Visual aides needed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visual aides needed...

I am from the state of Louisiana in the USA. I study Gong Fu...though my lifestyle doesn't permit me to attend classes more than 3 days a week, I practice at home every chance that I get. The styles taught in my school "The American Kung Fu Academy" by Sifu Charles Perry (Si Gung Raymond Fogg) are mainly Northern Seven Star Preying Mantis, Wha Lum, Qang Quan(Long Fist), Hung Ga. I really find an interest especially in the Mantis style Gong Fu and learn as much about it as I can. But like I said, I am limited to the days per week that I can attend training. Is there any web site or other form of media that would discuss the fundamentals and the deep inner thinking of the Mantis way...as well as and most importanly, visual (move by move) description of the Mantis forms and techniques.
    Thank You for your time

I enjoy Chi Xing Tong Long Chuan (Seven Star Praying Mantis); it's a good old traditional form. As for visual information on praying mantis techniques, I have a slideshow up on the forum in the File Library on this very forum, on Tong Long Chuan, which is a more modern version of Tong Long. It's a popular mantis form now being taught in the temple; however, it is not purely a traditional form. I learned it years ago from Shi Xing Hong, who absolutely loves it (and, who has altered it a little to benefit the way he likes to do it). Quite interesting, Shi De Cheng, who is more of a purist when it comes to traditional forms, does not know this one; Shi Xing Wei, who is younger, knows it well and in a highly detailed fashion. This basically tells me that it is not a purely traditional form, as Chi Xing Tong Long Chuan is.

At this point, I have no other mantis forms on the site. I haven't gotten around to doing a slideshow on Chi Xing Tong Long Chuan (I don't star in them personally). I will create one, one day. I don't know of other sites that might have these types of visual aids.

doc
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Working...
    X