X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shi Yongxin

Some Shaolin temple history:
    Attached Files
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Here's some inauguration pics:

Comment

Read the commentary that was written about him on this sign....
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

haha,
        charity and welfare....
        -Jesse Pasleytm
        "How do I know? Because my sensei told me!"

Comment

I dont get it, why is Shi Yong Xin fat? Should the abbot in a buddhist monastary be fat? Is he eating more than he needs too, that doesnt sound very monkish, anyone?

Comment

Could be a couple things according to Oprah

1. Could be genetic with the so called 'fat gene'
            2. Could be making the wrong choices in his diet.
            3. More likey it a sign of a deeper emotional problem where foods acts as a comfort.

Hope this helps
            WushuSpear (Oprah fan)

Comment

holy hell, that would be an awesome oprah show if she interviewed yong xin....dr. phil could come on and offer his help.
              -Jesse Pasleytm
              "How do I know? Because my sensei told me!"

Comment

Buddha is a fatty. I've heard it's because he is filled with energy.
                "Bye Book!" - Ven. Damo

Comment

Hmmm...

Grandmaster? Does that just come along with being abbot? Or are they trying to come off like he has some skills?

Comment

a little info....

i know yongxin did train some. he has pictures in one of the shaolin pictorials, it's the one with yanming and goulin in alot of pictures together. i also remember that xinghao told me the first monk he saw back in 85-86 when he arrived at the temple was yongxin.
                    maybe they are refering to him as a buddhist grandmaster and not a martial one?

kungfud0rk

Comment

Yongxin is on the cover of some Shaolin martial arts books. A younger Yongxin that is. I almost bought it and brought it back. I will this next trip so you can see it.

russbo.com

Comment

In this week's Variety (October 20-26, 2003), there's an article entitled, "Temple gets hip to film crews," by Arthur Jones, datelined Shanghai. It describes how Shaolin Temple "has tightened rules controlling the use of its name in commercial ventures, and the use of the location in film shoots."
                        It goes on to say:
                        "According to the temple's newly registered company, Henan Shaolin Temple Industrial Development Ltd., film and television crews looking to shoot on the location need to be supervised by officials from the local antiquities bureau. Images of the temple used for commercial purposes will have to be approved by representatives from the ranks of resident monks, and the words 'Shaolin' and 'Shaolin Temple' are now registered trademarks."
                        Jet Li's SHAOLIN TEMPLE (1982) is mentioned as are SHAOLIN SOCCER (a color still from which accompanies the article) and the 1939 film, HOW SHAOLIN TEMPLE WAS BURNT TO ASHES.

I liked this line also:
                        "The abbot, Shi Yongxin, who is also CEO of the Henan Shaolin Temple Co., was the subject of a recent Discovery documentary.... His corporate approach to managing the ancient religious site and his distinctive combination of traditional saffron robes, mobile phone and SUV transportation has drawn as much praise as criticism from local media."

This sets a scary precedent. What's going to happen to Xenon's "Shaolin Collection"? Is an army of Shaolin lawyers going to start descending on our local Suncoasts and pulling FIVE FIGHTERS FROM SHAOLIN and WARRIOR FROM SHAOLIN off the racks? What if the original Wu Tang Clan suddenly gets ideas from all this and decides to go after everyone who's appropriated THEIR name? "Watch out, Ol' Dirty *******, here we come!"
                        "I'm like Tupac: Who can stop me?"

Comment

I've approached this issue before, long time ago (years ago). Look for it in the Shaolin Topics, Topic Twelve.

This current move is not surprising. It's all "in character", so to speak...

russbo.com

Comment

HAHAHAHAHA look at this

HAHA look at this
                            Attached Files
                            martial way is mine, death one is yours
                            call me last bodyguard of the lohan chuan, call me the one who will bring wu de to occident, call me, the one

Comment

Re: HAHAHAHAHA look at this

Originally posted by shaolin_disciple_fei_hung
                              HAHA look at this
                              Good One. Look also at the one I posted in the photo section a few days ago. He is growing a bit more sideways these days.

Uwe

Comment

Working...
                              X