Shi Suxi writings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shi Suxi writings

I was searching for information on Shi Suxi and some other goings on around dengfeng, and I came across this.

[quote]
    Dec 14, 2007 - 9:26 AM - by doc Shi De Yang has contacted me, to help him with a project of his. Now, my apologies, but he asked me two months ago. And I've just been too damn busy to sit down and organize it. But, here it is.

The Commemorative SuXi Photo Book.

DeYang wants to author a book dedicated to his master, and Shaolin's one true grandmaster, now deceased. He asked me to help organize it. This is what we need.

1. We're looking for OLD PHOTOS about Suxi, some of the older monks of his generation, and photos of Shaolin Temple that might depict what the temple looked like during his tenure (1940's to 1980's). These photos can be ones that come from personal collections. or from magazines or newspaper articles. Of course. we'll need the original author's information so that work can be properly credited. Personal photos with the original photographer (ie, you), are acceptable.

2. Any information about Suxi's old calligraphy or stone carvings. Now i wasn't aware that Suxi got involved in stone carving, but, apparently, according to DeYang, this was one of his hobbies.

The book is currently being planned at about 100 pages, but, that will be dictated by the amount of information that is received. The book will broach the following topics:

1. A brief introduction to Shaolin Temple, it's recent history (during Suxi's life), and, also some discussion about the First Ancestor Temple and other temple's around Shaolin.

2. Some discussion about Suxi's life and deeds, and his various activities, including teaching, calligraphy, etc.

3. A chapter on Suxi's 80th birthday celebration (Photos of that are also desirable).

4. A listing of the disciples that Suxi has left behind.

On top of photos and relevant articles, DeYang is asking that the community help support this project financially, also. Funds will be needed to produce this book.

I've asked Deyang to ensure that all contributors, financial or otherwise, get credited within the book in some sort of way. I've asked that contributors who donate pictures are properly credited with their photo submission. Financial donors should be identified in a separate and noticeable way. Now, as I am not really part of this project, I cannot guarantee that this will happen. I'm only the middleman here. But, I will do my best to ensure that donors of whatever nature, are properly credited. I've been fairly close with Deyang over the past twelve years, so I don't see any reason why this should be an issue.

Photos can be submitted directly to me, at doc@russbo.com

Please make sure that you identify yourselves in your email, as to how you want to be credited within the book. Financial donors can make donations in the Donor Section of the site. I will wire transfer that money directly to Shi De Yang's bank account.

[end quote]

so, I'm wondering if anyone is aware of any public copies of any calligraphy or books / scrolls or couplets etc that have been written by shi suxi firstly and then any from anyone in a similar role prior?

I also came across this link and thought that it was also worth posting.
    pls feel free to discuss, and many thanks in advance for any and all informations.

Blooming tianshi lotus.
    Last edited by blooming tianshi lotus; 04-21-2008, 09:28 AM.

I also found this

and only $5000 extra. exciting.

Blooming tianshi lotus.

Comment

unfortunately, searching online, and in english will only get you so far. and not very.

Comment

are you two love birds at it again?
        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

i'm replying to the post not the person. you can keep her.

Comment

Originally posted by LFJ View Post
            unfortunately, searching online, and in english will only get you so far. and not very.

'Not to my knowledge" would've sufficed, but I did only mean accounts of 'public ' documents, which is why I said " public " documents ..

If you can't help then that's fine. I've applied to be schooled in private collection shaolin calligraphies anyway, but my question here was only if there had been anything published that any one knew of that I could view.

I beg my pardon, btw. I hadn't realised that I was a possession of yours to give away.
            and your name is?..?

Blooming tianshi lotus.

Comment

if it wasnt too my knowledge i wouldnt have said anything.

i only said you wont be able to find it or read about it if you're searching in english. there's a whole other internet if you can read chinese. which is why i said unfortunately, because you cant.

i said onesp1ng could keep you. that doesnt mean you're a possession of mine to give away. that means you're not mine and i dont want you.

Comment

You dOnt???

just my luck. .

Thank you, though .

I shall try in chinese then. I'm slightly less fresh than I might be at other times, but, slow is better than not at all I suppose.

Does any body know of anything in english?

Blooming tianshi lotus.

Comment

to be fair, as i remember it, she was always doc's hunny first. and, for me, this kind of solidified things......

ok sure, it may be hearsay, but i once heard that "spacefighters," such as the ones seen above, are quite inseperable.

in my opinion, therefore -- preferring not to fight with nature -- doc should keep her....!
                  ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

**** you men. you're only catty G, and making sex of it because it's your speciality field ( if kung fu isn't mine) and it wasn't enough to seduce me into your presence when you asked ( not that you'd be insecure at all as a result of that) and LFJ is just a pain in the ass of an egotist who may or mayn't be paying to help somethng I care about alot ( which I can appreciate from ayone really) and still noone has answered my question. fer chrissakes. I only asked if any one knew of a book I could read, and now you want t make sex and personal ??.. riight on.

ggoooood case against my celibacy you're not presenting between you all. oh, and btw.. youuu claimed to love me waaay before Doc ever did, so.... how does that go again?

asshole.
                    if you're waiting for me to cry publically about it, then let's just get that over with right now.
                    so sob, sniff, and blow.

Blooming tianshi lotus.
                    Last edited by blooming tianshi lotus; 04-22-2008, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by blooming tianshi lotus View Post

ggoooood case against my celibacy you're not presenting between you all. oh, and btw.. youuu claimed to love me waaay before Doc ever did, so.... how does that go again?
                      Blooming tianshi lotus.
                      Yea, how did that go again? I don't seem to remember claiming to love anyone here....

Well, maybe Happeh. But only if she's a girl.
                      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                      russbo.com

Comment

although i don't really recall it either, we do seem to have very different definitions of the word..

but i was responding to LFJ's post, not BL....
                        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Working...
                        X