cell phones vs popcorn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cell phones vs popcorn

Discover, share and connect with culture, creativity, sound, images and people.

makes me wonder what these evil little contraptions do to your brain...

oh well, time to order pizza...
    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Great video.

I have a cardiac surgeon friend from many years ago, who was using the original cell phones of, oh, fifteen or so years ago? The one where you had to carry a battery pack like a little suitcase. I think the things put out five watts or something obscene like that. He then moved to the large Motorola handset, the large beige one with the black antenna. Not sure if you guys are even aware of this type. It was an expensive commodity back then, and only the wealthy who felt a need to communicate had these things. He used it for his practice, and, well, he "had to have one".

The rest of us just kept using beepers.

He's just completed I think, his sixth or seventh brain surgery for glioma. The tumor arose about ten years ago, on the side of his brain that he used to hold that phone. He's not eligible for a repeat operation; next time this tumor encroaches, it's over.

I avoid using them. And, when I do, it's for a limited time. And I prefer to use a headset with them. I tend to use sms messaging more than I use voice. They're probably not that harmful for an old guy like me with a thick calcified skull, but for younger people, and especially children, they present risks.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

i hear you doc,

its interesting to see electricity being converted to radio waves and how they effect living tissue, you would think mankind would have a better grasp of knowledge in this area.

which brings in the question, what is more important, the cellphone today as we know it, or our brains. and how hard it would be to mass convert to a more efficient system if one were to come up.

which brings up alot of subjects, such as the abandonment of fossil fuels, alternate power sources, and how that can happen.
      "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

You have to remember that modern cell phones, with the plethora of cell towers nowadays, don't put out that much energy. The scalp absorbs some of the radio wave energy that comes from the antenna, but it's commonly thought that the skull prevents that energy from hitting brain tissue. There's just not enough power coming out of these phones nowadays. So, people generally consider them to be "safe".

I don't. But, that's my opinion.

They do present risks in younger people, such as children and younger teenagers, because their skulls are not as calcified as adults.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

i see.............

Comment

Working...
          X