

i agree, master-lu.

because i've seen so many people talking about yongzhi's mad power and skill... when he demonstrates forms. everyone was talking about his form videos.

but if he cant apply that then its just performance power and nothing worth talking about if you're a fighter.

even in this clip, wingcheun guy used techniques offensive and defensive. and it worked. yongzhi, didnt really do anything.. 'cept get slapped, after not bowing and then using "c'mon" sign-language as if he's superior. but he got slapped...

oh, and he tried the common step behind the leg knockdown trick that every kid knows at the end.

Comment

slapboxing doesnt prove anything.

Comment

but getting pimp slapped does.

it doesnt matter if "he could have hurt him". he got hit. now why would he let that happen?

you could tell he was salty when he lost face. if he were so good, he wouldnt let that dude put his hand on his face.

Comment

if he were so good, he wouldnt let that dude put his hand on his face.
                      Well I don't know how good either of them is supposed to be but nobody is *that good*. You always risk getting hit when you fight (and this was just a friendly demo), doesn't mean shit in the end.. as long as you are still standing. Look at Schilts - now 3 times k1 champion yet in the finals this year he got kicked in the head.. shit happens but he still won. I'm fairly sure Tyson got punched on the nose once or twice also.. with a bit of luck my grandmother could probably land a slap on either of them.

In reality this was zero reflection on either of their actual fighting abilities or lack thereof. The only embarrassing thing there was the wing chun guy bowing too much and yongzhi not bowing at all - they need to meet half way!

Yongzhi has the killer beard though.

Comment

people talk like he's the real thing. real power. real technical ability. but from this short exchange you can see how he acts and reacts. i mean, he really didnt do anything but get slapped. no defense at all and only swung a couple slaps. and then of course, his fancy display of speed on someone who didnt move or defend. i'd like to see him do something at least.

and as far as not getting hit, thats the name of the game. how's the master going to get slapped on such a simple exchange?

Comment

I agree with LFJ. This guy acted superior- if he really was he would not act like it he would demonstrate it!!! A superior warrior would not have any problems with taking a few hits he would still be humble and demonstrate his skill by getting even in a fair way not by slapping some one wile he's bowing. And that step behind the leg thing... come on Even master Lu could demonstrate cooler stuff than that!

Comment

I dont think anyone has the right to say that their style is superior unless they can prove it in the ring, or in a fight. and even then, expect to get hit.

this so called slap boxing match first of all, wasnt even a slapboxing match. If it were, the monk dude wouldve slapped him first anyway, he didnt follow through, on the other hand, the other guy actually went and slapped the monk which i thought was rude as hell, then he bows like an idiot, p.s. when you are slapboxing you dont bow to the guy you just slapped, you slap him again or duck one of his, another reason why i dont think it was a slapboxing match. anyway, ive been on this shit for like 20 minutes, it doesnt prove anything, and i totally see the monk guy poking dude's eyes out in a real fight.lol

Comment

Originally posted by LFJ
                              people talk like he's the real thing. real power. real technical ability. but from this short exchange you can see how he acts and reacts. i mean, he really didnt do anything but get slapped. no defense at all and only swung a couple slaps. and then of course, his fancy display of speed on someone who didnt move or defend. i'd like to see him do something at least.

and as far as not getting hit, thats the name of the game. how's the master going to get slapped on such a simple exchange?
                              You just want to see a monk do some crazy shit like in the movies.

Comment

Working...
                              X