Shaolin training in California?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin training in California?

I'll be relocating to California after the summer and would like to know which schools are teaching traditional Shaolin? I will most likely be moving to the San Francisco area but could possibly be going to Los Angeles (won't know for a couple more weeks yet). I know the San Francisco area in particular is pretty rich with good Gung Fu instructors but I think finding someone who teaches Northern Shaolin might somewhat of a challenge. Any info. will be much appreciated! I sure wish a monk would open a temple in California like they have in New York, Houston and Vegas.

We haven't got a monk in Vegas. Yet.

OK, so it's been "yet" for a year and a half. He's coming. He's coming....
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

There are a few good bak sil lum schools...... I don't know too many schools out there, I know there are a lot. You might want to ask doc's martial brother Gene about gung fu in the bay area at kung fu qigong magazine forums
      practice wu de

Comment

Thanks for the replies! Oh and sorry about the mistake regarding the Vegas monk, doc! I remember reading something about it a while back and thought the school was probably open there by now. It might not be in California but hey, at least one is finally coming to the western portion of the states now.

Comment

it

It really does in San Francisco .

Comment

Here's one that, I think, is located in San Fran. It's ran by a Wuseng.
            http://www.shaolinsf.org/

And here's another that's just south of San Fran. Maybe one hours drive. It's ran by a ex-Wuseng.
            http://www.shaolinkungfuinternational.com/home.htm

Sorry, never ran across any "real" shaolin schools in L.A.. At least none that are ran by a Wuseng.

Best I could do fer Ya....
            "Winners turn to losers, losers are forgotten..." - A Tribe Called Quest

Comment

the person you want will come soon.

Comment

Working...
              X