This beginner needs lots of help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This beginner needs lots of help!

Ok you must exscuse the stench on me that is "beginner". I am quite new to this wonderful and magical land of floating people and random blasts of energy. But perhaps my question might be a relapse into time to your days of starting out.

My question being: Is there any way that I might further develop my Horse Stance? Would jumping in horse work? I'm afraid I wear down within a matter of a couple of minutes and that's not very good. I know the best way is of course to constantly practice it daily, but is there any other exercises I might use to further build up the endurance to hold for much longer? After a few days I begin to have some minor aches around my calves. So any advice would be helpful. Expect many more questions from me.

You use some muscles in horse stance that you normally do not use to a great degree in walking, running, or swimming. (Don't ask me to name them, lol). The best way to strengthen your horse stance, in my opinion, is to just keep practicing it. I find that doing Ba Duan Jing qi gong is also a great way or working on your horse stance.

As for jumping up and down in a horse stance, I wouldn't recommend it, though, you younger guys might be able to do this without any problem. But, remember, when you're in a horse, you're putting your knees in a position that is not terribly normal for them. Applying upwards and downwards force to them, while they are in that position, is probably not the wisest thing to do. I'd be careful with that.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

just keep practising and dont force it too much. if you need to move up a little higher and not go so low its ok. Just remember to do things step by step Also stretching can be quite useful as well as doing anything to move the body around, like doc said qigong is cool.

dave
      simple and natural is my method,
      true and sincere is my principle --Tse Sigung

Comment

That's what I had assumed was all I could do. And I agree: qi gong is quite good! As for the jumping whilst in horse I can see how it could be bad for you. But from what I know, ocassionaly jumping in place helps to balance out the body better so that whenever you have to ( like in a form of some kind) have to make a small jump into a horse you will have leanred to be better rooted or something to that effect. But I also don't recommend you do it too often or too much especially if you aren't sure you can support yourself well.

Anyway I appreciate the advice from you old guys.

Comment

Old guys?

Where's my walker now....
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

if you wanna practise jumping, then do that, its different from horse stance training which is to build your connection to the ground and body structure

dave
            simple and natural is my method,
            true and sincere is my principle --Tse Sigung

Comment

Working...
            X