Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Shaolin form?

Hi

I would like to know the name of basic and advance shaolin form?

Is there anyone who have a movie with this forms on?

I realy wonna learn it and in my Country noone teach Shaolin Gung Fu so please help me with this....

Regards, Sašo

Look in the File Library on this forum. There are videos and slideshows that show real Shaolin gong fu. I've got other videos coming soon, but, right now, we're concentrating on getting the docstore online (and rewriting the entire site). Lots of work, but, hopefully, in a few weeks, I'll have about five hours of video on the server for you all to watch.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

As a quick answer to the question, it's generally accepted that the usual basic form is Xiao Hong Quan, also spelled Shao Hong Chuan (though at the UK temple our first form is Wu Bu Quan). There are various websites with specific diagrams of the form, and a video available from russbo.com of a monk performing what seems to be a slightly abridged version of the form... it can be difficult to find a definitive version of any shaolin form, because each monk tends to perform it differently, and I know of at least 3 different versions which contain similar techniques, especially at the beginning and end, but vary in the middle of the form- they seem to generally contain the same techniques but in a different order. You can get a PDF of one version of the form from www.shaolinwolf.com.
      "Be Cool" - Lao Tzu

Comment

ah WD...

...you gave it away! Now we know the answer...oh well...a little buffalo already told me but surprises are nice from time to time especially when you have a horrible memory like me...
        "Arhat, I am your father..."
        -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Here is a list (on this site), there are videos of some of them here as well (as doc said).
          practice wu de

Comment

Wood, I don't think Wu Bu Chuan is considered an actual traditional form. It's just a preperatory form to familiarise one with the five stances.

Hey, Arhat's a russbo god too...

Comment

Well, it's still the first form we learn
              "Be Cool" - Lao Tzu

Comment

hey is there enough room for 2 gods around here?

lol

dave
                simple and natural is my method,
                true and sincere is my principle --Tse Sigung

Comment

Well, I guess it would be better than having more than one super admin....lol
                  practice wu de

Comment

lol - i bet he wishes there was more than one though

dave
                    simple and natural is my method,
                    true and sincere is my principle --Tse Sigung

Comment

More than one? I'm having trouble taking care of just me lately.

We're up to two gods. Wow. Should be an interesting conflict in the future....
                      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Wu Bu Xuan, Tong Bei Xuan, Gong Fu Xuan, Xao Hoong Xuan, Xao Lohan Xuan, Ying sho Goon, Mei Wa Do,
                        Non Xuan, Chi Xing Tong Long Xuan

Comment

Originally posted by Kickin
                          Wu Bu Xuan, Tong Bei Xuan, Gong Fu Xuan, Xao Hoong Xuan, Xao Lohan Xuan, Ying sho Goon, Mei Wa Do,
                          Non Xuan, Chi Xing Tong Long Xuan
                          *confused*

wow never seen it in that order...where do u learn?

Comment

These are some of the traditional Shaolin forms:

Wu Xing Ba Fa : Five animal form
                            Tong Bei Chuan: I forget what tong bei means.
                            Xiao Hong Chuan: Hong (family name, not "little red") boxing
                            Xiao Lohan Chuan: Small Lohan boxing
                            Da Lohan Chuan (one and two, Yi Lu and Er Lu): large lohan boxing
                            Ing Shou Gun: reverse hand bow staff
                            Mei Hua Do: Plum flower (?) sword form
                            Nan Chuan: Southern style boxing, not traditional Shaolin
                            Chi Xing Tong Long Chuan: seven star praying mantis

Nan Chuan is not considered to be a traditiona Shaolin form. It's a southern style form.

Shi De Cheng taught these to me (except Wu Xing Ba Fa). He knows a lot of traditional forms, more so than the more contemporary wushu that's floating around now.

russbo.com

Comment

doc,
                              there's a lot of confusion over tong bei quan. actually, in my little funny report card thing, he listed it as tong bi quan, which means something totally different. there is a popular style of gonfu fu called tongbei quan, and is usually translated as 'through the back boxing.' i've seen a demonstration and it seems it refers to the method of power generation. i thought it was similar to bajiquan or piquaquan.

now, tonbi quan, my best translation would be 'through the arm boxing.' yes, my chinese skills are totally lacking, but this seemed appropriate as nearly every application that decheng and i practiced acted on the arm for balance breaking or joint manipulation (which was fun because that's pretty much what i'm learning in aikido right now).
                              -Jesse Pasleytm
                              "How do I know? Because my sensei told me!"

Comment

Working...
                              X