WORK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WORK

hello people...this thread is about money lolo. moneyy money money money money how i hate money i loathe money to the point where i wish i could just stab someone and keep stabbing and stabbing....

anyway. so what im interested in is what everyone here does for ...money. i really have been struggling this last year because ive been up and down with my money situation.

and since april ive been unemployed, before and after i quit my job i was doing some..unethical i guess u would say things to make money, i stopped doing that in july..and since then ive been doing work for labor ready(slave labor for minimum wage)

and basically i have been thinking about this for a long time u know, what to do..what to do, i know what i wanna do with my life but i dont know what i want to do to make money lolo. i know i have to work i just dont want to live to work. and i dont want to have to struggle just to pay bills and buy food. i dont live all crazy partying and whatnot i did enough of that, i dont care much about nice cars/houses clothes whatever stuff. i just wanna be able to eat and sleep and train and not live in a motel with a bunch of crack heads.

so even though i sound like im crying about my problems im not..these just my thoughts atm..i cant stop thinking about my "future" really that means my future as a worker of what i dont really know...

anyway what do u guys do for money is what id like to know.

also if anyone wants to ask something slick like why dont u get a job i been trying since april..ive put in to many apps to count, im sick of doing it im getting depressed about that..cant even get hired as a dishwasher and i havent been back to labor ready in a week atm and on saturday i gotta go to the wong fei hung tourney so money is on my mind lolo
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

I'm a personal trainer.
    "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

i thought about that one. still think about it just..i dont really like weights, i lift now and again i just like body weight exercises more

and i dunno if i could support myself doing that. even a studio apt here costs 600+ not to mention food..gas..car insurance, utilitys, phone etc

Comment

Originally posted by Maestro View Post
        i know i have to work i just dont want to live to work. and i dont want to have to struggle just to pay bills and buy food.
        Well, the problem is, and the reality is, most of us do that, every day. It's part of life. I did for many years as I worked myself through high school, college, medical school, residency and fellowship. I didn't start making money, real money, and have some sort of comfortable life, until I was thirty years old. Lots of sacrifice, for many years.

And then when I started working as a physician in private practice, a hundred or so hours a week, it was more of the same. The more money you make, the more you spend on your lifestyle.

So, get used to it.

Do what you think is going to make you happy. Do what you enjoy. Try to get some education, any education. It's all good. Always keep trying to advance yourself education wise, and things, and jobs, will start falling into place.

Let's face it, most of us are not born with rich parents, and most of us don't fall into these wonderful little situations like Bill Gates. Most of us suffer and work to survive and advance. It's part of life, and, it's the part of life that makes you what you are, and the part of life that you remember the most when you get older.

And stay away from the illegal shit. You get caught, those issues will follow you, and hamper you, for the rest of your life. Period.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

Hooker taxidermist. Wouldn't trade the job for anything.

Doc, you in Vegas? if so you should give me a call.

Comment

I only do personal training because I can set up my own schedule and not worry about a job getting in the way of school. In no way, whatsoever, do I want to do this the rest of my life. You can make six figs doing it, but it's pretty rare

Which is why I decided to be a doctor.

I have funny logic....
            "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

currently i'm both a part-time esl instructor and part-time translator who contracts (freelances) with various companies on different translation/transcription projects.

after moving back to the states next year, however, i'll probably end up teaching chinese part-time (or find a job working as a translator/intermediary agent for some company), and continue with the freelancing that i do now on the side. i like having a few things going at the same time to keep things interesting.. though i have a master's degree, depending on the situation, i may need to head back to school for a year to get an education certificate. but we'll see....

actually i hate school. i personally feel it's one of the most unhealthy things you can do with yourself. education and school, in my opinion, are therefore two completely different concepts. but unfortunately, in this day and age, schooling is sometimes a necessary evil. if it's going to help to allow a person to live the way they choose, then it should be considered and undertaken seriously, i'd say....

anyhow, i think if you go to school for something you enjoy, you'll find many more opportunities available to you. of course you may have to pay back some loans...like myself...but at least you'll be doing something you feel is worthy of the money and energy you've invested. of course, i also have friends you've done very well as glass blowers, producers, dj's, and so on. they love what they do and never went to school.

so i guess it all depends on where your passions rest. if you follow your heart....see where it takes you....things tend will work out.
              ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

yes..interesting. good stuff everyone. hooker taxidermist..i dunno if u joking or what but that sounds wierd

anyway yeh good stuff..interesting words from many of you i think ive asked questions like this before and gotten similar answers lolo. im not sure...what i am sure of is i apparently have to go to school, which is just gay, but whatever ill have to do some research now on community college lolo.

Comment

Originally posted by onesp1ng View Post

actually i hate school. i personally feel it's one of the most unhealthy things you can do with yourself.
                  I guess you never worked in a county hospital trauma center, LOL...
                  Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                  russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                  X