Avoiding HIV infection and AIDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avoiding HIV infection and AIDS

is there any threads or parts of the forum where i can read about aids prevention, and like what not to do to make sure you dont get aids like..getting dome do i need to wear a condom or what and also about thai women and how to figure out how old they are, whats acceptable like i dont wanna bang a 13 year old girl but asians are kinda hard to tell sometimes are there ways to find out cause i know theyll lie and stuff
    Hard to keep this one anonymous. No doubt everyone knows who wrote this, LOL....

No, there are no threads in the forum about how to prevent AIDS. But I'll tell you.

Be careful who you ****. Don't shoot (or take, for that matter) drugs. Tattoos are for people who have no other way of expressing themselves; the dangers are not worth the eventual risks. Try not to get blood transfusions in China. OK, that's it.

Maybe it's time we talked a bit about AIDS. My history with it goes back to the days before it was called that; have I got stories about the things that I've seen way back when. But, another time. Here's a little ditty about AIDS that might put it all together for you. Part of a very good medical journal article that discusses the incidences of people with AIDS and sexually transmitted infections (and vicey versey)

HIV is most commonly spread by people who have not yet tested HIV positive and therefore do not know that they are HIV infected.The majority of individuals diagnosed with HIV avoid exposing sexual partners to the virus. HIV-positive persons who do engage in unprotected sex with unknown-status or HIV-negative sexual partners more often do so when they believe they are not infectious. Although HIV transmission can occur at any point in the HIV disease process, infectiousness is greatest in the very earliest stages of infection, for example during acute infection and later during symptomatic HIV disease. At all stages of HIV infection, antiretroviral treatments effectively suppress HIV replication, reduce concentrations of virus and potentially decrease infectiousness. Undetectable viral load in blood plasma appears to be fairly stable, suggesting that infectiousness may not vary substantially between viral load tests in clinical care. Consensus is building around the concept of reducing infectiousness with HIV treatments for HIV prevention. Indeed, the Swiss Federal AIDS Commission officially stated that people living with HIV/AIDS who have effectively suppressed HIV replication, as demonstrated by repeated undetectable viral load test results, can be considered noninfectious, alleviating concern about HIV transmission.

Potential reductions in HIV transmission risks resulting from effective HIV treatments are unfortunately negated by several factors, including antiretroviral drug penetration into the genital tract and viral shedding caused by co-occurring sexually transmitted infections (STIs). In addition, migration of immune cells to the site of genital tract infection can increase concentrations of HIV-infected cells, potentially enhancing cell-associated viral transmission. Because blood plasma viral load remains unchanged during STI episodes, coinfection of an HIV-infected person with other STIs results in that person being far more infectious than they could possibly know. Studies suggest that STI prevalence is high among people living with HIV/AIDS. For example, Rieg et al. reported that 14% of HIV-positive men who have sex with men (MSM) attending HIV clinics in Los Angeles had an asymptomatic STI. A population-based study of people living with HIV/AIDS in New York City found a 2.4% annual incidence of STIs, with the highest incidence (8.4%) among persons aged 13–24 years. Dougan et al. reported that 42% of MSM diagnosed with syphilis in 11 Western European countries were HIV positive and in England and Wales 32% of MSM with gonorrhoea were HIV positive. High rates of STIs have also been reported among people living with HIV in the Caribbean, Thailand and southern Africa. Should HIV treatments for HIV prevention prove efficacious, prevalent STIs among people living with HIV/AIDS will undermine their protective benefits.

The current study investigated the behavioural characteristics of people living with HIV/AIDS who had recently been diagnosed with a new STI. We tested the association between sexual behaviours with non-HIV-positive (i.e. serodiscordant) sexual partners and knowledge of one's own viral load and recent STI diagnosis. In this same framework, we examined HIV infectiousness and treatment optimism beliefs that are commonly associated with increased sexual risk behaviours among people living with HIV/AIDS in relation to knowledge of viral load and having been diagnosed with an STI.
    Underline mine. I just realized that when I quote something, its all in italics. Read those again. In fact, read the first three sentences again.

