Mao had some right views (Maoism)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mao had some right views (Maoism)

I discuss this with mi step mother and we agree that Mao had some right insights: intellectuals and workers are equals and should have the same salari.

Capitalism is wrong!

Please let us all give the same love to everi sentient being and erase poverti and inequalities from the face of earth...

Lets rejoice in the love of Christ!

Om mani pedme hung

He also probably killed a couple ten millions of people, but who's counting.

Comment

P.S. Try going online from China and writing about how their governmental system is immoral.

Comment

What about the 5 million children diing everi iear without cheap medicine? Nobodi is responsible?

Comment

If that was meant to be a defense of Mao you're going to have to try again.

Comment

Guess who said this?
            What's so unusual about Emperor Shih Huang of the Chin Dynasty? He had buried alive 460 scholars only, but we have buried alive 46,000 scholars. In the course of our repression of counter-revolutionary elements, haven't we put to death a number of the counter-revolutionary scholars? I had an argument with the democratic personages. They say we are behaving worse than Emperor Shih Huang of the Chin Dynasty. That's definitely not correct. We are 100 times ahead of Emperor Shih of the Chin Dynasty in repression of counter-revolutionary scholars.

Comment

I m not saying that Mao is right, i just say that in my view equality between social classes and countries is more non violent than capitalist inequality. When poverty leads to the extreme of starving of not being able to buy medicine then i guess it really creates suffering. For other aspects of poverty, of course it is more mental, but children working instead of studying is kind of sad i think.

U can blame Mao for his political violence, yet if u see it from an emptiness point of view, he could hardly be different. He was born with imperialist powers in China, grow with Guomindang and japanese violence, had to face capitalist violence and dictatures in the world. U can hardly expect him to be peaceful. At the time of the cultural revolution, thousand of civilians where killed in vietnam in the name of freedom. So what else than a mirror could he be?

Emptiness, being dependant on causes and conditions, gives an interesting perspective on history i think

Comment

Except complete equality goes against human nature and nature in general. The idea is to obtain more than your rival so you can secure a mate and they cannot, thus passing on your genes to the next generation. Paying everyone the same for whatever their job is would never work because people would constantly want to have just a little more than everyone else.

Also, why should a garbage man earn the same as a nuclear physicist or brain surgeon? Anyone can be a garbage man but it take someone special to be a doctor or scientist. Since only a few people can do this job by the law of supply and demand they should get more for their work.

Also, why do you use "I's" instead of "y's"?
                The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

Originally posted by liutangsanzang View Post
                  I discuss this with mi step mother and we agree that Mao had some right insights: intellectuals and workers are equals and should have the same salari.

Capitalism is wrong!

Please let us all give the same love to everi sentient being and erase poverti and inequalities from the face of earth...

Lets rejoice in the love of Christ!

Om mani pedme hung
                  http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblog.../epic_fail.jpg
                  "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

I already give computer to chinese's proletariate family.

Comment

This is the problem Liu. It's easy to say "but there are kids without medicine who are dying!" without offering any alternative. But the alternatives you're talking about, Maoism, Marxism, etc., simply can't be separated from the reality that they've created. And by "reality" I mean genocide, mass starvation, and forced labor, just to begin with.

On the other side you have capitalism and the global economy, which definitely includes inequalities, but has actually resulted in improving the quality of life for billions of people, including (obviously) you.

In other words, your argument may have been interesting in the 1890's but at this point has been made obsolete by actual events. We all want everyone to be well-fed and safe but your ideas for making this happen are just wrong, and history proves it.

Comment

Originally posted by zachsan View Post
                        This is the problem Liu. It's easy to say "but there are kids without medicine who are dying!" without offering any alternative. But the alternatives you're talking about, Maoism, Marxism, etc., simply can't be separated from the reality that they've created. And by "reality" I mean genocide, mass starvation, and forced labor, just to begin with.

On the other side you have capitalism and the global economy, which definitely includes inequalities, but has actually resulted in improving the quality of life for billions of people, including (obviously) you.

In other words, your argument may have been interesting in the 1890's but at this point has been made obsolete by actual events. We all want everyone to be well-fed and safe but your ideas for making this happen are just wrong, and history proves it.
                        Damn! Awesome argument!
                        "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

Zachsan tends to do that lol.

Comment

Aww you guys are making me all warm and fuzzy inside!

Wait that's the Beam from last night...

Comment

the irony is that mao's own successors deemed his views to be destructive and eventually mostly useless. and they're the ones that opened china to the global market which obviously was the catalyst for the market economy that's(overwhelmingly) preferenced today.
                              ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Working...
                              X