Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milk Products in Asia

Embassy warning about Chinese milk products:

Over the past several weeks, there have been reports of deaths and illness in China as a result of milk contaminated with melamine. China has historically been a supplier of milk and cream products to Thailand, and on September 22, 2008, rising concern over possibly contaminated milk led the Thai Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to issue a statement on its website saying that all Chinese dairy imports will be more stringently inspected. A Thai FDA port inspector confirmed to Embassy officials that all current shipments of Chinese dairy products entering Thailand are tested and only released into the market after all test results are conclusive that the products are not contaminated.

We cannot evaluate the safety of all dairy products available in Thailand, but suggest that consumers stay abreast of current events and always look at the product labels for nutritional information, possible allergens, and country of origin if you are concerned about the source of your food.

As I've mentioned before, dairy products in China are dangerous because of the Chinese inability to understand the concept of refrigeration. Purchasing ice cream from road side stands or supermarkets is tantamount to a guaranty of getting some sort of dysenteric illness. Dairy products purchased at western outlets, such as Haagen Daaz, etc, has in my experience, been acceptable.

Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Working...
X