training in china, advice needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• training in china, advice needed?

so i will be going to china to train for a couple of months, i am a complete amatuer.
    looking for some feedback/ 1st hand experience, these are the ones im interested in:
    (before you ask i have trawled the archives)

1. wing chun in Foshan www.kungfuexperience.co.uk
    2. Hong Xiang Wushu School http://www.fohanquan.com
    3. Kunyu Mountain Shaolin Martial Arts Academy http://www.chinashaolins.com/
    4. http://www.wudanggongfu.com

thanks all!

Because Guanyin, the mistress of the monkey king Sun Wu Kong, was vegetarian i would only take a master if he is vegetarian.

You can find such a monastery in Dali, Yunnan. It is callled WuWei Si 无为寺 and if i understood correctly the abbot is a shaolin master. Training is cheap, around three hundred yuans a week, for training gongfu, veg food and sleep.

The other places you talk about i dont know, sorry.

Peace and love

Comment

you'd only take a master if he was a vegetarian because guanyin was the mistress of sun wukong, a fictional character, in the chinese novel journey to the west.

may i ask why?
      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Well, i think journey to the west has some deep meanings. Since a few day, i am learning how wicked monkeys are, killing little children for sex, going to war with other monkeys, hunting animals. So it is no surprise the wicked monkey king had to become a buddhist monk and vegetarian to stop being bad.

How is it related with gong fu? From my understanding gong fu is about stopping suffering. So i would not trust a master who do not care to step on ant while performing gongfu.

That is why the high gongfu practicionner wukong had to go to India, to meet Jains and their hindu and buddhist brothers. In the Theravada vinaya it is said that to intentionally kill an animal, even an insect, is a fault needing confession.

So i dont trust a gongfu master that does not take care of ants while doing gongfu. To act for peace and non killing and at the same time not to care about killing insects on the way seems unlogical to me. So as to practice wuwei and use the force to take a fish out of the water. Wuwei si in Dali is vegetarian, i really like the place. To do gongfu in the himalaya is just so beautiful.

It might be weird but it has its jain and buddhist and non violent logic. Of course mainly only in India will you find such ascetics. That is why Wu Kong had to perfect his gongfu by going to India and practicing veg ascetism. Ascetism is a beautiful thing and you must see India to know how far it can go. These people i feel are the most religious of the world, centuries dedicated to absolute non violence. I can find a bit of it in some buddhist monks in China, but i am not sure Shaolin is the best place to find ascetism. You need go India to see it on a large scale. Jains only are millions!

Peace and love

Comment

This guy is looking for advice on schools, and you're advising him on vegetables and monkeys?

The inmates are running the asylum.

Fistful (and we won't ask you how you got that name), the general advice when evaluating schools, or anything else for that matter found on the internet, is to be careful. Twelve years ago I made some suggestions, which can be found in the main body of this site; those suggestions still hold.

I know nothing of the schools that you have listed. Just beware: a pretty web site is meaningless. We've seen that many times before. For example, read the thread on the Siping school in the Shaolin Gong Fu schools section.

My apologies for our not being able to be more helpful.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by liutangsanzang View Post
            Well, i think journey to the west has some deep meanings. Since a few day, i am learning how wicked monkeys are, killing little children for sex, going to war with other monkeys, hunting animals. So it is no surprise the wicked monkey king had to become a buddhist monk and vegetarian to stop being bad.

How is it related with gong fu? From my understanding gong fu is about stopping suffering. So i would not trust a master who do not care to step on ant while performing gongfu.

That is why the high gongfu practicionner wukong had to go to India, to meet Jains and their hindu and buddhist brothers. In the Theravada vinaya it is said that to intentionally kill an animal, even an insect, is a fault needing confession.

So i dont trust a gongfu master that does not take care of ants while doing gongfu. To act for peace and non killing and at the same time not to care about killing insects on the way seems unlogical to me. So as to practice wuwei and use the force to take a fish out of the water. Wuwei si in Dali is vegetarian, i really like the place. To do gongfu in the himalaya is just so beautiful.

It might be weird but it has its jain and buddhist and non violent logic. Of course mainly only in India will you find such ascetics. That is why Wu Kong had to perfect his gongfu by going to India and practicing veg ascetism. Ascetism is a beautiful thing and you must see India to know how far it can go. These people i feel are the most religious of the world, centuries dedicated to absolute non violence. I can find a bit of it in some buddhist monks in China, but i am not sure Shaolin is the best place to find ascetism. You need go India to see it on a large scale. Jains only are millions!

Peace and love
            Ahh Liu...making shit up again, I see....
            "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

Working...
            X