Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Authentic Shaolin in Brisbane, Australia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Authentic Shaolin in Brisbane, Australia?

I was wondering if you gus can comment on the authenticity of a Shaolin Kung Fu Guan that has been in Brisbane since 1999.

School: Shaolin Kung Fu Guan

Teaches: Authentic(?) Shaolin kung fu (both northern and southern), contemporary wushu, Taiji, Qigong and Chan/Zen meditation.

Affiliations: International Wushu Federation, Australian Wushu Kung Fu Federation

Head instructer: Ramesh Patel (Shi Xing Zhong), 32nd generation disciple. Student of Sifu Shi De Yang of the Shaolin Temple.

What do you guys think? My first thought was that it was a bit too good to be true.

Might be good. The only way you're going to find out is to go train with him. You can get an idea of what genuine Shaolin gong fu (as presently taught in the temple) is by looking at the videos in the file library (more coming, working on them this week actually). There are hooligans out there, but then again, there are genuine people too.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Do you have a link? You could try asking over on the kung fu magazine forums, there are a few ausies over there....
      practice wu de

Comment

Working...
      X