Shenzhen Martial Arts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shenzhen Martial Arts

Hi, well i'm no longer living in Yangshuo but find myself in Shenzhen for at least a year. I'd been studying Chen Tai Chi in Yangshuo and while there are many teachers i in Shenzhen, only one i know of, Mr Wei, who is in the same lineage as my previous teacher. Infact he is a tai chi brother of Master Fu Neng Bin. Problem is Mr Wei is very expensive...

So i thought i might start studying another internal style while in Shenzhen. rather than go to another tai chi teacher who will rip apart what Master Fu has taught me...

Anyone know of any Xin Yi or Bagua teachers in Shenzhen? Specifically the Nan Shan district?

Also, any one in Shenzhen that maybe is looking for someone to practice Tui Shou with? i dind't mind if you never studied Chen style. If you in Nan Shan drop me a line ok?

thanks
    renato

There are only 10 types of people in this world.
    Those that understand binary and those that don't.

I remember being in Shenzen and talking with a couple of policemen who were big on bagua. Maybe you could ask at a PSB?

Comment

Were you behind bars or in front of them?

Oh, sorry, I couldn't resist.... Brings back memories...
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by doc View Post
        Were you behind bars or in front of them?

Oh, sorry, I couldn't resist.... Brings back memories...
        It was looking touch and go for a few moments, but,
        that's right. I think you were not far from there at the time ...around the time of the end of the initial SARS outbreak. Exactly the week or so Gene was in Henan at the symposium..

So one of main the reasons I couldn't go to that nor the first ( or was that second??) international shaolin kungfu tournment / festival in dengfeng is because I was working in Dong Guan in Guangzhou.
        I 'm sure some of you might remember when I got really sick and had to call the embassy because the school wouldn't give my passport back to me and they told me to just do anything and get it back and leave. So I told them something or other and eventually did, but I couldn't take my belongings with me because it was kind of covert. yeh, so haha thousands of dollars later, quite a few thousands actually, but
        I used most of the last of my pocket cash to take a taxi, a fancy one though, out to the airport. ..the.. wrong airport. 6 hrs away from where I wanted to be and 3 hrs in the almost exact opposite direction of where I'd come from.
        So the lovely men from the PSB and Airport security helped me out. They were surprisingly approachable and they took me to back to the station and let me hang out in the bosses office, which was so big it was everybody's office and night shift kip room, and they chatted to me- mainly about why I was there and about my interests in being there ( hence getting onto kungfu discussion ) , and were really generous with hot water alll night , let me use ther private staff toilets and then they took me to a bus station in the morning and took me to get some food and then waited with me until it came.

they were lovely. couldn't have done anymore for me if they tried. I think I even remember one looking like he was going to offer me money *blush*.
        If I were there I wouldn't not go into a PSB and ask someone for directions or something. It's an option anyway.

Blooming tianshi lotus.
        Last edited by blooming tianshi lotus; 04-15-2008, 10:14 AM.

Comment

those guys are harmless with foreigners as long as you aren't being political.
          ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Working...
          X