sweat rash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweat rash?

i have a friend who trains for around two hours everyday. as i do, he also lives without an airconditioner.

ii was away on vacation, so i didn't see him for a few weeks. this past saturaday when we met to train, he explained how he'd come down with a rash that covered much of his back, chest, and hands. he told me that a chinese doctor examined him and diagnosed it as "汗症,” or, loosely translated, "sweat illness/disease." basically it just looks like a bunch of little red spots.

he tells me it goes away and moves to different areas of his body. the chinese doctor apparently drained some blood from his ear and suggested that that should help to reduce the rash from speading.

anyone have any info on this?

thanks...
    ZhongwenMovies.com

Does your friend work on mats with other people, or use equipment that other people use that are not washed or cleaned?

Staph infection is pretty common among people who workout a lot in areas that are not cleaned and sanitized on a regular basis.
    "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

It's probably heat rash, a heat related illness which occurs when the skin is overheated in a warm humid environment. Excessive sweating and moisture on the skin causes small pimples to occur in the affected areas.

Best way to treat it is to work out in a less humid, cooler environment. Keeping the area dry, as with some powders, helps. Creams and ointments can actually make the situation worse, as they can "clog" the pores, and / or keep the heat in the skin. Washing frequently can help.

Draining blood from the ear just causes unnecessary pain, and does nothing to alleviate this illness.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

no, no mats, fa hui. just a lot of heat and humidity here in taiwan.

ok, doc, heat rash makes sense. thanks.

as for the ear draining thing, i've actually seen many people recover from various ailments after this procedure was performed. perhaps it's just a placebo effect of sorts, i don't know...
        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Originally posted by onesp1ng View Post
          no, no mats, fa hui. just a lot of heat and humidity here in taiwan.

ok, doc, heat rash makes sense. thanks.

as for the ear draining thing, i've actually seen many people recover from various ailments after this procedure was performed. perhaps it's just a placebo effect of sorts, i don't know...
          Well, I guess Doc's explanation makes more sense. This is why he's the Supreme Deity of Russbo.
          "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

Working...
          X