yongxin imprisons monks for "fun"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yongxin imprisons monks for "fun"

yongxin imprisoned shi de yang and kicked out 1 of the surviving elders shi wan heng around the early 2000s period dunno what happened after though he probly done alot more to other monks is this right? you guys seem to protect yongxin everytime i try and put in some evidence well here it is what do you have to say about him now

"contender", who are you fighting? its a dead battle.

master shi deyang does not blame him, and he does not hold grudges.

furthermore, he accepts yongxin's place as abbot of the monastery, and at times actively works with him, despite their history.

abbot yongxin has done nothing to you, on the other hand. he doesnt even know your name. but look how you behave.

know that your "support" is misplaced.

if you really want to support the monastery and traditional masters, you must do as they and not hold grudges. do not give rise to anger or ill-will.

everything is created by thinking. past, present, and future exist only in the mind. it is ungraspable. why do you hold so tightly to nothing? how could you?

Comment

How come Deyang is in jail?

Comment

isnt there a saying judge a person by his actions not his words? talking about buddishm i dont know any other temple that requires a fee to enter it isnt that part of greed? all it takes for evil to succeed is for good people to do nothing and you can watch the documentaries on shaolin they seem alot more orientated on the darkside because alot of people expect shaolin to be a traditional place of martial arts and buddihsm instead turn up dissapointed to see a gymnastics mix of kung fu and people dressed up as monks when there not
        Last edited by 深喉咙; 03-06-2009, 01:29 PM.

Comment

you've never been to another temple, inside china, that asked for a fee? where are you?

well, anway, it's true what you say. a lot of it is bs. but i think what lfj is saying is valuable too. perfection is an illusion, and in china this is especially true. unfortunately we can't always have our cake and eat it too. as doc says, this is the modern evolution of shaolin. you can take it or leave it.

anyhow, seems we've all been around the block on this topic quite a few times already...so i think that's why most tend to not be overly critical of the situation.

you're right, but again, perhaps there's more than meets the eye. it may be a little rash to clump the whole of shaolin together just because of what you see on the surface.
          ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Judging from LFJ's comment, Deyang has not made any uproar over this. If nothing else, it shows that Deyang is a buddhist beyond just his application of it to gongfu.

We are never punished in life; only tested.

Comment

master deyang is not in jail. that was something that happened earlier in this decade, and was covered as it happened on this site. but even if he were just released today he would not carry it around like thecontender does.

i'm not sure what thecontender's goal is here. point out places where someone's actions are disagreeable to you... and then what? call them names? ridicule them? damn them to hell? and then what???

... or examine what is disagreeable, what is irritation, what is this fault-finding mind, what am i?

Comment

One should not create suffering to any being, i guess. Even if love is everywhere, it should be perfected until absolute non violence i think.

Peace and love

Comment

Working...
                X