some thing's missing ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some thing's missing ...

of late there's some thing missing here on russbo.com ...

we still have random ramblings from BL and co

doc's updates ....check

shaolin news and views ... yes ....

but what's missing ? ....

mad4dos

BL is missing. I've banned her again.

I just realized something yesterday. The main site gets a significant amount of traffic, but when people visit the forums here, and look at the "last day" or "last week" links, most of what they see are posts from HELL with BL's nonsensical ramblings.

I think it scares people away. Ruins the "informative" nature of the site.

If you think I'm wrong, I'll allow her back. Granted, most of her stuff was comical and entertaining, but to a total russbo noobie, they must walk away wondering what kind of bizarre people inhabit this online community.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

yes i have to agree with you the lack of BL is an improvement ...
      you can now find things that are worth reading

No what missing is of late is more of your tales from Shaolin
      i.e. "the doc journals"
      there what first inspired me to keep checking by the forum

keep up the good work with the site
      it's a gold mine of Shaolin information

mad4dos

Comment

Well, I've been busy, for one. A child, some health issues, some family issues, and other RL things that just don't seem to go away. For two, I haven't trained in Shaolin in a while, and though I have people send me information, it's kind of hard to write journals of trips there when I'm in Thailand.

Though, I was going to sit down and write about some experiences with Decheng from two weeks ago. And I still have some pretty big things to write up, from very serious events in the past. But I have to be in the right mood to really do those issues correctly.

Like, the disaster of Shaolin Ulllyses, some relevant medical issues that people training in Shaolin need to know, the horrible health care system in Dengfeng, some disasters that have befallen people there, the real history behind some of the more famous "monks" that grace the venues of books and documentaries...

Too much to do.

OH, and I did rewrite the main site; it's now easier for people to submit educational articles and what not to russbo.com . I figured after a while, someone would come along and continue what I've started. Or at least, help grow the thing.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

OH, and I did rewrite the main site; it's now easier for people to submit educational articles and what not to russbo.com . I figured after a while, someone would come along and continue what I've started. Or at least, help grow the thing.
          that's good

just to say a big thanks for this site :-)
          there's always something new to find or some thing old to look at with a new view

mad4dos

Comment

You're right doc... I click "New Posts" when I come here and automatically ignore the BLshit, but most people visiting this site are probably not such jaded and cynical mother****ers. I think banning her is a good idea... or if there's a way to not have HELL posts show up in searches, or to hide them from unregistered users, that would work too.

Comment

its all bs in the end, few people here talk about martial arts or care about exchanging ideas about real martial practice. usually its boiled down to shaolin politics, monk gossip and then just the rest is amusing bs
              "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Doc, i think i can c ur point about BTL. As i told her some of her harsh speech, her claims of high realizations or her way of talking might prevent people from being interested in the dharma (i aint saying buda dharma is true according to what is ur definition of buda (for instance the end of negative karma))

On the other hand from her story i think she needs to communicate and it is rather harsh to ban a shaolin sister. Dividing the sangha is also bad karma.

So maybe limiting her posting or making hell posts not appearing to noew comers might be a solution.

I dont know!

To conclude, a jain sutra

Those who deserve to be called fools, are born again and again. Standing low (in learning or control) they will exalt themselves (and say) in their pride: I am learned. They speak harshly unto the passionless; they upbraid them with their former trades, or revile them with untrue reproaches 2. The wise, therefore, should know the law. Thou lovest unrighteousness, because thou art young, and lovest acts, and sayest: 'Kill beings;' thou killest them or consentest to their being killed by others. (Such a man) thinks contemptuously: A very severe religion has been proclaimed. Sinking in opposition to the law, he is called murderer. Thus I say. (2)

Comment

As you all know, I've been extremely tolerant of BL over the past, well, many years. There's been the roller coaster of bannings, and the continual improvement on her part over the years with respect to anger and a few other things. We've watched her grow a bit, become more interactive for the most part, and in my opinion, get a little "better". I did not want to ban her again, I really had no problem with her ranting in HELL, but after much experimentation, I could not get the forum software to exclude HELL from the search functions. No matter what I tried, those posts continually came up.

If I ever figure out a way to exclude HELL from the search functions, I'll let her come back, but at this time, there's no way to do so for Guests. (Registered members can put her on the Ignore List).

russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by dogchow108
                    No kidding. I don't see why that ocean of pointless threads has not been deleted. Along with LTSZ's "why is my penis not practicing non-violence to my sister's anus?" threads.

Phail, doc, phail....

Why is my what what not practicing what what to to my what???
                    Last edited by master splinter; 04-16-2009, 05:07 PM. Reason: missing a what
                    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

MS, I really liked that quote. It shows a highly defined sense of humor!

I have decided not to delete those threads in HELL. I think that they are educational, in many different ways...

russbo.com

Comment

Haha Well, im not funny, i just try to be...
                        "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

To get back to the question of BTL, my feeling is that it hard to exclude a shaolin sister on the subjective basis that u think what she writes is non sense.

What is more important? Someone who will come once to the site and never register or someone u have known for years and who is part of ur sangha of shaolin?

I do think she has some problems to resolve and i dont think by excluding her that will help her. I know when u r a practicing budist how isolated and alienated u can feel. Here she can talk and recieve some understanding and feedback.

Taking refuge in the sangha is a basis. Excluding someone can be hard karma.

Do the people that come here as visitors really care? How often do they come back in general? Are they real shaolin sangha? If they r interested in budism, they can find tons of information everywhere, and if they have a link with shaolin they will keep on inquiring.

So my feeling is better let her come back and we take care of her. I find the people who just call her mad and do not try help her are a bit dispising and not very compassionate towards their shaolin sister. Maybe because i have felt the loneliness of being a practicing budist in France do i feel different? BTL has given me some interesting insights and i should always thank her for that and her compassion. I guess she must have some rules about respecting people but who can judge her insights? Do u think u r more compassionate?

Peace and love

Comment

I've rewritten some code. Try posting in HELL and see it the new posts show up on the New Posts links.

Don't ever let it be said that I'm not a tolerant man...

russbo.com

Comment

your by far the most tolerant person ive ever met on the internet, we will see the limits of your tolerance when we meet lolo
                              "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Working...
                              X