Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cutting glass with bare fingers (Huang Aguilar)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting glass with bare fingers (Huang Aguilar)

Cutting glass with bare fingers

An incredible Chi Kung-demonstration in which the Master Aguilar penetrates glass with his fingers :

Is it possible to cut through a bottle with one blow?
    Is it possible with your fingers to penetrate glass?
    Does Tai Chi or Chi Kung allow such capabilities?
    Is it possible to make the internal energy outwardly visible?

The Master Huang C. Aguilar, founder and abbot of the Chan-Buddhist Temple Ocean of Tranquility in Bilbao, Spain, gave another incredible demonstration of his capabilities in Chi Kung on Wednesday, 27/11/2008 in a public demonstration in which more than 90 people were present, including a notary, who made a written record of everything that happened. The Master Aguilar demonstrated that he was able to cut, shatter or penetrate bottles with different areas of his hand.

The demonstration consisted of a combination of three different blows:

1. The shattering of a half-full beer bottle by a blow from a very close distance with the palm of the hand onto the open mouth of the bottle. This is a well known demonstration which is similar to those performed in Shaolin. The big difference to previous demonstrations lies in the distance the Master Aguilar uses: His hand was no further than 5cm from the mouth of the bottle throughout the movement. The blow involves as a result a very short movement, which does not allow the development of any force through the buildup of momentum or increased acceleration over distance. Not only did the bottom of the bottle break but the whole lower half shatterd in dozen pieces as if it was exploding.

2. In the second demonstration the Master Aguilar "cuts" the bottle with his index and middle finger, a position which is known in Tai Chi as the "sword hand" or “sword fingers”. This demonstration involved holding an unopened bottle of beer in his left hand so that the upper two centimeters of the neck of the bottle including the lid protruded above the hand. With his index and middle finger of his other hand he initiated a frontal strike or stabbing motion, on one of the toughest parts of the bottle: the mouth of the bottle and by doing this he cut off the top 2 cm from the bottle. The bottle remained intact apart from the missing top 2cm. This demonstration of the Master Aguilar is unique and has never been done before in this way.

3. In the third demonstration the Master initiates a vertically- curved blow with the edge of his fingers. As before he uses his index and middle finger to penetrate the bottle. The blow is aimed at the body of the bottle. A member of the audience held the neck of the bottle during the demonstration.

The bottles used in these three different exhibitions were all different. The Master Aguilar had never seen any of the bottles before nor could he train with them. This was testified by the notary. The notary personally brought a few bottles, which the Master Aguilar shattered just like the other bottles. Some of the bottles were half-full and unopened, some were full and opened and some were half full or empty. The demonstrations took place directly in front of the eyes of the audience. Some people were not more than 1 meter away from the Master, while others even participated in the demonstration by holding the bottle which the master would shatter. In addition to the audience in the gim there were several video cameras and cameras, which recorded the proceedings for posterity.

It has to be repeated that more than 90 people who testified this by giving their signature witnessed these demonstrations. A notary was also present with whom it had been agreed prior to the demonstrations what would happen and under what conditions they could happen. The notary witnessed officially in his records that the Master Aguilar had not tampered or interfered with any of the bottles. Over and above this a member of the audience sat next to the bottles the whole time and watched as the Master broke one after the other. The different ways in which the bottles were broken meaning the short distance (about 5 cm), strikes with the fingertips and with the edge of the fingers, etc, were witnessed and confirmed by the notary.

This unique demonstration of historic proportions shows what the human being is capable of. Today the Master Aguilar is perhaps the only man capable of cutting or penetrating such hard and compact objects like a bottle with such a fragile part of the human body as the fingers through his high control in Chi Kung. It is important to know that he does not strike like a trained martial arts fighter with the pure violence and perfect control of his body from a great distance or with his fist or edge of his hand but from impossibly short distances and in impossible positions or postures. It is not a demonstration of martial arts but something else.

Once again the Master Aguilar proves his profound knowledge of the internal capabilities of man. These internal capabilities were demonstrated by him again and again in the last century and especially in the last two years: Shooting arrows in the dark, walking on fire, squashing glewing coles with bare hands, touching glewing metal pieces with his tongue, guessing the thoughts of people around him, tracking persons blindfolded, treating and healing sick people, paralyzing People without hitting or touching them and many more. Until now he showed that spears, stones and rocks shatter on his body like waves on the shore. Now he demonstrates how he pervades external objects with his energy as though they were not there. He cuts the top of a bottle with a precision of a saw or he can shatter a bottle with a blow which cannot really be described as a blow because he executes it from such a short distance. This does not happen in the way it does with professional show artists and acrobats, who usually perform on a stage 20 meters away from the audience, but 2 meters in front of their faces. Some of the audiences were even involved so the events could not have been more transparent.

