Discussion Forum Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion Forum Problems

I'm aware of the fact that the Private Message and Email facilities of the discussion forum do not work. I'm currently working on this problem. It might take me a day or so to figure out what's going on. Sorry about the problem.

doc
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Java Script Navigation

I'm aware of the fact that the Java Script navigation system is difficult to work with. Apparently, patience, and placing the hand pointer so that the base of the finger is directly in the center of the box, helps. But, still, it appears to be tempermental.

I'm currently working on this issue, though, because of its complexity, I'm not sure when I'll be able to get this thing worked out. Asger is currently working on a backup PHP driven menu for the site, which should be available soon.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Java Script Navigation

I fixed the Java Script menu. It should work just fine now. It will remain open, so you can peruse it easier. To close it, just click anywhere on the page, outside the Java Script menu.

Let me know if there are any problems.

russbo.com

Comment

I'm back from the Mayo clinic, and I just discovered that my server has been offline on and off, mostly off, for the past two weeks. The reason has been a major configuration problem in the Sprint central offices. We finally got them to fix it tonight. The forum and all the other stuff on the site is now operable.

Hopefully, this won't happen again in the near future. Apologies to all the thousands and thousands of people who hit the main part of the site after the airing of Shaolin Ullyses, who could not get into my server hosted aspects of the site.

russbo.com

Comment

We've been having some problems with my internet access line. Apparently, it's Sprint's problem, though they can't seem to figure out why we keep losing our connection. Three new modems later, and the line continues to crash and wipe out half the site.

We're working on it, hope to get it fixed soon.

russbo.com

Comment

Over the last two weeks we've experienced some internet access problems. It's been quite the headache, as we've repaired our lines, replaced our modems, and now, obtained new IP addresses, and reconfigured the server.

It should work now.

My apologies to the Inferno gang who couldn't kill bots this week.

doc

russbo.com

Comment

We continue to have issues with the internet connection that supplies my personal server. The server runs the discussion forum, the photo library, some other things, and, of course, Maestro's beloved Inferno.

We're working on it. Expect the server to be offline here and there, for the next few......

doc

russbo.com

Comment

More details about the latest problems with the forums, etc, can be found in the russbo CNI.

I'm working hard to get these issues fixed. Sorry about the inconvenience.

russbo.com

Comment

I think that if you look carefully, or, even not so carefully, you'll notice that the forums are missing a lot of things.

I just did a major upgrade in the forums. They should work "faster", but, they are missing a lot of features.

I will be installing some of these features over the next few weeks. I'll work on getting the Inferno back online ASAP.

God knows we wouldn't want Maestro to get upset now....

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                  X