microtrauma (Skin Conditioning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• microtrauma (Skin Conditioning)

hi doc(n everyone else who cares) i was reading about myofibrillar hypertrophy and this came up and interested me, i always heard a bone grows back stronger when u break it or when u put weight on it or whatever but this says microtrauma can trigger the same effect in muscles obviously and the skin to.

is there anyway to make your skin more resistant without harming the sensitivity or is there anyway ingeneral to increases the regenerative effects of skin or making it stronger/thicker?

and no this has nothing to do with a dick or tits or anything lolo, i just thought of that maybe its me but i kinda feel like someone would say something
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

I do know that there are qigong practices which involves beating yourself daily along the meridians with a stick, or a bean bag. There is no significant trauma but over time, it is said to toughen the body.

Im sure there are modified versions of this to achieve results quicker especially for the primary striking weapons of the body
    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Originally posted by Maestro View Post

and no this has nothing to do with a dick or tits or anything lolo, i just thought of that maybe its me but i kinda feel like someone would say something

"Al Rosh Ha Ganav Bo'er Ha Kova"

Comment

Don't believe everything you read in wikipedia. I've seen some really bad and wacky stuff in there.

The skin will increase in thickness in certain areas of the body because of repeated pressure effects; this is commonly seen in the soles of the feet and the grip areas of the hands (calluses) because of increased frequency of abrasion or pressure. It is the bodies response to protect the underlying structures from trauma. The skin produces more and more cells, which eventually die and thicken the epidermal areas of the skin, thus enhancing protection. The bottoms of your feet are a prime example. Eventually, that added skin sloughs off and the skin returns to some sort of normalcy, so, unless that trauma is repeated, the effects eventually disappear.

Beating your skin with objects will probably not cause this effect. Traumatizing the underlying muscles repeatedly might trigger the build up of scar tissue within; one of the potential side effects is the formation of what we call "trigger points"; little balls of scar tissue with nerve endings wrapped up inside. These can affect areas of muscle, tendon, or nerves, and can be the cause of chronic pain in some individuals. Beating yourself to toughen your skin is really not in your best interests. If you want to break things with your muscles, strengthen your muscles.

There is some qi gong which requires beating your head, or standing on your head, to strengthen it. This then allows you to whip those pig iron bars over your skull. I've discussed this before: putting repetitive stresses on bone causes that bone to strengthen and enlarge. The skulls on these individuals can really appear to be deformed and enlarged in some areas; Shi Su Gong was a prime example of this, when I had trained with him years ago. Needless to say, what you do to the skull you can also do to the brain, and the repeated concussive injuries to cerebral matter is not good. The people I've met who did this head qi gong were not the brightest individuals in the world, in my opinion. That was in another thread. In this case, the effects of the repeated trauma do not disappear, as long term brain damage can be one result. The brain does not heal itself like bone and other tissues do.

And no Maestro, repeated and constant masturbatory processes will not desensitize you, or make you into a bigger more powerful male.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

not about breaking things to me, i could careless about breaking anything. i was just curious about ways to toughen the skin.

as for iron body i think its a great system if practiced correctly, but i dont practice it anymore except for the iron arm and palm but im kinda falling off since i been workin so much.

anyway ur response was pretty close to the wiki said, i read the wiki for gen info and back research it if i care, usually words i dont understand or medical terms spark my interest, or they give me a headache

Comment

"Don't believe everything you read in wikipedia. I've seen some really bad and wacky stuff in there."

I feel the same way, Im not saying i condone or practice it. But its out there, if you look. My source is a book on traditional chinese healing arts written by a martial artist. It just gave a brief overview. And some herbal concoctions along with translations of the original printings of the damo brocade sets and all that good stuff... Oh yeah, its called chinese healing arts.

Most styles of karate use something called a makiwara for their hand techniques. If you want to toughen your knuckles, buy a makiwara or make one.

Or buy a punching bag. I want to get a two hundred pounder those things are fun as hell. i have a buck fifty one hanging on a tree, its decent, i got it for 50 bucks, on sale, YEAH.

Last edited by master splinter; 04-18-2009, 08:50 PM.
            "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

im not a big fan of makiwara training, im not really a big fan of anything the japanese do when it comes to martial arts.

i have no interest in toughening my hands, i was more or less just curious about other things

and i have a heavy bag, i used to like hitting them but not to build power, i used to think thats what they were for..lol

Comment

Master Pang (?) the guy from Toronto, really teaches something worthwhile, in my opinion.

Look at his hands.

The knuckles show serious evidence of external trauma and arthritis.
                Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

that guy knows his stuff, he just choose to develope a skill that is really only meant for killing. honestly, that skill is more powerful then iron palm in alot of ways. really the only difference is the iron palm developes force and the iron fist developes the fist into a weapon, both condition but the IP externally cant really be compared to the iron fist

his story is a pretty cool one and you can find videos of him when he was younger doing tornado kicks on 1 leg

Comment

The point being, his hands have suffered irreversible arthritic and scarring changes. These things can be painful and debilitating.

russbo.com

Comment

yes i concur doctor! but hes still a killer! sacrifices must be made in that line of duty, humans after all, are much faster then zombie strippers...

Comment

I concur. When your job is to take out Hong Kong mafia, the least of your concerns should be your age in old health.

Comment

I think mafia is very bad. Lies and corruption of the police should not be accepted. Big problem inside the field of justice. And heavy karma for those involved.

Better not do a business if it is illegal.

On the other hand i m for legalization of prostitution and probably of light drugs such as marijuana, which has been kind of success in Holland, but the drug problem is complicated. Yet it could create a lof of jobs, for instance in poor countries and in agriculture. Of course drugs would not be such a problem in a system without money, which is in a way the goal of budism. Less stress, no competition, so we wouldnt mind smoking a joint, i think.

In general a lot of things could be legalized but in the capitalist system there are a lot of lies and obscure parts concerning money, i think. i dont know.

Gandhi said nothing should be secret

Peace and love

Comment

Putting aside all the Obama rhetoric about marijuana and whatever potential legislation may come out of it, one has a sure sign that certain drugs will soon become legal: the violence in Mexico. If that is not a turf war over future selling rights, I don’t know what is.

Comment

We live in a doomed world, because we dont care about the future, well i shouldnt say we because im pretty sure you and i do.

Its just this quick fix bullshit that the corporate assholes of the earth are putting us through. I.e. the fossil fuel wars, and alternative, basic energy sources such as magnetism, solar power, etc. Corruption, the flawed monetary and banking system, ET f****n cetera... Ad infinitum. Oh yeah, Health care, withholding cures for diseases, stealing inventions from the people, i could go on and on... I just cant think it off the top of my head because its so depressing that i keep it in the recesses.

Why the hell do we need atomic energy when we cant even make use of all the applications of other more simple technologies, like electromagnetism? I think its pretty stupid, and if there is a supposed nwo or whatever that is keeping shit this way, then they are freakin idiots. plain and simple

I hope they all die horrible deaths, and i hope they burn in hell. If it existed, which i hope it does, just for them.

Who are they? well, i dont really know. Maybe someone out there does. Anyone?
                              Last edited by master splinter; 04-30-2009, 02:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X