Photos of these extraordinary demonstrations are already on the website of the Buddhist Temple in Spain. These pages are still under construction so not all are completely filled. It's worth having a look at the website in a few days. Videos are also being processed and will be on the website in a short while:
    http://www.shaolinmonastery.org/cast...nvidrio01.html (Note: In order to see all the pictures navigated through the buttons "1 de 15 "in the different pages)

Yours sincerely

Nadim Sarrouh
    President of the German Delegation Ocean of Tranquility

P.S. : Also visit the website of the Master’s latest trip to the most important spiritual sites in South America:
    Last edited by Ocean of Tranquilly; 01-10-2009, 12:11 AM. Reason: text Color was not visible

I knew him years ago.

He has really, um, "changed"....

Abbot, and now, parlor tricks.

God I could write a book about these people.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Would you enlighten us, and tell us were you see any tricks? Is there some trick envolved when you shoot the top of a bottle of with your fingers? And how would you show this kind of trick jut 2 meters away from the faces of nearly 100 people including a notary who checked that everything was going as planned?

I would like to know how you would do some trick like this. Maybe you can show me somebody, who does it exactly like this? Hitting the top of the glass with the palm, with a distance not more than 10 cm. Please show me, I am eager to learn

Comment

i live hear at the submarine capital of the world and i call tell u the beer bottle thing u seen the monks and some others do is not a big deal. hitting the top wit the palm is a trick alot of guys do

smashing through a beer bottle with your fingers, sword finger or whatever isnt that hard, a friend of mines dad can do it and hes not a shaolin monk lolo or whatever this guy is claiming to be

breaking glass and bricks doesnt mean anything, doesnt mean u can fight doesnt mean anything.

good for getting people to sign up for your school maybe lolo
        "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

being an "abbot" is a pretty good trick. of course, you must be a fully ordained bhikshu in order to become an abbot of a monastery. wonder who his preceptors were?

Comment

Originally posted by Maestro View Post
            i live hear at the submarine capital of the world and i call tell u the beer bottle thing u seen the monks and some others do is not a big deal. hitting the top wit the palm is a trick alot of guys do

smashing through a beer bottle with your fingers, sword finger or whatever isnt that hard, a friend of mines dad can do it and hes not a shaolin monk lolo or whatever this guy is claiming to be
            thats the thing, people have never tried it and just let their imaginations tell them to be amazed for some reason...

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-hBMyaigqI"]YouTube - Beer Bottle Breaking Tutorial[/ame]

Well, there's one...

BTW, beer bottles and other such conveyances are not the strongest pieces of glass, especially in the area of the bottle neck.
              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

I love how there's a notary present, as if that proves anything. I'm sure the years of formal training in how to put a stamp on a piece of paper qualified him to confirm the veracity of the demonstration.

Comment

Haha you guys make it look very easy.

Why doesn't somebody explain to me, how he shot of the top of the bottle with the tip of his fingers? I mean, if breaking it with the side isn't impressive, that should really do it, don't you think?

It's interesting to see that everybody was extremly quickly in downplaying the other two demonstrations. When it comes to this particular one though, nobody even lost a word...Maybe because you had no words for it? Just as me? What about that one? I'll be eagerly waiting for the Youtube-"Make it yourself"-Videos...

Why doesn't somebody show me a video, in which somebody smashes a bottle with the palm from a distance of only 10 cm (that would be 3 or 4 inches). Maybe doc can do it...

Anybody who says that beerbottles are not strong enough, should drink more beer Go and get yourself a bottle an try to hit it gently with your fingers. Don't try anything stupid though, hitting it with the fingers may result in serious injury...It's definetly not made of paper.

If all that is so easy, surely somebody can tell me the name of someone who knows someone who heard of someone who said, that he knows 100 people that know 200 people that do it. I would be happy to contact only one of those persons, who is able to do such things. My studies around the world, showed me no person that conducts in any way similar exhibitions...

The notary was present, because it is clear that with an exhibition of this magnitude there would be voices who claim, that all the pictures are fake and arranged in Photoshop. Also the notary testified the distances from the glass, the way the glass was broken, the parts of the hand used and the different kind of bottles he broke...

P.S.: Yes, he is an abbot of a monastery, which is acknowledged as a monastery by the Spanish Government. Anybody who thinks that a monastery can only be opened and governed with the approval of chinese, japanese, tibetian or whatevery monasteries, doesn't understand Zen, and should ask himself if this kind of view, isn't a bit too racist.

By the way: the word is Bhikkhu
                  Last edited by German Delegation MBOT; 01-12-2009, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by German Delegation MBOT View Post
                    P.S.: Yes, he is an abbot of a monastery, which is acknowledged as a monastery by the Spanish Government. Anybody who thinks that a monastery can only be opened and governed with the approval of chinese, japanese, tibetian or whatevery monasteries, doesn't understand Zen, and should ask himself if this kind of view, isn't a bit too racist.
                    racist? it has little to do with government, more to do with lineage transmission.

is his "monastery" japanese zen, and practicing shaolin arts, or is it chinese chan lineage?

