Iron palm training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron palm training

I am planing on conditioning for iron palm starting this summer. My master has suggested a technique and I just wanted to hear some other options for training. The one I will start involves, basicly, dropping my hands onto cinder blocks. Anyone know any other options, or maybe some tips or suppliments? I just want to see whats out their.

Look in the Seidokan section of the site. There's a thingie on iron palm training.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

If you can get yourself a barrel (or just a large bucket whose rim is it waist level) and fill it with sand. This is the best training tool for moving slowly and safely into iron palm training. Throw punches into the sand and as your hands get stronger, replace the sand with thicker sand, and eventually small pebbles. Once you can throw punches deep into a barrel full of pebbles and small rocks (without seriously hurting yourself) you're doing really good. Remember, gradually increase the grain size of the sand you're working with. Gradual is the key to successful iron palm/body training. At least, if you dont want to be very very bloody at the begining.
      Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Thanks guys, any others? Websites and book s would also help. Oh yeah, anyone know where I could find the best deal for good dit da jow?

Comment

uwe knows

uwe knows all..and unless you wanna go into masonry with that palm of your becaureful you dont **** up your hands..

i dont think lots of girls like calluse grose man hands..

theres a website i know of that is great for ma supplies, its like based around this one guy its an easy to remember url that i always forget somethin like ewe or twe or some shit like that..

anyway they seem to have a good deal of supplies and training vids etc for iron palm..aswell as dit da jow, but ask uwe or get his attention somehow he probably knows best
          "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Don't be a moron.

Find a qualified teacher...if you feel like he might not be qualified don't do it under his instruction. Cruising websites is not the smartest thing to do for this, it's not like you're looking for a recipe for eggs benedict, these are your hands (fists?) and you should be careful.
            "Arhat, I am your father..."
            -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Re: Don't be a moron.

Originally posted by arhat
              Find a qualified teacher...if you feel like he might not be qualified don't do it under his instruction. Cruising websites is not the smartest thing to do for this, it's not like you're looking for a recipe for eggs benedict, these are your hands (fists?) and you should be careful.
              carpaltunnle,

listen to Arhat, he is right in this one. Don't forget there are a number of different ways for Iron Palm.

Also, for the Dit Da Jow, go in the Chinese Medecine section, I posted something there in regards to this.

Maestro, thanks for the compliment, but I do not know everything, I probably never will. Just one comment: The calluses are not the issue, but Arthritis will be, if you mess up your hands.

Uwe

Comment

Uwe is absolutely correct. I would be very careful with this iron palm training. If not done correctly and slowly, the resultant arthritis you'll get when you're older will be crippling. The appearance of the hands on some of these practitioners is just damn awful, grotesque knuckles, deformed fingers, it's pretty bad. Anybody that's punching a barrel full of rocks is just looking for trouble.
                Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                russbo.com

Comment

dit da

I asked my master once if a recipe for dit da jow I had found was a good one. He looked it over for a few seconds and then asked me what it was for. I told him it was for sore muscles and not to be ingested. He alterred some of the ingredients and told me how to prepare it. He mentioned a few times that if it was for iron palm it would have to be different. He said at a later time that iron palm training involved hitting different substances with an open palm for set periods of time and then soaking your hands in the dit da jow. He said that it should be heated when you soak your hands.

Mind you this was a couple of years ago so I may be misremembering exactly what he said. But I would find someone who can teach you this and not just anyone. We have all seen the hands of the Iron Fist. Not to attractive although impressive. The guy just punches a metal slab hundreds of times a day. Trust me , his hand looks like it. I have seen other masters who demo iron fist and they have no noticable deformities. It is just the way that you train.

Bhodi

Comment

does..

does yan ming posses any irom limbs etc?

Comment

yup...

-the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

lol

lol

the gods have punished me with lack of detail

OH GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Comment

heh heh heh...

...get yourself some hair horns and some birds and then we'll talk...and quit exposing your crotch, even when you sit down. It's insulting to one of my status whenever I astrally project I always manage to catch that shot. It pisses Guan Yin off too, just so you know.
                          -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Working...
                          X