Upstate NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upstate NY

Hey, a while back I heard one of the NY monks was thinking of opening a school in upstate NY (Shi Yan Ming if I remember correctly). Does anyone know about where (NY is a pretty big place), or when, or any details on this.

Thanks in advance.

Shaolinstylee
    practice wu de

it's a monumental undertaking...

...but he (Yan Ming) is as serious as a heart attack about it...whenever he speaks of it he gets teary eyed...as they say in Jamaica, 'soon come...soon come...'

I like it when they say that.
    "Arhat, I am your father..."
    -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

So, what you are saying is that no one really knows, but it is coming, and when it does, then there will be info?
      practice wu de

Comment

terrific

terrific,what do you think of that

Comment

Just check out his site Shaolinstylee.

You can even donate to make it happen faster !!!! New Temple, New Life.

http://www.usashaolintemple.com/
          "Winners turn to losers, losers are forgotten..." - A Tribe Called Quest

Comment

I'm convinced this is never going to happen. It has been I dont know how many years since this started and they just keep saying they are getting close. In the same amount of time tey have passed on a dozen chances to get the funding to build the place. I've heard people tell me its all a scam. i used to think that was just crazy talk but now I am seriously starting to wonder.
            The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

So, where are the donations going? I assume that people have donated...
              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
              russbo.com

Comment

I think they have tried to find locations and went location scouting last time I heard. I have no idea where the money has went I know someone had made a huge donation to them.

Main problem I've heard with the whole operation is that SYM isn't really spearheading the project, he has gotten all his students to do the work for him. So basically lack of leadership = slow results.... But I can't confirm any of this information

Comment

I remember they went land scouting several times. Thats all well and good but if you dont have the money to buy the land its kinda pointless...

When I was there there was no structure or leadership to speak of. I can remember there being a small fund raising project one time then nothing again a full year later.

WhenIwas there the main focus was on internal fund raising events. Such as a seminar to learn a new form and X number of dollars were needed to be able to participate. Then there was a fund raiser party/show at Chelsea piers last year. All these things were rather small in terms of trying to raise the millions of dollars needed to build such a site. Also the problem is how much can the students give before they have nothing left to give. I had donated some money but then I was tapped out. I had no money i was a student at the time.

I know there were several instances where they passed on chances to bring in millions of dollars mainly due to bad management and the lack of leadership.
                  The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

Amazing what people will donate their money to.

Without doing any sort of research.

Strictly amazing.
                    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                    russbo.com

Comment

it wll never happen.
                      what you mention remain a long time

Comment

Working...
                      X