Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festival

hello Doc

I was wondering if you are going to be around Zhengzhou around the festival this year. It's just that I'm competing and the only prices for accomadation I can find on the net are for groups and in USD which is crazy. Four nights will cost me 599USD in a 3 star hotal excluding competion registration! Lunacy. I've been to China before and these are tourist prices. I know that they'll be a shortage of rooms so I don't want to risk pitching up and starting to look when I'm there. Know of any decent hotels at decent prices?

How far is Deng Feng from Zengzhou? Maybe I can crash at one of the privcate schools there and catch a bus or taxi to the competition.

Thanks
    WushuSpear

No, in fact, I think its time I hit Europe. Probably this fall.

If the festival is going to be in Zengzhou, then staying in Dengfeng, which can cost you over thirty dollars a night, is kind of ridiculous. It's a least a two hour taxi ride each way.

And, those prices are decent prices. Some hotels in Zengzhou are a hundred USD a night. Hotel prices in China, in the larger cities, are starting to approximate western prices.

I suggest you look at www.asiahotels.com. You can usually find some good deals there, especially this far in advance.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Thanks

So far the Holiday Inn seems like the best bet but still it seems a little pricy. I'll have to adjust my budget. The festival is over 4 nights so even at $100 a night, that would add up to $400. I'll keep looking.

WushuSpear

Comment

Festival's been postponed again till next August. Fortunately SARS has nothing t odo with it.

WushuSpear

Comment

Working...
        X