• HIV is most commonly spread by people who don't know that they are infected. Another way to read that, is, you might find HIV amongst people that you least expect, ie, they look and act healthy, and, worse, they think that they're pure and unadulterated and infected. The skanky ones are always the easiest to avoid (unless you're drunk or otherwise mentally altered). It's the healthy looking ones that are going to get you.
    • The majority of people infected with HIV avoid infecting their partners; ie, there's some sort of affection or love involved. Not so with some honey looking to make a buck to feed her five children, the sick mother, and the dying water buffalo back in her village. She won't care.
    • HIV infected individuals more often have unprotected sex with partners when they think they're not infectious. OK. Surprise, they're always infectious. Being on antiviral medication might diminish the serum viral load, and therefore possibly decrease the "infectiousness" of that individual, but, hey, it don't take many strands of viral RNA to send you to an early grave. Oh, and not to be demeaning or anything, but if you're talking about Thai women in a bar, we're not talking about PHD candidates. Grammar school education, maybe some high school. They're not going to know what a virus is, other than something that makes your nose run.
    • OK, the last italic part; not in the first three sentences. Sorry. But it's an important one. It mentions that people who have HIV, and ALSO have a sexually transmitted disease, such as chlamydia, syphilis, etc, might be MORE infectious because of the increase in inflammatory factors in the genital region. Imagine a Thai bar girl, who sometimes has more than two partners a day, not having a concurrent genital infection. Or, in other words, show me a Las Vegas stripper that doesn't have an STD, and I'll show you a nun who gives great head.

More to follow.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

More medical study stuff:

Having contracted an STI was not related to higher rates of unprotected sex. Indeed, greater rates of condom use with nonpositive partners were observed among participants who had contracted an STI. This paradoxical finding is accounted for, however, by individuals who were diagnosed with an STI having a greater number of sexual partners, including non-HIV-positive sexual partners.

Research over the past decade shows that believing a person with HIV is less infectious when told they have an undetectable viral load is associated with HIV transmission risk behaviours. Left unchecked, infectiousness beliefs can lead to increased risk behaviours, such as increased numbers of sexual partners, and therefore increased exposure to STIs, resulting in individuals being more infectious than they could possibly know from their blood serum viral load.
    OK, two things:
    • Condom use doesn't necessarily protect you. In fact, it might make things worse, as the "feeling of being protected" might lead you to more and more risky and prevalent bad behavior. Not using a condom is akin to putting a gun to your head and pulling the trigger, to see if it's loaded.
    • When HIV infected people are on (or off) medication, and are told that they're HIV is "under control", they might tend to be more overly promiscuous and engage in more risky behavior. Expect this sort of low grade moron nonsense from bar girls who have been told that they have HIV, but that they're "healthy" (ie, they don't have full blown obvious AIDS yet). People misinterpret what doctors tell them all the time. For example: I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that you have been infected with HIV. The good news is, you don't have AIDS. Yet... Ta DA! I'm ok! Time to **** lots of men and make lots of money...

Got it?
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

The "disco bars of Thailand"

An interesting medical study from Africa, which draws many, many correlations to what you find in the lady bars of Asia:

We investigated the so-called 'disco funeral' phenomenon in Kisumu, Kenya, whereby community members including adolescents congregate at the home of the deceased for several days, accompanied by music and dancing. We explored whether disco funerals are a risk situation for HIV/sexually transmitted infection infection among youth.

Design: Cross-sectional qualitative study.

Methods: We conducted 44 in-depth interviews with male and female adolescents aged 15-20 years in Kisumu municipality in Nyanza Province, Kenya. We also made observations during six disco funerals.

