X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Folks,

Heya people.

First message,
    found this site due to my increasing interest in gong fu, specially traditional,
    been training in Tae Kwon Do for about 6 years now.

I must say this site is pretty much what I needed in order to find info about china.
    I'm planning a trip after I finish my duties here(At my country),
    one of the stops are of course China :P

hope i'll have fun here...
    seems pretty much cosy here

welcome, Cu7l4ss...
    ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

If I can be of any assistance helping with your trip, let me know.

Welcome to the madness.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

i m not mad, kissinger and israelians are, we should do something to help them

Comment

Hello and welcome!
          Hope you find what you're looking for!

Djon Ma
          Karma Dechen Djon Ma
          "For as long as space endures, And as long as living beings remain, Until then may I too abide, To dispel the misery of the world."
          Shantideva

Comment

thanks on the welcome.
            I would appreciate any help.
            I read a few articles, gave me some grounds how to plan my trip.
            I really want to learn traditional gong fu, I don't have much time for my trip either about 4 months (from November to February, which aren't the ideal months for a trip to china).
            maybe I can trim some of my duty time and get to leave in September or October..
            Anyways where can I learn traditional shaolin gong fu(I don't mind harsh conditions, duty was hard enough hehe).
            it does sound mad enough, just need some opinions on how to plan the trip.
            The reason for the trip is that I don't want to get cought in the vicious circle of studies and work so this is my sole option unless I want to freeze my studies in the middle.

what do ya people think ?

Originally posted by liutangsanzang View Post
            i m not mad, kissinger and israelians are, we should do something to help them
            now I bet my comment proven your comment :P

Comment

Cu, some advice.

Ignore Liu, unless you like vegetables and hate killing things. As most of us on this forum eat meat and like killing things, he stands apart. We love him anyway.

November through February is the wrong time to go. Period. Read the site. There's twelve years of information here. Find a better time to go (after March), or come down to Thailand in the winter for some Muay Thai. Summer is best for Shaolin.

There's plenty of people here who can help you. I can set your trip up if you want.
              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by doc View Post
                Cu, some advice.

Ignore Liu, unless you like vegetables and hate killing things. As most of us on this forum eat meat and like killing things, he stands apart. We love him anyway.

November through February is the wrong time to go. Period. Read the site. There's twelve years of information here. Find a better time to go (after March), or come down to Thailand in the winter for some Muay Thai. Summer is best for Shaolin.

There's plenty of people here who can help you. I can set your trip up if you want.
                O.k.
                If you say the best time of year is sept-oct and in the spring( Im a bit worried about the mosquitoes with the malaria and other good stuff in them)
                and I really want to learn traditional gong fu, and I really don't know where to find a traditional school.. if there is any.
                I rather spend my money and time on the traditional art and not wushu.
                so what should I do ?

oh p.s.
                I got my hands on some pdf files, I know it isn't optimal to learn from books
                and it is just best to find a master but I don't have around here(that isn't with a waiting list to get new pupils of a year..)

Comment

mosquitoes are not too bad in the spring, not as bad as other parts of Asia. Malaria is always an issue, but it is not as endemic there as you may think. The usual precautions apply.

Decheng's school still teaches some traditional to foreigners, he realizes that we westerners are not interested in jumping through the air. Also the Wushu Guan can teach tradtional if you ask. I can set either up.

russbo.com

Comment

dont fool yourself into thinking china has the real stuff, or the best stuff. for the most part, USA and some other western countries have far better teachers then in any part of asia. i say so because of what ive seen and what my teachers have experienced and others..

dont get me wrong, shaolin has some good gung fu, de cheng obviously is great, de yang and others are pretty good aswell. but there are language barriers and also..alot of politics, i dunno how it works exactly cause i never been to shaolin but just saying

there are tons of skilled individuals in the west who really make alot of these people in china look like..well not so good i guess i should say.

if you never practiced traditional gung fu you probably dont know the diff anyway so anyone with a traditional tag or whatever could fool you but..i guess thats part of life
                    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Heh, I guessed there could be ripoffs, Im going there for the sightseeing too,
                      it's the whole package :P, China seems a good place to start.. got a lot of countries in my list though.

doc:
                      Again, I appreciate any help I could get.
                      When the time comes, all shall know :P

oh yeah, anyone got any tips how can I start excersice on my own[meanwhile, basics..] ?
                      Last edited by Cu7l4ss; 12-20-2008, 12:39 AM.

Comment

I guess u can try to direct ur energy to serve non violence for every being trough all ages and search the web about Mahatma Gandhi (i prefer not to use books to avoid killing insects) and meditate on the buddhist precept of not killing.

Peace and love

Comment

Hey cutlass.
                          "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

It’s actually a nice and helpful piece of info. I’m happy that you shared this helpful information with us. Please stay us up to date like this.Thank's for sharing.

Here is My Homepage: nba odds

Comment

Working...
                            X