Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shi Wan Heng allegedly imprisoned

Shi Wan Heng arrested in Shaolin???

I'm getting some interesting feedback concerning Shi Wan Heng, the old monk whom I met back in 1998. I've made some comments about him recently, elsewhere in this forum.

The Shaolin Grandmaster Shi Wang Heng has been arrested by police who are "working" for the current "abbot" of the Shaolin Temple, Shi Yong Xin.
    Grandmaster Shi Wang Heng is 84 years old, he has lived at the Shaolin Temple since 1928 and he is one of the original four monks who stayed at the Shaolin Temple during the very dangerous days of the cultural revolution when Mao's Red Guards killed and tortured many buddhist monks in China.

And this one:

Okay I heard some more info... Shi Wan Heng was at Shaolin, and two eyewitnesses who were there from a trusted source saw approximately ten police officers come to Damo's cave where a film crew was doing some filming and placed him under arrest. Charges unknown, nor is his condition known...

I'm currently working on getting some confirmation on this.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

They were talking of this on the KFM shaolin forum.....not much more info.
    practice wu de

Comment

The only confirmation that I have gotten to this date, is that "Yongxin threw him out of Shaolin". Not sure if was via the Deyang method or not. As the SARS thing is a significant problem in Shaolin right now, getting information is tough; the temple is closed, and the students are under some sort of quarantine. I'll try to stay on top of it.

Imagine, imprisoning an 84 year old man.... What kind of threat is he, to anyone?
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Sometimes it seems...

...like Shi YongXin likes to hang himself with his own rope.

I haven't heard anything further than what's already up...apparently he has been expelled from the Temple and was not allowed back or something, maybe for that abbot comment while on tour?
        "Arhat, I am your father..."
        -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

That was a while ago. A few years back. No, I think it's something else. Maybe the threat of an older respected monk on the premises. Remember how the older masters were treated a few years ago when Yongxin ascended. Also remember what I wrote in one of my journals (in the Archive), about how things are getting "rewritten" in Shaolin. I'm not sure though; stilll trying to find out what's going on.

russbo.com

Comment

you know what Doc...

...it's enough to really get you confused as to what is going on- I mean, it seems like Yong Xin has taken some good steps towards furthering and benefitting Shaolin, but then it gets tempered by this kind of stuff going on, it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out- and it makes it confusing- especially for disciples...'defend the temple and all that...' I find myself wondering *which* temple if you know what I mean...
            -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

At this point in time, it is very difficult to get any information about Wanheng. I've been told that the SARS thing has hit Dengfeng and Shaolin pretty hard; students are prohibited from leaving their school quarters, and the monks and other inhabitants are prohibited from leaving the temple premises. The temple is closed to visitors. Finding out Wanheng's whereabouts under these circumstances is beyond my means at this point.

russbo.com

Comment

Doc I will make your day

Doc,

speaking other languages pays off:

Shi Wan Heng ist seit kurzem wieder frei. Er wurde aufgrund der Initiative einer Gruppe aus Oesterreich wieder freigelassen und er wird zum Shaolin Tempel Austria kommen und hier leben.

Translation:

Shi Wan heng is free again. He was released based upon an initiative of a group in Austria. He will be traveling to Austria and live in the Shaolin Temple in Austria.

PS: I will send you the source of the information separately.

Uwe

Comment

Not sure if was via the Deyang method or not

what is the deyang methode ?
                  martial way is mine, death one is yours
                  call me last bodyguard of the lohan chuan, call me the one who will bring wu de to occident, call me, the one

Comment

Hmmmm. Read the site. Including, the EMAILS section....

russbo.com

Comment

I looked in it but I did not saw it
                      call me last bodyguard of the lohan chuan, call me the one who will bring wu de to occident, call me, the one

Comment

Look in Emails One.

russbo.com

Comment

do u have any idea of the title of the thread n which it is?

Comment

Not much more info

In the latest Shaolin special from KFM on page 35 from an interview with Shi Yongxin. Shi Yongxin states Shi Wan Heng and another monk named Yinguo (warrior monks) were ejected for "misconduct" but did not disclose details about it.
                            http://americanshaolinkungfu.org/3.html

Comment

Has to do with money and power.

There are quite a few of Yong Xin's "disciples" who enjoy the full support of the abbot and are guilty of far greater "misconduct" than an old man who weathered the Cultural Revolution. YX himself has been accused of 'eating the Buddha's food, and wearing the Buddha's clothes' but failing to do the 'Buddha's deeds.' The only reason YX even HAS a Shaolin temple to speak of is due to the efforts of the Four Olds, one of those being Shi Wan Heng.

That's YX's modus operandi- do as you like, give me respect, $$$$, become my disciple (????- nobody is raising an eyebrow over that one?) Even if you're a karate black belt, I'll make you ambassador and a grandmaster.

Watch and see- when Su Xi dies, the older generation monks who kept their placces in the lineage will split town or be forced out. I will be very surprised if YX will suffer SDY to stay in the temple, as an example.
                              -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Working...
                              X