Results: Disco funerals were an important place for young people to hang out; they increased the opportunities to meet and engage in (risky) sexual activities. Many adolescents reported having casual sex on these occasions, sometimes with multiple partners, and mostly without condoms. Some girls were forced into sex, and there were several accounts of gang rape. Sex in exchange for money was reported frequently. Drugs and alcohol seemed to facilitate unprotected, multiple-partner, coerced, and transactional sex.

Conclusion: In Kisumu, a town with a generalized HIV/AIDS epidemic, the high AIDS mortality leads to frequent disco funerals. Because many adolescents are having unprotected, transactional, or coerced sex at these occasions, disco funerals might contribute to the high HIV prevalence among youth, especially among adolescent girls. HIV interventions urgently need to include outreach actions to youth who hang out at disco funerals and link up with parents and funeral organizers to reduce risk situations.
      The correlations are obvious. If not, I'll explain it to you...

russbo.com

Comment

The age question is an interesting one, and it brings comical memories back to me.

Years ago, when my friend Yong, from China, was visiting me in Phuket, we went to a few of the bars in Patong. One of the bars had the dancers dressed as school girls, kind of their trademark. But, being a bar in Thailand, one would assume that all the women "working" there, or drinking there, would have to at least be 18.

One girl approached Yong, in a very flagrant and open manner. He's a bit shy, and as such, didn't really know how to handle the situation. It was terribly comical, tears were coming to my eyes, until I had realized, upon looking at this girl, that she couldn't have been more than fourteen years old.

Now this is tragic. We asked her what she was doing in a bar in Patong, and the answer that came from her inebriated mouth was "boom boom". She was out to make money, like most of these girls that you'll find in these places. But to find underage girls, well, it's not supposed to happen. The bar owners are supposed to regulate who drinks at their bars, as they do in the US and other countries. The sad thing is, in Asia, sometimes, more often than not, people don't care. All they care about is making money. And that's why you run into horrible situations like this.

The initial approach that this girl made to Yong was so comical that I had videotaped it. When we realized that she wasn't who she was supposed to be, and that she more than likely was about fifteen or sixteen years old, the comedy was over, the tape was erased over, and we left.

Moral of the story: We weren't out looking for anything other than a place to hang out, bullshit, and people watch. Both of us had girlfriends, and we weren't looking for any sort of companionship. But the evening went from comic to tragic, with the advent of one brief episode of communication. If a woman is old enough to vote, she's old enough to decide what she wants to do with her private parts. But finding children in these environments, well, it's sickening. And unfortunately, it happens.

My end advice, concerning the "question" that was posed, is. hang out, watch the people, talk to the natives, and don't get involved. The risks are much greater than you can imagine.

russbo.com

Comment

lol, ask and you shall recieve, very good. although i resent the remark about tattoos i dig all this information, its very good. for the most part its what i already knew but it belongs here for future sicko russbo sextourists lolo.
          "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

I see that it's time for the tattoo diatribe.

OK. You asked for it...

russbo.com

Comment

There's another issue other than the ethical and moral one, and that is with respect to age and infectiousness.

One would expect the 34 year old toothless Thai hag sitting in the corner by herself surrounded by empty bottles of beer to be a much higher risk than the coy, pretty, 22 year old in the nice clean fresh dress. But, these things can be deceiving. Consider that the 34 year old woman was just divorced from her alcoholic cheating unemployed husband two weeks ago, and she's resorted to working in the bar as a hostess in order to make money to provide food for her five children, which she is raising herself. Consider that the 22 year old has been a nightly visitor to the bar scene for the past four years, averaging two to three sexual encounters for money a night. As you can see, age, with respect to risk from infection, can be deceiving.

russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by Maestro View Post
                but it belongs here for future sicko russbo sextourists lolo.
                Time to start up the docTours again?? LOL...

russbo.com

Comment

lol, no it makes perfect sense, the more you talk the more i doubt if i will have the courage to bang a girl like that anyway, hopefully the beer will help lol

and the doctours, i wish i had gone on one looking back, i might be so much different....
                  "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Working...
                  X