By the way: the word is Bhikkhu
                    thats in the pali language used by theravada traditions.

"bhikshu" is sanskrit used in mahayana traditions, which chinese chan and japanese zen are a part of.

Comment

People get "recognized" by the government in the US all the time, for "religious" reasons, for "churches" and what have you. I've seen it with people claiming to be "Shaolin priests" who have opened "temples" (martial arts schools).

It's a nice way to rid oneself of having to pay taxes.

As for the distance and the bottle, it's all a matter of physics. Compressing air in the relatively weak upper neck of a bottle, regardless of how far your strike is, will result in the same thing: increased pressure, and eventual rupture of the glass. Using the tip of a finger, the side of your hand, or a butter knife or other object again is just a matter of training and repetition. I don't do these tricks; I don't have time for such nonsense.

These sorts of things belong on the Las Vegas Strip, and not in places of supposed "religious" worship.

russbo.com

Comment

i love guys like this. a beer bottle braking shaolin abbot from mexico. it just tickles me silly....

but, i'm not from mexico, so, i guess if i had to pick a white guy to train with for a while... i'd most likely go with mike martello. i think we'd have a lot in common. AND, being from new york, he's probably very good at breaking into....i mean, breaking windows - yeah. though it's still hard to say if he actually specializes in the beloved 'bottle breaking skill' or not.

i should probably ask... lol...
                        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Dear Doc,

talking physics: In order to compress a small amount of air to let the bottle explode, you will have to gain alot of speed with your hand. In order to that you will need to have alot of distance, so you have the time to develop that speed. With 10 cm you normally don't have the time to develop that speed, that is why all the people who used to show this performance are pulling back their arm at distances between 30 and 50 cm, just before the blow. That's why this particular demonstration is special.

About the second blow: He did not hit the mouth with the tip of his finger. He shot the mouth of a closed bottel off, by using a direct stabbing motion with his two finger. You can say that he was using his fingers like a knife, trying to stab someone...ah and it was his first time...you can imagine, that with his training, his business and the website (which is 100% made by himself) and the governing of two schools in Bilbao, Teaching Kung Fu, Tai Chi, Chi Kung, Chan, Yoga and Archery, travelling to many countries in the world and making seminars he doesn't have a lot of time to practise these things also. If he were a normal guy on the street, who has one trick, i would totally agree with your line of thought. But you and I know that he isn't. You have seen him yourself and know how much he has to train and work for his level. Also he he doesn't only show one thing, like a street magican but several...This is nothing he trained by repition and strengthening. This is why nobody did it like this. Especially the stabbing motion. I am a martial artist too and i know many guys who go on performance and do incredible stuff. Telling them about this performance they just shook their head, not believing that something like this would be possible. This has to do something with internal exercise using energy (not in the mystical way, like the force ) and controlling it on such a high level that things like this get possible.

I know you don't do these things Did not mean to make fun of you. Just a joke...

Dear LFJ

Yes it is racist, if you believe that only a monastery that is approved from any chinese, japanese or whatever directives is a real monastery. the zen is pure and doesn't have to do anything with culture or national borders.

Master Aguilar has a direct lineage from old Shaolin Grandmasters, who are dead today or moved out of Shaolin. He opened his temple in Spain, apart from the modern Shaolin, which has nothing to do with the traditional values of the ancient knowledge and acutally goes against it. The idea of this monastery is to conserve this ancient knowledge and pass it on in a more free and open environment than china.

In order to see his masters, including his buddhist Teacher and lineage please visit: http://www.shaolinmonastery.org/cast...r/funshao.html

P.S.: By the way: Huang Aguilar is from Spain. Spain is one of the southern countries in Europe, another continent accross the ocean, connected to asia...
                          Last edited by German Delegation MBOT; 01-13-2009, 09:13 AM.

Comment

I'm not doubting his martial arts skills or his physical conditioning. Back in 1995, I had met him, and was impressed with his abilities.

I just find the "evolution", well, fascinating. Actually, behavior which is kind of common in the martial arts world.

russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by German Delegation MBOT View Post
                              Dear LFJ

Yes it is racist, if you believe that only a monastery that is approved from any chinese, japanese or whatever directives is a real monastery. the zen is pure and doesn't have to do anything with culture or national borders.
                              not sure which one of us ever suggested that...

you've still failed to grasp, what i'm saying is that government has little to nothing to do with it.

you must be a fully ordained monk to be an "abbot" of a monastery. you may open a center and call yourself a director, but not an abbot as that implies some sort of ordination.

so if master aguilar has taken full ordination, are you suggesting it was done within shaolin monastery lineage?

who are his preceptors?

In order to see his masters, including his buddhist Teacher and lineage please visit: http://www.shaolinmonastery.org/cast...r/funshao.html
                              all this links to is various pictures of him with different masters. it does not give any information on his bhikshu ordination or name his preceptors.

Comment

Working...
                              X